19 month old naps

dreams

My beautiful baby Ffion
Reaction score
I only seem to ever start sleep threads lol.

Ffion has 1 1/2 to 2 hours in the afternoon. The last 2 days she hasn't wanted to go for her nap. I read her a story and put her down as normal but i can just hear her playing in her bedroom. I left her for half an hour both days but i didn't see the point of leaving her on her own any longer so i brought her back downstairs with me.

She does seem tired once 5pm comes though. So i wondering should i start putting her to bed earlier in the evenings now?

I'm going to keep putting her down for her nap though just incase she isn't phasing them out just wasn't tired!

Oo and did i do the right thing by bringing her back down or should i have left her for her full nap even if she wasn't sleeping?

Annie is 19 months old and she used to sleep for 1 - 1 and a half hours in the morning but has decided not to now.

Now we wake at 6 - 6.30
Have a nap starting at between 11/ 11.30 lasting half an hour.

Since she decided to make the change in her nap shes getting tired earlier and wants to go to bed at about 7.30. We let her last night and she slept through until 6.20 this morning.

I also would have brought her down if she didnt want to sleep.

DD doesn't sleep at all well at night if she sleeps more than 45 mins during the day. If I can get her to go all day without a nap I'm guaranteed a great night's sleep.

Often I just keep her going until she falls asleep in her chair watching tv in the afternoon. If this happens I only give her 20 minutes and then wake her up. It usually works well. She's practically out of day naps already :dohh:

Most days Holly only has a 45 min nap, she tends to sleep from 6:45pm to 6:45am (ish) and goes for her sleep around 1pm.

Have you tried putting her down for the nap later?

My nephew dropped daytime naps completely at 18 months (eek).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->