19/20 month age gap please tell me I will cope?!

mummytobe_93

Reaction score
So I have an 11.5 month old and have just found out that I'm pregnant. It wasn't planned and I don't know how to feel!!
I have interviews for university coming up for sept 2015 and that had been my main priority and biggest dream I've done so well to even be able to get interviews :( and it's not a course that will defer a year.
Anyway, I'm pregnant. How will I cope with a 20 month old and a new born? My baby is such a handful already running around and being mischief which I love but I always feel stressed with her!
I love the idea of a close age gap it's just scary!!
Anyone with any relevant experience please help I'm petrified!!!

I'm also worried and embarrassed about what my family will say. It will definitely be kept a secret for as long as possible x

hi! I have a 12 month (and 8 days) age gap with my first 2. Its hard in the sense that they were obviously both quite needy! But a young child will certainly have an easier time adjusting to a new baby, within a few weeks it'll like theres always been two and theres nothing like the bond between close in age siblings. You may regret not getting to go to university in the coming year, but you will never regret your baby :) I think no matter what the gap a second baby is always scary, you just worry and wonder. I'm worrying about doing bedtimes and school runs with a newborn lol

Also, people with always have an opinion, with Lexie everyone was very positive. when I announced I was pregnant again I got comments like "...again?" and "do you not have a TV?" and tbh I have remembered those comments and the people that said them. You dont need that kind of negativity! But your age gap is pretty normal for a second child. Your family will probably be most concerned with the fact you wanted to go to uni and may have to put that aside for a year, but if you are happy- they will be too, it might just come as a shock to them as it has you!

I'm expecting an unplanned 16 month age gap and now I've slowly got my head around it I to worry about other people's reactions. I always end up saying "it wasn't planned" which I instantly regret but nobody ever has said anything negative to my face. I've had a few people be sympathetic to my worries but most people don't even question it

We've just found out we're expecting our 3rd when our second is 16 weeks old! He'll just be turning 1 when I give birth all going well! This was unplanned - our first is 3... Crapping it and excited!
I agree with the other ladies - your uni days will come - if you've done so well I think it's worth having a conversation with them about your plans - you never know - they might help you
X

Thanks all for your comments and congrats pp!

Just had some blood tinged discharge so could end up miscarrying :( :(

Everything will be just fine. I currently have a almost 16 month old and she will be about 22 months old when this baby arrives. Not worried one bit. We wanted it that way. So many couples/parents out there have a small age gap of under 2 years it is what works for them. There are also people out there who wouldn't dare to dream to have kids unless they were 3-5 years apart. It all depends on your family but whatever is, is and they will work out.

Congrats.

Err, just read above post. I hope it is not a miscarriage and it's just a little bit of spotting, it can be normal. With my two 'good' pregnancies I spotted tan/brown around 6 weeks for two days. All was good with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->