16 dpo beta 47 :(

Reaction score
I started out with nice dark lines . I have had 4 early losses so now I'm crazy and test like 3 times a day ! I noticed my lines not progressing and then becoming lighter . I went in for a beta and it came back low at 47. My progesterone was good at 41 . I would love to hear some personal experiences . I know I have already been through this but I'm trying to keep hope . Thank you !

Hugs. Is your doctor concerned? The number isn't as important as if it doubles, so I hope they have you coming back in 48 hours after. My 4th Edition "What to Expect When You're Expecting" says 4 weeks pregnant "normal" hcg ranges are 5-400something. Week 5 can be as low as 18 and still be "normal". I can't comment on the progesterone since I have never been tested for it.

Do you have pics of your tests? Hugs. I know with previous losses it can be easier to stress or worry or try to mentally prepare yourself, but try to enjoy the moment. I know I couldn't stop worrying until my doctor did a serial beta for me, and even now I'm trying to stay calm until my first appointment.

We are a military family so I never see the same nurse or dr :( but the nurse just called me back with my beta and said congrats you're about 3 weeks along . I told her I should be over 4. At that point she seemed concerned and wanted me to come in . I took frer it's almost negative :( I know it will just be a few more days till bleeding starts :( thanks for your kind words .

Hugs. Is your doctor concerned? The number isn't as important as if it doubles, so I hope they have you coming back in 48 hours after. My 4th Edition "What to Expect When You're Expecting" says 4 weeks pregnant "normal" hcg ranges are 5-400something. Week 5 can be as low as 18 and still be "normal". I can't comment on the progesterone since I have never been tested for it.

Do you have pics of your tests? Hugs. I know with previous losses it can be easier to stress or worry or try to mentally prepare yourself, but try to enjoy the moment. I know I couldn't stop worrying until my doctor did a serial beta for me, and even now I'm trying to stay calm until my first appointment.

What she said. One number means absolutely nothing really.
Oh and ps, most dont see the same doc or nurse, thats just kinda how it works unless you go to a small practice

Did you take your frer with fmu? My fmu frers are always much lighter than the rest of the day. Do you temp at all or have other tests?

Not sure how the military works, but I would be politely demanding a blood test today.

P.S. I hate when nurses try to speak on your hcg levels. Kaiser does not allow them to. They just say the #. I found out why after 3 nurses broke that rule with me and interpreted my #, and the bs they said was far from correct. So I tend to only listen to what the ladies on here or my gyn say. Or best of both world former nurses on here hehe

I had a HCG level of 25 at 13 DPO so 45 at 16 is a great number. When my doc called he said that with my number I am 3-4 weeks pregnant which is what the nurse should have told you instead of giving you one specific week. Because there are overlapping numbers there is no way to accurately tell gestation age with a blood test (they can only estimate it).
I agree that if it was me I would be requesting to go in and get another HCG level done. At what time of day are the tests getting lighter? I only test with FMU because urine gets more diluted as the day goes on and you drink more so it is possible for the tests later in the day to be lighter. Hopefully you are able to go in and get another HCG level done and it helps ease your anxiety a little bit.
I know kind of what you are feeling. I had 3 miscarriages and 2 years TTC before getting pregnant with my son. This time around it took us 14 months to conceive but didn't have any losses, now I am terrified that something is going to go wrong. My doctor's office is an hour away so it is hard to get down to get my HCG checked regularly so I am in fear until my first ultrasound which isn't for 2 more weeks.

Fingers crossed all is okay. :hugs::hugs:

I would say you are just fine! :) Keep positive. When is the next time you will be able to see a Dr and get more blood drawn?

I had blood work yesterday morning . They were supposed to call me before 4 and never did :( I think that's extremely rude considering I have to wait till Monday . I took another test and it was so faint I could barely see it :( I'm expecting my levels to be much lower than 47 :( I should start bleeding soon :( I feel almost numb . This will be my 6th loss :(

Hugs keeping you in my thoughts. Hope it was just a bad test moment (had a few scares with my hpts coming back lighter or almost bfn status). So sorry you have to wait until Monday. We are here for you.

Sending hugs!! Xx very rude of your doctor's btw! I would definitely say something as they probably forgot to call!

Thank you for your support . I started bleeding today so I got my answer :( it's bitter sweet. I just want this to be over :( I knew it was going to happen . I have cried till my eyes were almost swollen shut and now I must pick up and move on like I always do . I think distancing myself and staying busy actually helps . I want to thank you again and beat of luck to all of you ❤️

Hugs. I'm so sorry to hear that. I agree that focusing on other things is good. We are all here if you need anything. Is there any chance it's just breakthrough bleeding? Or it is pretty painful and heavy and clotty? Hugs hugs hugs sorry to ask so many questions.

Thank you for your support . I started bleeding today so I got my answer :( it's bitter sweet. I just want this to be over :( I knew it was going to happen . I have cried till my eyes were almost swollen shut and now I must pick up and move on like I always do . I think distancing myself and staying busy actually helps . I want to thank you again and beat of luck to all of you ❤️

I am so sorry. :hugs: Did the Dr.'s office ever get back to you with your HCG levels? Maybe it is breakthrough bleeding like DobbyFever suggested? If it is another loss, has your doctor ever put you on Metformin and/or progesterone? After my three miscarriages before I got pregnant with my son my doctor put me on Metformin and then as soon as I got a positive test I had to do progesterone (sorry TIM) vaginal inserts (I think they also have a pill, the insert is just more direct and works faster) to help firm up the uterus and help the bean stick. Finger's crossed in the meantime that all is okay and please send me a message anytime if you need someone to talk to. :hugs::hugs:

They did call me back . When I had my levels checked on Friday the results were 19:( i have never been on either drugs and have never had a problem with progesterone . I have children that I have carried. When my dr called me she said most likely the miscarriage was due to stress . This is the first time a dr has said that :/ not sure how true that is . Every other time they have said its just bad luck . That so many end in miscarriage . So I don't know . I do know that I'm very sad . I will continue praying . I know God has a reason . Blessings to all .

I'm not loving your doctor. I think you should get a second opinion if this is occurring more than just a couple of times. There may be something they can do medically to help you. Hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->