16 week appointment. Frustrated with weight gain

happynewmom1

Reaction score
So everything went well today. I was so grateful to hear baby's strong heartbeat and know all is well with little him or her. I'm just frustrated with myself now. I've had constant nausea since 6 weeks and haven't pigged out yet. I ate worse things when I did eat in the 1st trimester so wasn't surprised when at 11 weeks I had gained 4 lbs. With my history of gestational diabetes, I immediately decided I needed to fix the problems in my diet. And I thought I did. I have an occasional treat on the weekends but my weeks are filled with salads with spinach and carrots, celery and peanut butter,nuts for a snack, switched to Greek yogurt and sweet potatoes instead of potatoes. Changes like that. I've been working out regularly yet today found out I gained another 5 lbs :( please tell me it should slow down. I'm trying so hard and so frustrated. Very hormonal about this lol I don't remember gaining so far to this point with my others :/

It'll probably slow down. But you've got to think, you could be retaining water which can add water weight, or putting on muscle if you're working out. Muscle weighs more than fat!

I'm sure if it was anything out of the ordinary, the doc would let you know... Try not to stress momma! :flower:

It'll probably slow down. But you've got to think, you could be retaining water which can add water weight, or putting on muscle if you're working out. Muscle weighs more than fat!

I'm sure if it was anything out of the ordinary, the doc would let you know... Try not to stress momma! :flower:

Thank you so much for replying! I'm really trying not to stress or be vain. I know I will gain weight...it just seems quick. I gained too much weight with my first and had the hardest time losing it so I'm cautious I guess. I'm not sure what else differently to do either. Unless I quit letting myself cheat and have some sort of treat on the weekend, which has been really helpful in keeping me eating right the rest of the week so I guess I'll see.

You are right...I hadn't considered the other factors there. Plus my boobs have gotten bigger so maybe that adds some. One can hope :haha:

You have made me feel somewhat better...I so appreciate it! Going to try to relax a bit :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->