16 DPOs and still getting BFN....advice needed!

Starkette

Reaction score
I'm going crazy! :wacko:

I have longer cycles (about 31-34 days) and today is CD 34 with no AF signs yet! I think today is going to be the most nerve wracking day because I've never had my period start after 34 days (that's even pushing it for me, but it's happened in August so I can't rule it out) and so if I make it past today without AF showing, then my chances for being pregnant are much better!

So, I'm around 16 DPO (I don't chart or do OPKs so I'm guessing, it could be later or earlier, but according to my tracking app I O'd Dec 28th) and I'm still getting nothing but BFNs.

But I FEEL pregnant. With DD, my first symptom and the reason I knew I was pregnant before taking the test was because of my super sore breasts. I never get sore breasts before AF, or ever, so I knew something was up.

And guess what? I have the SAME super sore achy breasts this time! They started getting a little sore around the edges around 7 DPOs. But they became SUPER sore and super painful in the middle of my breast (and my nipples are ouch ouch ouch) around 13 DPOs. They are still sore.

My other symptoms that are not normally around during my TTW:

-- needing to pee every couple of hours, usually I can pee once in the morning and then not need to go again until late evening. Now, I have to GOGOGO every hour or two.

-- Feeling "sensitive" down there, like my lady bits are on high alert :winkwink:

-- Mood swings. I've been snapping for no reason and getting really annoyed without provocation (poor hubby)

-- Feeling "full" in my uterus, all the time. Also, mild cramping on and off throughout the day

-- Super bad indigestion and slight nausea, only at night, starting around 8 or 9pm. Then I become the burp queen until about midnight. This had been a pattern for the last 4 days consistently.

-- And of course SUPER sore boobs and nipples - which never happens. It's how I knew during my other TWWs that I wasn't pregnant. I never got the sore boobs.

But still getting BFNs! I took a test yesterday evening...nada. Not even a squinter. With DD, I took a test at 10 DPO and got a very clear positive. I'm pretty sure with her I implanted at 7 DPO because of cramping that day. Then the positive test 3 days later confirmed my suspicions.

I feel like I MUST be crazy. That my body is doing this to me just to be a jerk.

MAIN QUESTION:: Has anyone been in this kind of situation? Knowing you're pregnant, having all the signs, but still getting BFNs at 16 DPOs? Am I crazy? Is AF just going to rear her ugly head today and dash all my hopes? Ahhh! :wacko:

Relax! Have a glass of wine...you could be psyching yourself out. I did it one cycle...my cycle ended up being 42 days because I was sure I was preggo

I'm in the same boat friend, DPO 18. Good luck! Let you know if anything occurs. :) I know it's hard, but lets think of something else (if we can!).

You guys are totally right! We've been TTC since February and each month before this I was pretty calm for some reason, but this time I've been obsessed with every symptom and making myself feel crazy.

I'm going to try to focus on something else today. My daughter has a playdate so that will help a bit, I can chat with the other mom. I get the craziest when I'm alone, lol!

I'll let you know if AF shows or if I get that elusive bfp.

Any luck today? Nothing for me...just waiting.

CD 35, 17 DPO(ish?). No sign of AF still, but I took a test last night and it was a BFN again. I don't know what to think. But perhaps it's just too soon? I had a good distracted day yesterday. My daughter had a playdate with her bestie and the momma is my bestie so we chatted. She just told me it was probably still too soon and to wait a week. I'll know one way or another!

I vented to the hubs last night though- big time! LOL, poor guy feels so helpless. I've decided to be zen about this. If I can! Maybe I'm having a wonky cycle. My boobs still hurt, I feel nauseous in the mornings and get indigestion at night. Otherwise I feel good. *sigh* I just want AF to come if she's going to come or to get a BFP. I'm so impatient!

Thanks for the support ladies. It's much better than sitting here alone worrying myself into maddness.

KK - you can do this! Maybe go to a movie? Hidden Figures is AWESOME. A great pick-me-up.

Starkette-

I agree on the difficulty in not knowing. These are the worst cycles. My husband is out of town for a few days, so it feels that the hours are slowly ticking by and this is all I'm thinking about it.

I think "zen" thinking is the right way to go. I say this to myself: If i'm pregnant i'm pregnant, if i'm not i'm not. No reason to fret about it...life it too short for that! I'm CD 31, DPO 19? (I usually have short cycles). Sometimes the body does weird things and changes things up a bit. I have had this a hand full of times. :) Usually in a month of changes or stress.

Positive attitude and hope. Good luck and keep me updated! It's nice to know there are others out there. I sometimes feel like a crazy person...but now I know I may not be as crazy as once thought. -KK

I feel for you guys!! Big time! I've gone through that so many time and it's just the worst. The not knowing is the hardest part for sure!! And getting all the BFN's are just so disappointing!

I really hope you get your answer soon. I've heard of people not getting their BFP for a while. It really sucks!!

Good luck and baby dust!!

Woke up this morning with my answer. Say hello to the witch, everyone! It's super light, but definitely AF. 4 days late...what a jerk.

I'm letting myself be sad today. My boobs still hurt. That's what bugs me the most! They have never hurt before, except when I was pregnant, so it's like a big deception. How annoying!

Oh well. Nothing I can do about it! On to next month. I hope I catch that egg. With AF showing this late it meant I probably ovulated late and totally missed the egg. :(

How are you doing KK? Any answers for you?

Nothing yet! Still waiting, but I have a suspicion AF is coming shortly. I'll let you know! Sometimes cycles are wacky like that, but I'm sorry for you, really. I understand the struggle. Until next month! :)

Especially while ttc. The cycles can get all whacky and make you think that you're pregnant even when you're not..it's not really fair. Sorry to hear about AF. I hope you get your baby soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->