1st midwife app and scans

smileycelerys

Reaction score
hi there i was wondering how far gone each of you where when you had your first midwife appointment and scans. As the doc i saw at five weeks said to book my first mid wife app at 12 weeks, and was wondering if it was ment to be sooner because then my first scan wouldn't be until 13/14 weeks.

I think that's quite normal. I'm 9 weeks now and only JUSt got referred to the midwives. I expect my booking in appointment to be at around 11weeks and my scan at 13 or so.

Think its normal, i had my booking in appointment at 6 weeks and then my scan at 12 weeks. but scans can be anytime between 12 and 14...i know its hard waiting but its worth the wait because they are much bigger and clearer on the screen XXXX

I booked myself into see the MW at 5 weeks and then i had scan at 12 weeks. I thought i was a little eager booking myself in at five weeks but she said better to get the ball rolling.

I think it's pretty normal to go in at 12 weeks or more, as there really isn't much that can be done in the early weeks of pregnancy. I had my first OB appointment at 13 weeks, and they sent me for a dating scan the same day.

I didn't find out I was pregnant until i was about 22 weeks..

Had my first proper midwife appointment today, and have a scan 5th June. Can't wait to finally see my baby.. :happydance:

x

i was 13 weeks on my first scan!!! But had blood tests etc at MW's before that!!

The local midwife here doesn't want to see you unless your 12 weeks (!) so it's been a long wait for me! Think it depends on where you live1 x

I had my first doctors appointment at like 8 weeks. Then my ultrasound was 10+5. Probably everywhere does it a little different.

thanks for all the replys. will probs books my mid wife app for 11/12 weeks then. oxoxox

I saw GP at 7 weeks to sign in and had a 9 week scan (due to medication I'm on) and then everything after that was normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->