17 weeks and haven't gained weight

2ducks

Reaction score
I think it is a little odd that I haven't gained any weight yet. My NM didn't say anything at my last appointment, I figured I would have gained a few pounds by now. My next appointment isn't for another three weeks. Any thoughts???

If you were very lean before pregnancy I would wonder, but if you suffered or are suffering a lot of morning sickness chances are you are losing some weight and baby is balancing out with the gain.

I'm overweight and am very conscious of my weight and haven't gained more than a couple lbs, but all is well with baby to this point.

My Ob prefers I not gain any, so by maintaining a healthy diet I am losing my weight and the baby is gaining it back, so in the end I may be lighter than I began!

If your doctor or mw is not concerned I wouldn't worry.

That's okay! I haven't gained anything either, but I have at least gained back the weight I lost during first trimester. My doctor is just happy with that. :)

I didnt gain very much until about 16 weeks but ilthe weight has gone on quite steadily ever since. I'm now 22weeks, in those 5 weeks i think ive put on more than the first 16! Baby still has at least 5-6lbs to put on yet as well as everything else, i think its quite normal for weight gain to follow an upwards curve rather than a steady line. As the pp said it depends on your pre pregnancy weight and severity of sickness as well

I'm still 7lbs down from pre pregnancy weight, due to the weight loss from sickness :-(. I'm overweight though so need to limit my weight gain!

I'm still down from my pre pregnancy weight and I'm 20 weeks now. I looked back through my pregnancy journals with my girls and I didn't start to put weight on till I was around 18-20 weeks.

Good to know! I am home sick with a stomach bug today and my NM called to check in, I asked about the weight gain and she said as long as I am eating steadily, not skipping meals and eating nourishing food she isn't worried. I'm sure I'll start to pack on some pounds soon and wonder why I was even worried in the first place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->