This is exactly what happened to me I just had brown discharge and a bit of blood but no proper period, this went on for about 10 days and then stopped. I went to the doctor and they told me to start back on the pill and since then I have had no end of problems. After a week of taking it I started having brown discharge and then I have been on the heaviest period ever even though I am not on my pill free week.

Apparently its completely normal after having a baby but I'm starting to doubt this now as its been going on so long and its really getting me down.

I think it's safe to say that periods can be a bit mental after labour. Mine are relatively regular (despite BF) but have been hugely heavy and lasted for over a week. Sometimes they have a long tail in and sometimes they dribble on a while. Whatever else they are they are certainly unpredictable! There are so many hormones whizzing about for months, especially if you're BF, that it's likely to be a while before periods settle back.

Sorry if this is TMI but I have been having clots in my period is this normal? I've been on my period for 10 days now and its showing no signs of stopping.

Sorry if this is TMI but I have been having clots in my period is this normal? I've been on my period for 10 days now and its showing no signs of stopping.

How big are the clots? Mine are so much heavier and clotty but the clots are not massive. Did you have long periods before? Hope this doesn't offend/upset but is it possible you were pregnant? That could explain a heavier/longer period.

How big are the clots? Mine are so much heavier and clotty but the clots are not massive. Did you have long periods before? Hope this doesn't offend/upset but is it possible you were pregnant? That could explain a heavier/longer period.

Most are the size of raspberry seeds but some are a bit bigger maybe the size of a 10p coin. I'm def not pregnant, we haven't even made it to sex yet! They wouldn't let me go back on the pill until recently as I had high BP during the last 5 weeks of pregnancy, and since going back on the pill i've just had this horrible period.

okay update about my first post...

yesterday there was the tinyest amount of blood, so changed the pad thinking there would be loads to come, finally it may be a proper period, but nope :/

it went back to dark brown and now gone like a dark discharge colour, like when you finish your period! ARGH im so confused! x

Its so annoying isn't it. You'll probably find it will go to a proper period in a few days, are you on the pill by any chance? x

Most are the size of raspberry seeds but some are a bit bigger maybe the size of a 10p coin. I'm def not pregnant, we haven't even made it to sex yet! They wouldn't let me go back on the pill until recently as I had high BP during the last 5 weeks of pregnancy, and since going back on the pill i've just had this horrible period.
Ah, then the pill is doing this to you. I'd wait a while and see what happens but you might just want to change your pill.

okay update about my first post...

yesterday there was the tinyest amount of blood, so changed the pad thinking there would be loads to come, finally it may be a proper period, but nope :/

it went back to dark brown and now gone like a dark discharge colour, like when you finish your period! ARGH im so confused! x
How long since the birth? About 9 weeks? I had lochia for about 8 weeks with a week's gap in the middle, then my period a week after the lochia. Are you sure it isn't just lochia?

Oh. Hmmm... I guess I would suggest waiting a little longer to see if it settles. If it stops I'd wait and see what the next period is like but if you're still worried to go back to the docs. I think periods can just be extremely odd!

ive had this for about 2 weeks now, the stomach cramps are driving me mad

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->