1st cycle with Clomid (TTC#1)

ajoylenem

Reaction score
:winkwink:Hello! I have been TTC for 2 years. I found out November 2011 that I have endometriosis and pretty much gave up hope that I would have children after hearing horror stories from friends and coworkers in the past. Much to my surprise, in December 2011, AF didnt show up! I tested, and got a very unexpected BFP!!! Sadly, I found out recenlty I have luteal phase defect which more than likely caused my miscarriage in January 2012 :growlmad: DH and I continued to try, and in June 2012 I had a procedure to remove adhesions from the endometriosis hoping this would be the trick to finally conceive again. :nope: No luck thus far. Today is my CD 1 and I am so excited to start clomid this cycle. We will also be doing ICI with a trigger shot, so I am very anxious to see if this is a trick. Any advice or insight will be greatly appreciated! :winkwink:

Hey I am so sorry 2 hear about ur little angel!
I am unsure of the trigger shot but I have finished my 1st round of clomid. I have PCOS. Still waiting for the results but during the month I was an emotional mess. Having read what u have been through I am sure u will b strong for this medication.
Wish the the best of luck! X

thank you! each month is a mess for me. I try to be strong, and I guess I am, but MAN! How long have you been TTC?

We all have our good days and bad. I have been ttc for 18months now. I know people have been trying longer. It will happen at thw right time. But that doesn't stop me wanting it now lol

Tell me about it! It's a lot more "work" than some people know!

:winkwink:Hello! I have been TTC for 2 years. I found out November 2011 that I have endometriosis and pretty much gave up hope that I would have children after hearing horror stories from friends and coworkers in the past. Much to my surprise, in December 2011, AF didnt show up! I tested, and got a very unexpected BFP!!! Sadly, I found out recenlty I have luteal phase defect which more than likely caused my miscarriage in January 2012 :growlmad: DH and I continued to try, and in June 2012 I had a procedure to remove adhesions from the endometriosis hoping this would be the trick to finally conceive again. :nope: No luck thus far. Today is my CD 1 and I am so excited to start clomid this cycle. We will also be doing ICI with a trigger shot, so I am very anxious to see if this is a trick. Any advice or insight will be greatly appreciated! :winkwink:

how long is your luteal phase? how did you know it's defected?

Hello!
I will be starting Clomid next week if AF doesn't arrive. We have been ttc since Dec2011 but missed 2-3 cycles for work reasons. Do you ovulate regularly on your own?? All of our tests have come back normal so we just giving Clomid a try.

Hello. Yes I am sure k ovulate on my own since I can feel it and the monitor says peek n my ok get positive. My luteal is 11 days so it makes me think that's ehh I'm not pregnant yet. We have been trying for 8 months now. I go in on the 21 for the blood work to make sure I'm ovulating and my levels are all ok.

My luteal phase is anywhere from 8-11 days- normal is 10-14. I just noticed it was too short- I have been TTC for a long time so I have done the OPK's at home and more research than one probably should! I started reading about luteal phase and how it can affect pregnancy or the chance of, so I started watching mine. I then pointed it out to my dr and showed him my cycle chart and he agreed that is my issue. I ovulate as I should- he wants me to try clomid to help boost my progesterone levels as opposed to progresterone supplements... taking a more aggressive approach to it all.

My luteal phase is anywhere from 8-11 days- normal is 10-14. I just noticed it was too short- I have been TTC for a long time so I have done the OPK's at home and more research than one probably should! I started reading about luteal phase and how it can affect pregnancy or the chance of, so I started watching mine. I then pointed it out to my dr and showed him my cycle chart and he agreed that is my issue. I ovulate as I should- he wants me to try clomid to help boost my progesterone levels as opposed to progresterone supplements... taking a more aggressive approach to it all.

HI! I am on my first month as well with Clomid. I took it day 2-6 and and I am now on CD17. The first 2 weeks were hell....I was mad at everything and everyone! Just be prepared!

I have been to my Dr twice and had the progestrone test done and I am not ovulating so that is why I started clomid. I have been BBT charting and I thought I did ovulate but my LP is anywhere from 9-11 days so maybe I have the LP issue as well. ugh....sooo stressful!

Well good luck to you and lots of baby dust!!!

HI! I am on my first month as well with Clomid. I took it day 2-6 and and I am now on CD17. The first 2 weeks were hell....I was mad at everything and everyone! Just be prepared!

I have been to my Dr twice and had the progestrone test done and I am not ovulating so that is why I started clomid. I have been BBT charting and I thought I did ovulate but my LP is anywhere from 9-11 days so maybe I have the LP issue as well. ugh....sooo stressful!

Well good luck to you and lots of baby dust!!!

Totally hard...even 2 week wait is hard and I am still waiting and it is hard lol I answer will do me lol

Oh girls I dont even know how to cope with the TWW! I am only on CD4!! I am honestly hoping things like this (blogging or whatever this is called) will keep me calm! Did either of you do the trigger shot with Clomid as well as AI? That is my plan... I wonder if I can BD too with the AI...anyone know??

I'm not sure about that. I'm only doing Clomid by itself right now. I go back to Dr on Friday to see if I for sure ovulated and see what's next if I didn't. The TWW is a killer!!! Why. Any there be a test that tells us right away?!?!! Ugh..

Good luck girls!

Good luck to you too! Keep us posted! I want to know if Clomid gets you your BFP!!!

Hey adies, I am still waiting. I am about 12 days late after 1st round of clomid. I am still getting negative test but have not done one in 3 days. I phoned gyno and have an appointment next friday. Let me know how you all get on. good luck

Hey adies, I am still waiting. I am about 12 days late after 1st round of clomid. I am still getting negative test but have not done one in 3 days. I phoned gyno and have an appointment next friday. Let me know how you all get on. good luck

Good Luck Bubblz!!! Hope this is your :bfp:!!!!!

Hope so 2! I'm getting excitied but trying not 2 at same time until I def know

Hi ladies! I am currently 5DPO and in the dreaded TWW - it is the WORST! If we don't get our :bfp: next month we are starting Clomid and I think a Trigger Shot (what is that? my doctor didnt explain it too me) but I'll get more info when I go back 1st Feb. We have been ttc for 14 months now with 3 early losses (4 and 5 weeks unfortunately) so I dont know where our issue is. I have seen both my SIL's fall pregnant easily before me, so it can get so disheartening and I am finding it harder and harder to cope :( All we want is for a healthy pregnancy and baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->