17 weeks with period like cramping

bicornbump

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'll be 17 weeks as of tomorrow and I'm experiencing period like cramping In my lower abdominal area. The cramping seems to be traveling to my upper thighs (specifically my left).

I'm not sure if I should be worried or if this is just my uterus expanding.

I would personally go get checked out. It could be normal, but there's no reason to not find out for sure. :hugs:

Yea, I think I'm going to go to the ER when I get out of work.
Unfortunately I'm stuck here for a few more hours :(

I'm pretty sure it's stretching, I've been getting period type pains too, into my thighs & hips aswell..think little ones having a growth spurt!! :flower:

I sure hope that's what it is!!!
I'm going to still get checked out after work to be safe. Especially since the cramping has been pretty consistent since noon. I hasn't gotten worse, but it hasn't gotten better either.

I have had this, also going into my thighs, but I can't remember when or how long for, I would still get checked if you are overly concerned. x

Better to err on the side of cuation and go get it checked out to make sure everything is okay.

I have this whenever the baby is going through a growth spurt. Hope everything is okay. :)

The baby is fine :D They said it's round ligament pains from the uterus stretching.
Even today the top of my legs ache. Baby must be growing a ton!

The only thing I'm worried about is that the baby's heartbeat was only 130. They didn't seem concerned at all and even said it was a good heartbeat...

Does that seem low to anyone else?
I know I'm a worrier....

I think 130-150 is normal ...My little ones heartbeat was 153bpm. People do say slower heart rate means boy & faster girl.
I'm definitely going through a big growth spurt at the moment too. I take paracetamol when it gets bad.

We asked about the heart rate gender thing yesterday, because the heartbeat was so low (imo). The nurse said it has nothing to do with gender, but has to do with if the baby is active or resting.

I am starting to think I'm having a boy though. However, multiple people still feel it's a girl. So who knows!

I've never heard of paracetamol. They told me to take Tylenol as needed, but the cramping has lessened today (thankfully).

We asked about the heart rate gender thing yesterday, because the heartbeat was so low (imo). The nurse said it has nothing to do with gender, but has to do with if the baby is active or resting.

I am starting to think I'm having a boy though. However, multiple people still feel it's a girl. So who knows!

I've never heard of paracetamol. They told me to take Tylenol as needed, but the cramping has lessened today (thankfully).

130 is a normal resting heart rate for baby. If it was below 110 that's cause for concern. over 170 at this stage would be concerning too.
Paracetamol is Tylenol in Europe, lol.
I hope your pains get better! Round ligaments can be an excruciating pain at times and are usually no reason for concern. I've had mine hurt so bad before it felt like I had a broken rib!!!

I'm so glad I saw this thread!

I'm 19 weeks and the past 2 weeks I have been having the same type of cramps. It's hasn't gone into my thighs but it aches in my pelvis and into my back. I am pretty sure it's round ligament pain and I also think it's my fibromyalgia acting up too. It's no fun going through these aches, but I guess we should look at it as a good thing that the baby is growing.

So happy everything is fine with you and the baby :hugs:

It's apparently common, however, no one likes to feel cramps while pregnant! Not fun!

It's definitely nice to know the baby is growing though!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->