16 week potty shot. Any chance there wrong :(

Anyone else think I might still have a chance?

Just me again. I'm so sorry. I'm feeling the same I think u either feel this way or u don't. I chucked my pink things away they were making me upset. Everytime someone asks and I say it's a boy they go "ohhhhhhh no" even my sister said why does the world keep doing this to us. I'm trying to be positive but everyone else's disappointment is wearing off on me. I hope you get a miracle at ur next scan. I'm still hoping for one to. I love my boys but this really was my last chance to. I keep thinking of the things I'm going to miss out on. :(

Anyone else think I might still have a chance?
Unfortunately I think the tech was right.
I'd really start to prepare for blue. I think it will be more difficult emotionally to hear blue again, after trying to find hope that the tech was wrong. Have you been to ingender?

Do you think it would help if you talked to someone--like a therapist? I read about your concerns about PPD, and it might help you to have someone to help you sort all of these feelings out. So so sorry.

I posted on ingender and totally disappointed in that sight. No one responds. I could talk to someone, probably should. I am trying to mentally prepare. I will probably hear the same answer in a month. Wishing I never had that scan so I didn't have to hear the news twice!! Ughhhh.

Just me again. I'm so sorry. I'm feeling the same I think u either feel this way or u don't. I chucked my pink things away they were making me upset. Everytime someone asks and I say it's a boy they go "ohhhhhhh no" even my sister said why does the world keep doing this to us. I'm trying to be positive but everyone else's disappointment is wearing off on me. I hope you get a miracle at ur next scan. I'm still hoping for one to. I love my boys but this really was my last chance to. I keep thinking of the things I'm going to miss out on. :(

Honey I share all your same feelings. I don't even want to tell friends I'm having boy. Don't need the bad reaction. I feel like just saying we didn't find out. It's awful but I just imagine people's horrible reaction and get so angry. Ughhhh. I'm trying to see the bright side just is not possible right now. Maybe I do need therapy for this because I can't get excited or happy. I don't even see myself buying anything at all. I have no feeling of wanting to do anything to prepare. I'm awful, I know :(

Kat I'm so sorry..you are not a bad person for feelin this way, don't beat yourself up for how you naturally feel

....my SIL has 3 boys! I think she has decided now she might go for number 4 even though she was sure 3 was enough.

I rem my colleague telling her it was a boy....there was no denying it was a boy but she kept saying to me.....she (as in my colleague) said she thinks it's a boy.....She wasn't sure of the sex because she said thinks etc etc .....then she said she wouldn't buy blue stuff as there was every chance it could be wrong.

I think if my colleague had said it was a girl she would have never questioned it and would have had the entire house pink.

I know your scan is earlier than hers and there was no denying hers was a boy but maybe prepare for blue and ya never know......... Anyways....maybe go for 4??????

Kat I'm so sorry..you are not a bad person for feelin this way, don't beat yourself up for how you naturally feel

....my SIL has 3 boys! I think she has decided now she might go for number 4 even though she was sure 3 was enough.

I rem my colleague telling her it was a boy....there was no denying it was a boy but she kept saying to me.....she (as in my colleague) said she thinks it's a boy.....She wasn't sure of the sex because she said thinks etc etc .....then she said she wouldn't buy blue stuff as there was every chance it could be wrong.

I think if my colleague had said it was a girl she would have never questioned it and would have had the entire house pink.

I know your scan is earlier than hers and there was no denying hers was a boy but maybe prepare for blue and ya never know......... Anyways....maybe go for 4??????

Thanks so much for responding!! I will be 37 in a few days so 4 doesn't seem like option. Unlike my first two pregnancies one is 12 the other is 2 I am completely miserable. My mood is awful and I am the biggest "B" lol. Emotionally if I didn't feel so awful this time, maybe. My husband says he wants one more, he is crazy!! The scan was early and wish I never had it, that way I could have only had to go through the disappointment 1 time not twice. I am trying to just accept it but it stinks, bad!!! I will just prepare to hear boy once again next month :(

I posted on ingender and totally disappointed in that sight. No one responds. I could talk to someone, probably should. I am trying to mentally prepare. I will probably hear the same answer in a month. Wishing I never had that scan so I didn't have to hear the news twice!! Ughhhh.

Hi Hun I've read this whole thing and I agree. Someone told me to post my scan pics on ingender when I was going through similar. I did and I waited 6 days for any response! I bumped it time and time again. I didn't understand why nobody was responding!

Basically I posted my 12 wk shots on here and almost everyone said girl. Silly me took it as a given just because everyone was saying it! As I already have a boy I got a bit excited :) My husband really wants to be team yellow so I knew we wouldn't be finding out at any scan anyway. It was like my little secret lol. We had an extra scan at 16 wks because of problems with my son In my last pregnancy. The only pic I got was a profile. Again I posted it here and people said looks girly. Finally I posted my 20 wk shots (again profile but full body, but definitely not potty shots which is what you need at 20 wks) and everyone said boy. A few were totally convinced they could see boy bits!! I was totally shocked as I'd thought girl. Which is stupid as I realised, all these are GUESSES and nobody actually knows! So it's my own fault for getting carried away in the first place. Anyway someone said ingender has USS techs so I posted. Eventually one of the techs replied and said there was nothing on my 20 wk scan to say either way. So now I'm back to square one. Totally team yellow. And tbh it's for the best as I was making myself miserable!!

I understand the stress over scan pics and guesses and also the hope for a girl. I want a girl. Yes I want a healthy baby first. But I have to be honest and say I want a girl. I figure I'd rather not know now. If they told me girl now I'd wish I'd waited until birth for the surprise. And if they told me boy now I'd feel disappointment. Whereas I am positive that if they tell me boy at the time of birth and hand my son to me I will feel complete adoration looking at him. So wait I will :) x

Posted on ingender and babycenter. Everyone said same thing. No chance on Earth it's a girl. I want to go crawl in a black hole and never come out!! I sound wretched but this is just awful news for me. Ugh.

Hi Hun I've read this whole thing and I agree. Someone told me to post my scan pics on ingender when I was going through similar. I did and I waited 6 days for any response! I bumped it time and time again. I didn't understand why nobody was responding!

Basically I posted my 12 wk shots on here and almost everyone said girl. Silly me took it as a given just because everyone was saying it! As I already have a boy I got a bit excited :) My husband really wants to be team yellow so I knew we wouldn't be finding out at any scan anyway. It was like my little secret lol. We had an extra scan at 16 wks because of problems with my son In my last pregnancy. The only pic I got was a profile. Again I posted it here and people said looks girly. Finally I posted my 20 wk shots (again profile but full body, but definitely not potty shots which is what you need at 20 wks) and everyone said boy. A few were totally convinced they could see boy bits!! I was totally shocked as I'd thought girl. Which is stupid as I realised, all these are GUESSES and nobody actually knows! So it's my own fault for getting carried away in the first place. Anyway someone said ingender has USS techs so I posted. Eventually one of the techs replied and said there was nothing on my 20 wk scan to say either way. So now I'm back to square one. Totally team yellow. And tbh it's for the best as I was making myself miserable!!

I understand the stress over scan pics and guesses and also the hope for a girl. I want a girl. Yes I want a healthy baby first. But I have to be honest and say I want a girl. I figure I'd rather not know now. If they told me girl now I'd wish I'd waited until birth for the surprise. And if they told me boy now I'd feel disappointment. Whereas I am positive that if they tell me boy at the time of birth and hand my son to me I will feel complete adoration looking at him. So wait I will :) x

What you just said makes so much sense! To not know would be better because how could you be disappointed when you hold the baby!! Ahhhh I wish I never had that stupid scan. I mean I got a potty shot and everyone said no chance in H E double hockey sticks its a girl!! So I pretty much would be stupid to think otherwise at this point. Your lucky that the 20 week scan showed no indication!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write all of that. I appreciate everyone who has lended an ear. Sigh. Guess I have no choice but to try to accept it .

You're welcome Hun. It's a horrible place to be. My brother has 4 girls and wanted a boy! I knew I'd be the one to have the boys! It's just so out of any control and such a big thing to deal with. Don't feel bad

By the way I'm definitely no expert but your scan isn't central on the legs is it so how can you be sure? Is the scrotum and penis the brighter bit?

You're welcome Hun. It's a horrible place to be. My brother has 4 girls and wanted a boy! I knew I'd be the one to have the boys! It's just so out of any control and such a big thing to deal with. Don't feel bad

By the way I'm definitely no expert but your scan isn't central on the legs is it so how can you be sure? Is the scrotum and penis the brighter bit?

The brighter part is the penis supposedly. The base is the scrotum so people are saying. It doesn't look at all like my two year old boys potty shot. I think because I want a girl what I see is possible girl at the bottom and there is a line like girl parts. And a protrusion which to me doesn't look turtle like. But this is what everyone is saying. Outside of a few people who view it like you do. My poor husband isn't convinced either. He keeps saying just wait until 20 week scan.

By the way your son is just adorable!!! :)

I wanted a girl too, but after seeing my little boy on the screen (especially in 3D/4D) I can't wait to meet him. I am now really looking forward to having 3 boys running the roost! :D

I wasn't going to find out but I was scared I would be disappointed when it was born I thought if its a boy I need time to prepare myself instead of hoping its a girl all along and getting pink things only to have a boy come out. I cried a lot last night :(

By the way your son is just adorable!!! :)

Aww thanks that's so sweet!

I think I can see what you mean on the picture but I'd never have been able to tell myself lol.

The brighter part is the penis supposedly. The base is the scrotum so people are saying. It doesn't look at all like my two year old boys potty shot. I think because I want a girl what I see is possible girl at the bottom and there is a line like girl parts. And a protrusion which to me doesn't look turtle like. But this is what everyone is saying. Outside of a few people who view it like you do. My poor husband isn't convinced either. He keeps saying just wait until 20 week scan.

I swear i think no sonographer would ever actually say that was a particular sex.....static images are difficult....it's all about what the sonographer has scanned and seen!!

Think yellow yellow yellow for 4 more weeks, honestly.

I'm not trying to give you false hope but you're never ever going to know for sure till 20 weeks and the next 4 weeks will completely wreck your head.

I wanted a girl too, but after seeing my little boy on the screen (especially in 3D/4D) I can't wait to meet him. I am now really looking forward to having 3 boys running the roost! :D

Hopefully I will feel the same :) thanks so much for responding. Hearing other people's feelings helps a lot!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->