18 Months+ TTC With Unexplained Infertility

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Thought id add my story here for those girls who are struggling with having test after test and getting no real reason why they havent got their :bfp:

As a teenager i suffered horrendous painful periods which i was constantly back and forth to the doctors, being prescribed all sorts of drugs to try and calm them.I was referred for numerous tests and scans ... ultrasound detected borderline PCOS but it never developed enough to be classed and PCOS. No one could find anything that would cause me to be having this much pain.

By this time now i was an adult and starting my TTC journey ... after 12 months of :bfn: I went back to the doctors and explained my situation. Given my past problems my doctor did seem to think that whatever had been causing my problem was playing a part in why i didnt fall pregnant so even more investigation was needed

I was referred for the usual early fertility tests, all came back clear. My doctor asked for a SA just to rule out the male factor as part of the process ... We had the SA done and the results got totally lost, so instead of getting them within a couple of weeks it took over a month of chasing people around ...

Then one morning on the offchance i did a HPT and it was a :bfp::bfp::bfp:

I was so so happy, that single moment made up for all of those nights i spent sobbing to myself in the bath thinking i would never be a mother and that as a woman i was a failure

We never did get those SA results back in the end but i think the :bfp: was enough to know everything his end was working ok ;)

Anywhoo thats my story, over 18 months TTC, with no explained infetility factor.

I know at times things can seem impossible but miracles do happen and im sure for those reading this your time will soon come :hugs::hugs:

hey pp, you know, i was reading one of your posts the other day, and thought to myself, im sure holly was in lttc when i joined... but never asked.

thanks for sharing, and hopefully in the near future ill be writing too xxx

I never even knew your ttc story Holly :D
Glad you got that bfp without any help :hugs:

I never even knew your ttc story Holly :D
Glad you got that bfp without any help :hugs:

You know i dont think a lot of people do since i joined pretty much at the end of my journey. I joined here in December and got my :bfp: in April.

It never even occured to me all of that time that i could find other women having problems with just the click of a mouse :blush:

thank you for sharing holly :hugs: wonderful honey, so pleased for you! can i add, if you don't mind :blush: that i saw you and ag both mention boarder line pcos - i found out the other day (when i was having a scan for mine) that pcos is diagnosed when the ovary is swollen - through all the cysts - to a certain point, so really you can have pcos without it being pcos if that makes sense - the cysts can be there, its just not pcos according to how defined by the docs - this is how i took it from the scan lady xx

thank you for sharing holly :hugs: wonderful honey, so pleased for you! can i add, if you don't mind :blush: that i saw you and ag both mention boarder line pcos - i found out the other day (when i was having a scan for mine) that pcos is diagnosed when the ovary is swollen - through all the cysts - to a certain point, so really you can have pcos without it being pcos if that makes sense - the cysts can be there, its just not pcos according to how defined by the docs - this is how i took it from the scan lady xx

See they never mentioned anything to me at or shortly after the scan, it was only when i went to my doctor after the 12 months of nothing when TTC that she actually read the report to me and they had found some small cysts but were happy that they wernt going to develop any further as to what they would class as PCOS ...

Thanks for telling me :hissy: :hissy:

See they never mentioned anything to me at or shortly after the scan, it was only when i went to my doctor after the 12 months of nothing when TTC that she actually read the report to me and they had found some small cysts but were happy that they wernt going to develop any further as to what they would class as PCOS ...

Thanks for telling me :hissy: :hissy:

bloody docs holly :hugs: they are an utter nightmare, i finally found one that is amazing and he did all my ob's care with maddi - but in over 10 years of treatment i have found only 2 good gyne's! its certainly saying something :hugs:

Mine was just done with blood tests to diagnose, because one test came up negative they never looked into it. My Laparoscopy came up clear but when having the IUIs done PCO was written in my notes.

Great to read your story.

I'm no medical expert, but have you ever considered the possibility that you may have had endometreosis when you were younger? I'm so shocked that they never looked into this and you weren't even offered a laparoscopy.

I had mild endometreoisis pror to conceiving my daughter now 3 (took us 9 months - nothing I know comapred to others). We are now on cycle 13 trying to conceive #2....I thought I would conceive straight away this time..alas no.....

X

Great to read your story.

I'm no medical expert, but have you ever considered the possibility that you may have had endometreosis when you were younger? I'm so shocked that they never looked into this and you weren't even offered a laparoscopy.

I had mild endometreoisis pror to conceiving my daughter now 3 (took us 9 months - nothing I know comapred to others). We are now on cycle 13 trying to conceive #2....I thought I would conceive straight away this time..alas no.....

X

They only offered me a lap after id been TTC 12 months + and that was scheduled for around the same time as i got my :bfp: so i never had it in the end.

I think sometimes doctors dont take you so seriously when your younger and complain of things gynae related? They just tried fobbing me of by putting me on every kind of pill under the sun which never worked and often ended up taking the pain away but making me quite poorly :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->