1dpo = 4th Oct or there abouts?

atleastthree

Reaction score
I Oed yesterday at CD16, making today my first day past O. We BDed last night, taking a break today and BDing on Sunday, just in case... Anyone else with me? When will you stop BDing?

I've come to join you :)
Oct 3rd is 1dpo for me. My last time BDing was ovulation day. I would have liked to BD today and tomorrow but it doesn't work with hubby's work schedule.

Hey there! Same here -our last BD was O day (yesterday) and my OPK was very faint today, definitely fainter than yesterday's. Hoping to BD tomorrow :) I was super irritable today, and even cried! lol How have you been feeling?

Hey there! Same here -our last BD was O day (yesterday) and my OPK was very faint today, definitely fainter than yesterday's. Hoping to BD tomorrow :) I was super irritable today, and even cried! lol How have you been feeling?

This is going to be a long 2ww.
They say go by your first positive opk. Ignore the ones after.
I feel normal. Don't even feel like I ovulated haha. Once in a while I feel ovulation so months I don't I get scared I didn't. But my temps are a bit higher so I think I did. I'm going to try not to symptom spot so I don't get excited and then it not happen like last month.

Same! Trying to keep busy. When do you plan on testing?

I'm scared to test early. Might wait till oct 19th if AF doesn't show. I might change my mind and do it earlier lol. How about you?

Mine's due 17th, so hoping I'll hold out till then! It's my 28th on the 19th so it would be the perfect b'day present... Can't stand the 2ww! Praying I keep sane lol How many cycles have you been TTC #2? Do you have a gender preference?

This is our second cycle trying. How about you?

I like the idea of another girl so they will be really close but then I also love the idea of a mommy's little boy. I can't make up my mind. I would love either haha. You?

That would be an awesome present. Last month was our wedding anniversary so I was hoping for a bfp then but it never happened. Hubby and my birthday are both in december so I need a bfp before then lol. Gives me 2 more months :p

"I like the idea of another girl so they will be really close but then I also love the idea of a mommy's little boy." is exactly how I feel. At first I was petrified at the idea of having a boy just coz it seems so much more difficult to raise them but now I'm not so scared. My mum had a dream that number 2 is also a girl and I've also kinda felt that intuitively... I guess time will show! This is also our second month trying and I'm also 27, how weird?! lol Last month I felt so pregnant until 1 day before AF showed up when I suddenly lost all my symptoms and realized that wasn't gonna be my month. This week I got some cold symptoms - both DD and H have had some kind of virus this month so I've been taking paracetamol just in case as a preventive measure coz I read somewhere that taking strong stuff like antibiotics in weeks 4, 5 and 6 can cause serious problems for a developing fetus... I know that good old paracetamol is safe but still would have wished to not have been taking anything! Are you charting your temp till AF shows? Have you thought about possible names?

Hopefully you don't get sick.

Ya for this cycle I will temp right to the end. I think I will stop after this one though. Too stressful and the opks work well for showing when I ovulate. No point in temping. It will be fun to see if my temp drops on the 18th when I expect AF. I will know whether not to waste a pregnancy test haha.

I like so many girl names and it's always changing. But I don't really like any boy names lol. I think I might be leaning toward Maya for a girl. Hubby picked our daughter's name so now it's my turn. Do you have any names yet?

I'm a bit confused about what kind of thermometer to use... can I just use any old electronic thermometer that gives dot 1 decimal place readings? I measure every morning before I do anything and expect no temp dip before AF is due? DD is called Danya, after my grandmother so if DD2 arrives we'll call her Margarita, after DH's gran. Was thinking about Simeon for a boy (DH's dad's name) but not 100% sure yet... Got the worst food craving tonight but nothing sounded good - I hate the 2ww, so many symptoms that could be just post ovulation hormones and nothing to do with a fertilised egg! Got a dull headache going on too which again could be anything. How have you been feeling? Not encouraging symptom spotting but in case you wanted to vent... :)

I'm a bit confused about what kind of thermometer to use... can I just use any old electronic thermometer that gives dot 1 decimal place readings? I measure every morning before I do anything and expect no temp dip before AF is due? DD is called Danya, after my grandmother so if DD2 arrives we'll call her Margarita, after DH's gran. Was thinking about Simeon for a boy (DH's dad's name) but not 100% sure yet... Got the worst food craving tonight but nothing sounded good - I hate the 2ww, so many symptoms that could be just post ovulation hormones and nothing to do with a fertilised egg! Got a dull headache going on too which again could be anything. How have you been feeling? Not encouraging symptom spotting but in case you wanted to vent... :)

I think it has to have 2 decimal points. I bought a new one to be on the safe side. Found a pink one meant for family planning for $20. I've seen girls use a regular digital thermometer too so I don't think it matters too much. You could always start temping now and watch for a dip around AF date. Some people have really bumpy chats though so if your temp is very jumpy it won't be accurate. No way of knowing unless you temp for a longer period.
I feel nothing. I went to bed late last night so I am exhausted today haha. Not pregnancy related though. Who am I kidding I can't resist symptom spotting. This month I know to ignore anything I thought I felt last month. Now I will know what is normal. Are you feeling anything different from last month?

I take it we're openly symptom spotting now? Lol Same as last month: exhaustion, moodiness, 'feeling fat'/bloating; different from last month: cold-like nose and chest symptoms, muscle pain, back pain, no hot flushes, more vivid dreams, intense unidentified cravings. I'm just glad I'm busier this month (I'm a private tutor and my students are back at school so my lessons have started again)! The way I'm trying to rationalise the symptoms is that they are pregnancy HORMONE-related rather than pregnancy-related, i.e. what I'm experiencing means that all the right hormones are present to make a pregnancy possible. That does not mean that fertilisation and implantation (actual pregnancy) has occured. Hoping that this way of thinking will make me feel less disappointed if AF arrives! What feels the same/different for you compared to last month? What's your coping strategy in the 2ww?

P.S. I've decided to first test 11dpo -14th Oct!

I take it we're openly symptom spotting now? Lol Same as last month: exhaustion, moodiness, 'feeling fat'/bloating; different from last month: cold-like nose and chest symptoms, muscle pain, no hot flushes, more vivid dreams, intense unidentified cravings. I'm just glad I'm busier this month (I'm a private tutor and my students are back at school so my lessons have started again)! The way I'm trying to rationalise the symptoms is that they are pregnancy HORMONE-related rather than pregnancy-related, i.e. what I'm experiencing means that all the right hormones are present to make a pregnancy possible. That does not mean that fertilisation and implantation (actual pregnancy) has occured. Hoping that this way of thinking will make me feel less disappointed if AF arrives! What feels the same/different for you compared to last month? What's your coping strategy in the 2ww?

P.S. I've decided to first test 11dpo -14th Oct!

Lol who was I kidding when I said I wouldn't symptom spot. It's impossible not to. Sadly I don't really feel anything yet. I have increased creamy cm. So maybe that counts as a symptom. i think it might be a bit more than last month.
That is a good way to rationalize our symptoms :p For all we know maybe our egg is fertilized but doesn't implant properly.
I also try to keep busy. Work is pretty slow today so I have too much free time on my hands. I spend hours on here which doesn't help the 2ww. I've started going to the gym more. Thinking maybe if I focus on that I won't have as much time to focus on pregnancy.
If I feel any more symptoms around 7-10 dpo then maybe I will decide to test early. Otherwise waiting for the 18th. And when I say any more symptoms I am looking for specific symptoms I felt with my first pregnancy. I have notes in my old phone lol. I am hoping I will have one night of insomnia and pinching feelings or sharp shooting back pain. Do you remember if you felt anything with your 2ww before pregnancy?

I was so fed up with TTC then (it took us 4 long months - I know it's nothing but it was torture for me) that I didn't care anymore, so didn't symptom spot at all before BFP. I had really strong cramping after my BFP though which freaked me out and I kept expecting AF to show but she never did. I got cold symptoms too after BFP and even though I've been taking paracetamol my current cold symptoms haven't cleared soooo hoping that's a good sign! I found out last night that one of my best friends is 6-7 weeks pregnant with number 3 so really hoping this is my month as being pregs together was always our dream! Such teenagers lol... When did you get your BFP last time? I got mine the day of AF.

That's a good sign then! I woke up from a nightmare last night and I see a common symptom 6dpo is vivid dreams. Maybe that's a symptom for me haha. It was only an hour into my sleep which was weird. Still have creamy/watery CM. You notice any?
That's awesome news! My cousin just found out she was pregnant last week but then had a chemical :( I was getting so excited that maybe I would be pregnant with her. Hopefully she gets pregnant again fast. It's nice to have someone to go through pregnancy with.
I got my bfp the day of AF too. Thought I would take a cheapie the morning of and was shocked to see I was pregnant.

Yeah, my CM is also creamy/watery but so it was last month so no real indicator for me. I just want it to be Tuesday already lol...

It's canadian thanksgiving weekend so we have monday as a holiday so no work! If I'm feeling brave enough I might test monday since I will be 11dpo. I might chicken out. But maybe.

I nearly gave in to temptation to test today (7dpo) but hubby dissuaded me. Soooo glad I didn't! Testing early reminds me of texting the boy you fancy at school even though you promised yourself never to text first again but just couldn't resist! (Came up with that while bathing DD tonight lol). I read that 11 dpo is a fairly good day to test accuracy-wise - 80% or something. How have you been? I went swimming today and tried not to worry about ruining something inside... so ridiculous! Have more creamy cm. Tired.

P.S. I've got 2 sensitive tests so using one on Sunday 9dpo and 1 Tuesday 11dpo... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->