17 weeks and 6 days with opening cervix ~ FINAL UPDATE PAGE 19

Dear,

Thank so much for letting us know how you are doing. You are in my thoughts and hoping, wishing and praying that everything turns out well for you and your little baby girl!!! I dearly, dearly hope so!!! I am sending you big big :hugs: and all the luck in the world!!! :flower: Keep your chin up!!! We are all with you!!! :awww:

Cloe :shipw:

Oh sweetheart I pray that baby stays happy and healthy in there for at least another 8 weeks,what a horrible situation.did they say why ur cervix has opened at all or do they not know? Xxx

Yes I have an incompetent cervix, I've never had surgery on it nor have I had a rough delivery before (this is my first :cry:).
I will need to get a stitch early on with any future pregnancies. I just don't want to have to go through this over and over again, I don't think I could handle it.
I know many people have great success stories which gave me hope but everyone is different.

Thinking of you and praying that baby manages to stay put x

aww thats sad hun, well make sure you stay in bed then, have everyone running around after you. stay strong little girl may you stay put till the time is right to say hello to the world :) does she have a name? i cant imagine what your going through, just hope for the best outcome for you both xx

will say prayers for you hun, im sure you will be strong, stay relaxed, best wishes that the rest of the pregnancy is uneventful and she stays put!! :D xxxxxxxxxxx

I understand. Life is not fair. There are so many things that will be going through your mind at the moment, but try not to think to far ahead yet. I am pregnant again and have told as few people as possible and have not bought a thing, but there is still some hope for your little girl, so try not to worry about these things yet.

As I said sweetie my mam had the same with me and I was born 10 days overdue at 9 and a half pounds! Medical care has improved ten fold over the last 24 (nearly 25) years. Miracles can happen sweetie and I will be praying for you and your little one XXX

Oh ok,my sil has an incompetant cervix which started opening at 20wks,baby stayed put until 29wks and is now a happy 13yo.I know all these stories don't help how ur feeling at the mo babe but I'm praying ur little princess clings on until it's time to be safe with her mummy xx

:hugs:

I just want you to know that I will be praying for you and your baby.
God performs miracles everyday.

Praying that baby girl stays put long enough to be safely delivered. So sorry you're going through this.

Hugs and best wishes for you and your little lady!!!

Hope your one of the miracle stories we hear about!!

I am keeping absolutely everything crossed for you that she stays put until at least 24 weeks :hugs::hugs:

I am praying for you and your little one! Please stay off your feet and pray she stays there until 24 weeks at the earliest. I wonder if putting your feet up while laying down will use gravity to your advantage. :hugs:

I'm so sorry that you are going through this, I'm thinking of you :hugs: xx

Wow, I mean, I don't really know what to say. I was pretty much in your shoes 5.5 months ago... I delivered my little girl at 23+3, due to an infection no one believed I had. And she didn't make it. The guilt hasn't left me yet, and I still wonder 'would things have been different if a Dr believed I had an infection?'. I was also feeling her move and listening to her heartbeat up until about 2 minutes before she came out... It was beyond hard hearing that and knowing she wasn't going to make it...

But here you are, and it's not over yet. Have you asked them to reverse your bed into a Trendelenberg pisition? They will make your bed so your feet are elevated above your head. It's not comfortable in the least, but it's trying to get gravity to pull your membranes back where they belong naturally. If your membranes fall back without rupturing, perhaps a cerclage will then be an option.

Drink lots of water to stave off infection and to stop your uterus from becoming irritated.

I've heard eating alot of protein has the effect of making your gestational sac stronger and harder to break, which would be beneficial. You might want to get someone to bring you Activia yogurt. I can't guarantee it, but so far eating alot of it daily has helped me stave off infections. Right now, infection is a big danger as you have lost the protection of the cervix in keeping infection out. I take antibiotics everyday to try to stop a reoccurrence of my infection, but taking antibiotics everyday usually leads to a secondary infection, usually yeast. So far, I haven't had one.

Have they got you on antibiotics preventatively?

They need to limit or stop internal exams or scans. Each one they does puts you at a greater risk of rupture or infection.

Is there another Dr there who might do the stitch on you? This one Dr declined, but if you still feel that's your best shot, get a second opinion.

I hope this has given you some ideas. Just hang in there, and keep us updated.

I'm so sorry for wht you are going through! One of the girls in 3rd tri (NikoleRae) had a stitch placed at 20 weeks and strict bed rest- she just delivered her baby boy at 29.5 weeks and he is about 3lb8oz and breathing on his own (he does have 23%oxygen but that's not bad!!) He has some issues but for the most part is doing great. I wish you much luck in your journey and much success on keeping your princess inside!

I'm praying for your little miracle!! I'm so sorry you're going through this :( xoxo I will be praying all morning!!!

Thinking of u hun and praying ur little one holds on in there xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"