1month old cries every night and nothing works!

my son was like this for 1 month since the day we brought him home from the hospital (he screamed from 2-7am) until i changed his bottles and it stopped! if your formula feeding i switched to playtex ventaire bottles. gas drops also really help if it is colic. try giving the gripe water before the feed around the time he starts crying, it might calm him down enough to put him to sleep during the feed. I know its frustrating and its really really hard. I cried every single night for a month straight. Some things would work one night and the next not at all. White noise and a warm bath sometimes did the trick. I also used to run the sink water and just stand in front of it with him in my arms rocking him. keeping him in an upright position over my shoulder. cycling his legs and massaging his belly with a tiny bit of pressure to get the gas moving. Just trying to make some suggestions :) i remember running around my house like a crazy person searching for the next thing i was going to try that would hopefully work! good luck :hugs:

Update well last night it started so I have him gripe water at the first sign and then downloaded a white noise app. He was so quiet with the white noise app!!! This night went soooo much better. I was still up for a few hrs because every time I set him down he woke up but he wasn't screaming like before.

See how the next few night go.

I do formula feed and use the ventaire bottles. I have tried cycling his legs...no gas comes out but he seems to enjoy it

I do formula feed and use the ventaire bottles. I have tried cycling his legs...no gas comes out but he seems to enjoy it

I've found the Nursers work well too. :) Have you tried one of the Gentle or Soothe versions of formula?

glad you had a better night!! like kitteh said we use the gerber soothe formula. switching to that formula, mixed with the bottles seemed to do the trick

Mine did this too. Infacol made me feel like I was doing something about it but really I think you just have to wait until lo gets a bit older. It will pass. I had some luck, when my dh was away, just keeping things totally quiet and calm, dark room, and staying with her in her room and on those nights she usually would stay calm and not cry, but you pretty much give up your whole evening doing this. I could never do it with dh around as he's way too loud. Also, pop her in to bed next to you until she calms, though this worked better when she was a bit older I think. Bouncing her in her chair also would work eventually. I remember this all being really tiring but hang in there it gets way better. Have you introduced a pacifier? I'd try that when she's calm and then it's something else to try in the evenings.

Thanks ladies ! I'll try the formula too!

Last night went good but his 19month old brother has an ear infection so it was really hard juggling the two between rocking and bouncing each of them :wacko:

The app seems to really be helping!!

My lo went through the witching hour too. anything from 6-10pm he just went into meltdown. We found starting a bedtime routine of bath, bottle and straight into bed helped. I cried on more than one occasion with him when he just wouldn't stop screaming. Some may frown at this but eventually I plugged in my earphones, had my ipod on full blast and lay on the bed with him. He would eventually calm down and the slightly muted screaming kept me sane!!

My lo went through the witching hour too. anything from 6-10pm he just went into meltdown. We found starting a bedtime routine of bath, bottle and straight into bed helped. I cried on more than one occasion with him when he just wouldn't stop screaming. Some may frown at this but eventually I plugged in my earphones, had my ipod on full blast and lay on the bed with him. He would eventually calm down and the slightly muted screaming kept me sane!!

i wouldn't frown upon that at all...people that don't go through it have nooo idea what its like and how hard it is!

Honestly, it kept me sane. 20mins of screaming can feel like hours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->