1month old cries every night and nothing works!

ArmyWife1984

Mommy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
During the day he is happy and easy to put to sleep but starting around 9/10pm he starts to scream and cry. It can last up to 3hrs! Sometimes bouncing and shushing works but last night nothing worked!! Bouncing ad shushing made him more mad. So he just cried and cried in my arms until I tried a bottle again and that time he took it and immediately passéd out after a few sips.

I don't know what to do. I make sure he is fed, changed, burped but he will just cry and cry and cry....I started crying too:cry:

Any advice thoughts anything! Thank you!!!!!

Wish I had advice for you, but my lo is the same. Great during the day then at night becomes very unsettled and thrashing ;(. Following thread for advice. Thinking maybe gas? I just don't know.

Things that I thought of for my littler one were its dark in our room at night obviously not during the day. Really loud in the house during the day, barking dogs and crazy toddler. Got a noise maker and it seems to help now and then so don't know if it's that, what actually helps or not. But as soon as my head hits the pillow she gets going, like she feels relax and is like no way!

Google babies witching hour. It's really common! Hope it gets better soon!

It could be colic? Ivy used to cry for hours between 8 -11 and nothing helped, she eventually grew out of it though!

xx

It sounds a lot like colic to me, have you tried infacol or gripe water? Used to help my LO a lot when he suffered with colic

Thanks everyone! How long did this phase last for you guys if it is colic?

Sorry your in this misery too dragonfly :hugs: hopefully it gets better soon for us!. I see you have a toddler too!
It's tough not getting much sleep and being up with a toddler all day

Yes it is, I feel like a zombie! Hoping we both can get this figured out ;-)

Definitely sounds like colic. Agree with the others about some sort of colic remedy like infacol or gripe water, infacol takes a while to build up in baby's system tho, so not am instant help. Have you tried playing white noise? My one month old loves the sound of 'airplane cabin' on our white noise app, we have it on all night! Have you tried a dummy/pacifier. Our baby just wants to comfort suck sometimes, he doesn't have the dummy all the time, only to settle.

I tried gripe water doesn't seem to do anything...:shrug:
I do have a fan on constantly for noise but I will try the app!!!! Thanks!
I have tried a dummy and held it in his mouth ..he seemed more agitated and kept spitting it out.

Dragonfly our lo's were born on the same day too!! Lol interesting!

I was thinking of trying to put him in his carseat on the dryer... Watching him of course. I read sometimes the vibration and noise helps :shrug: I don't know I'm so desperate. Keep the ideas coming :D

My LO spits his dummy out when he's hungry and thinks were trying to trick him into taking that rather than a dummy. I sometimes dip it in a little gripe water as he likes the taste and encourages him to take him dummy when he needs to settle and nothing else works.

Armywife same day same problems, lol. I was just reading online about wonder weeks. They say week 5 is one and it is a period of fussiness that last 1-7 days so maybe that's what it is, I'm hoping.

Just read about babies witching hour ...interesting! Just like my lo

All 3 of my kids suffered through the witching hour. My youngest is 3 months and just got past it once she had a consistent bedtime at 2ish months. What always worked for me was a TIGHT swaddle and holding her in the swaddle upright rather than cradled while patting her bum. This put her to sleep in about 30 seconds, I swear! We called it the "magic of the swaddle" lol!

Armywife same day same problems, lol. I was just reading online about wonder weeks. They say week 5 is one and it is a period of fussiness that last 1-7 days so maybe that's what it is, I'm hoping.

I was going to suggest that it's the first Wonder Week - my daughter was a nightmare when she made her first leap forward at that time! Nothing would calm her down, and it was much more worse at night.

Just read about babies witching hour ...interesting! Just like my lo

To me colic isn't just a night time thing so if the issue is just in the evenings for a few hours then you can probably relate to the witching hour. What helped us a lot during that time was keeping him upright in the sling and walking outside. It made such a big difference.

obviously every baby is diff but we went through 2 weeks of evening crying (or more like inconsolable screamimg for 3 hours every evening) we tried absolutely EVERYTHING. the only thing that worked was the hoover! BUT after 2 wks of torture I realised my baba was over tired and over stimulated and just could not switch off. we brought forward bed time. some evenings it was like 6/6.30. I got baba up to bed/our room, had the evening bottle in our room, low lights, soft music (mozart baby cd) once baba was fed, changed, burped I put her in her cot b4 she got wound up and sometimes she would lie there, sometimes she would fall asleep. I would help by giving her the dummy, hold her hand. I found that if she relaxed and had a nap at that time, once she was due her next bottle she was back to her normal happy self.
I think at that time of the evening you need to do anything possible to get them to sleep if they are having trouble. I also dropped evening bath time as it would over excite her.
as I said every baby is different but some babies (mine) get so overwhelmed and can't handle toi much going on, my lo is still the same.

All 3 of my kids suffered through the witching hour. My youngest is 3 months and just got past it once she had a consistent bedtime at 2ish months. What always worked for me was a TIGHT swaddle and holding her in the swaddle upright rather than cradled while patting her bum. This put her to sleep in about 30 seconds, I swear! We called it the "magic of the swaddle" lol!

This is exactly what works for us...most nights...occasionally this doesn't.

Ya he doesn't scream during the day just at night. Witching hour seems like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->