17dpo and confused!

sjlttc

Reaction score
My username is old, I'm single now so not TTC...however, I'm obviously here because of some confusion!

I am currently not on birth control (was in between changing methods!). I was using IC ovulation tests to check fertile days and avoid sex around this, which I have obviously failed to do. Please no comments about this, I know I'm silly.

CD8 - had unprotected sex with #man1
CD11 - almost positive ovulation test
CD12 - very strong positive ovulation test in morning, had unprotected sex twice in evening with #man2
CD25 - should have been last day of my cycle and AF due the following day

So my period was due on 20th September, now 3 days late. From above I am approximately 17dpo. Tested using IC from approx 12dpo and kept getting EXTREMELY faint lines, had to squint in sunlight. On Saturday 14dpo I had a faint positive IC from evening wee which was visible but not particularly dark. Tested again 15dpo and 16dpo using FMU, again EXTREMELY faint and squint in sunlight on IC.

So...yes I'm confused. I've had 2 very early miscarriages in the past, but these were all very strong BFPs on different brands of tests from about 10dpo until the miscarriage. I am feeling queasy, back ache, sore boobs and my skin is itchy (I've randomly had this the past 2 times!).

Can anyone offer words of advice? I've bought Superdrug test today, shall I try again in evening or wait until tomorrow FMU?

I would wait and test tomorrow with FMU. If you are pg and your hcg is taking a while to get going then there is no point in testing in the evening. If you had a positive test, no matter how light, then you are pg. But the fact that you didn't get darker lines on day 15 and 16 means that your hcg may not be rising normally and the pg isn't viable. I hope you get the result you are looking for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->