1st appointment in a week - meh?

mayacat

Reaction score
I'm already 8w3d. My dr booked it for after 9 weeks, I suspect because of my last pg ending at 9w (he may also be on vacation but he kind of avoided the reason for booking me later and just said "yup, 1st week in Dec.", so I suspect it's because of my history).

I don't really know what to think. I don't think he'll be looking for a hb at this stage yet. I should be excited, maybe nervous but I know by now this first appointment is basically useless other than to give me the blood paperwork and get the 1st u/s booked, which I'm more nervous for (and REALLY hoping I can get it done at 11 w-something (before x-mas :))

I more just wanted to vent a little. This will be my 3rd 8 week appointment. Anyone else feel kind of the same way? Not really worried or excited, just kind of "meh"?

I feel that way a little bit. I had my first appointment at 6w4d, but it ended up being a meeting with the nurse to go over my medical history and some blood work. I won't see the OB-GYN or get my ultrasound until Monday afternoon, when I'll already be nine weeks along. At first, I was desperate to have a scan, but I've felt so sick lately that I've started taking that as a sign things are progressing. Sometimes I'll feel really anxious or really excited about the ultrasound, but mostly I'm just sort of neutral.

I hope your first visit goes well! Fingers crossed you get a scan booked really soon and you finally get to feel more excited. The first trimester is so uncertain.

Thanks! I'm sure it will go fine. There's not much to check since I have no problems that I know of to bring up. That was the same last time too, and I mc the next week. I guess I'm a little jaded now about the 8 week appointment.

I'm pretty excited for the scan though, I need to push them to see if I can get it done before x-mas because if I hear or see a happy kid in there at 11 weeks, we're announcing christmas day :). I'm hoping it goes that way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->