16 week potty shot. Any chance there wrong :(

I'm sorry hon. I'd prepare for a boy because it sure does look like you've got a little guy in there. It's rare that they say boy and out pops a girl so sorry:(.

Looks like a boy to me hun.
I know your probably not wanting to hear this but sonographers wouldn't just it like that unless they were sure.
I take it you wanted a girl?

This is my third and final child. Third boy. I desperately wanted a girl.

:( was hoping that wasn't boy bits and maybe the cord.

The cord has 3 blood vessels in it so it can often look girly, with 3 lines.

when sexing a scan you always scan cord then move down, the sonographer would have been sure...your image is defo boy looking.esp as your 16 weeks.....12 week scans are fun but not diagnostic tbh

Couldn't this be the nub? Ugh I know I'm reaching.

Nub would have disappeared at 16 weeks. I'm a radiographer, training in ultrasound, your image isn't a true boy shot but if the sonographer saw then it prob is......

That one shot you have is hard to judge.....static images are impossible sometimes

Thanks for your insight. I am sure she probably
Isn't wrong, wishful thinking :(

Couldn't this be the nub? Ugh I know I'm reaching.

Nub would have disappeared at 16 weeks. I'm a radiographer, training in ultrasound, your image isn't a true boy shot but if the sonographer saw then it prob is......

That one shot you have is hard to judge.....static images are impossible sometimes

Having someone who has a trained eye is very helpful. Thank you so much :). Even when it's not what I want to hear, I appreciate everyone who takes the time to respond. I am grateful.

Well I honestly wouldn't be saying 100 percent boy from that image, it's sooooo much easier to see when scanning in real time....... Can you get another check at 20 weeks just to be sure???

Maybe forget an wait to 20 weeks.

This is my cousins scan.....clearly no doubting a boy here. This is 18 weeks......you can see scrotum and penis. Your one image is hard to judge alone. Hope this helps.

Sorry it's upside down it's an iPad pic of the scan on my phone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 18
Maybe forget an wait to 20 weeks.

This is my cousins scan.....clearly no doubting a boy here. This is 18 weeks......you can see scrotum and penis. Your one image is hard to judge alone. Hope this helps.

Sorry it's upside down it's an iPad pic of the scan on my phone

Guess there is no denying that shot :). Mine was done at 15+ the first day of 16 weeks. Maybe by the grace of God I will get a different answer but I won't hold my breath :(.

This is my third and final child. Third boy. I desperately wanted a girl.

Aw, I understand hun but boys are brill!
My sister has 4 boys!!
I never experienced gender disappointment myself but I can imagine if you desperately wanted a certain sex you might be upset.
I know your probably sick of hearing this but a healthy baby is the main goal.
:hugs:

Its hard to tell from that shot. Good luck hope you get your girl

Thanks Hun. The fact the shot doesn't seem 100 percent gives me hope.

Did the tech seem sure that she saw boy bits?

She said she did but went very fast. Then she proceeded to tell my husband and I she had four sons and wanted a girl and wanted to jump off a bridge when she found out! I said awe four boys is nice and she said no its not, I hate it!!!

I wonder how you can see anything in this picture... then I seem to be completely blind ((((

Sophia it's so nice to hear you say that lol. I was 15+ first day of 16 weeks. What I see in that picture is what looks like swollen girl parts and something behind it actually looks like the nub from my other scan. But most people see it as a pee pee and the testis. I probably have a distorted view because I want a girl :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->