• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

1st month TTC after a miscarriage

caz_hills

Reaction score
So I'm new to this part of BnB after losing our 2nd baby through miscarriage at 13 weeks in late September. :cry: We have a DS already who is 3.5.

We have now completed our first month's TTC after our loss and I'm in the TWW now.

Anyone else in this position?

I hope all the ladies in here are ok - having a miscarriage or loss is really tough and I have so much respect for you all moving on and dealing with what has happened. It's not easy but BnB has certainly helped me I know that for sure! :hug:

x

I'm sorry for your loss!

I'm in pretty much the same boat, except we are TTC #1. I just had another mc (chemical) earlier this month, had a reasonably normal cycle otherwise (ovulated a smidge early, actually), and am in the TWW.

Hi caz_hills, I remember you from the miscarriage boards. Hope you're doing better emotionally.

I had a D&C in late October and waited till December to try but didn't ovulate that month, this month I did get a positive OPK but AF just started so I'm on to my 3rd cycle TTC since the miscarriage.

Good luck, I hope you'll be getting your sticky BFP very soon!

Dill, good luck to you too.

I am so sorry for your loss. I just lost my baby at 14 weeks on New Years Eve. It was our first pregnancy. We won't be able to start trying until after I get my period. I can only imagine what the TWW's will feel like when we start trying again.

Thanks ladies. It's so daunting trying again as I fear I'll miscarry again but am keeping my fingers crossed. Hugs to you all x

I'm also terrified (and actually half-convinced) I'll miscarry again next time, but I suppose right now the urge to have a baby outweighs the fear. I'm sure I'll be stressing the whole 40 weeks if I do get pregnant though.

Good luck to all of you, hope we'll be holding our rainbow babies by the end of the year / beginning of 2016 :dust:

Hi ladies. Just had a miscarriage at 12 weeks...today in fact. I hope to start TTC as soon as I get the all clear. Gosh this is really hard.

Hi ladies. I just popped onto this board as I'd like to start ttc again though my d&c (erpc) was only on thurs 22nd.
The nurse told me to wait one cycle. I'm itching to get started. I hope I don't have to wait too long for af. Today I ordered online lots of opks (I have a long cycle with varying ovulation times so i need lots) and some pregnancy tests so I can make sure I get a bfn after this mmc.

Good luck girls, I'm due this week so hoping this firts cycle could be a lucky one for us. Hate all this TTC again but wishing you all lots of luck xx

I wish this show would get on the road. I keep telling my body that its burning daylight with all this bleeding. I wanted lots of children but I feel like I'm running out of time. Get your crap together body and let's make this happen!

tankel, same here, each month with a BFN feels like a waste of time, another month lost.

Spudtastic, hope AF will turn up quickly so you can start TTC again. Mine came 5 weeks after the ERPC.

caz_hills, keep us updated, fingers crossed for you!

I am also on my first month of TTC after a D&C in December. I forgot how hard it is to live life in two week cycles.... count down to O, count down to af repeat...
I'm very sorry for everybody's losses.

Fleur - thanks. I hope af shows up quickly too. I was irregular in my youth but after I stopped bc I get 35 day cycles.
I've already planned my march pregnancy. I know I'm setting myself up but at the moment it's what is getting me through this. I wish I just had my erpc when I found out at the 12 week scan rather than waiting 7 weeks to miscarry naturally.

Hi everyone,

I had a MMC in December found out just before my 12 week scan. I had a d&c on Dec 23rd and I'm still waiting for AF to show up so we can start TTC properly again. I'm sorry for everyone's losses it's a tough thing to go through but fx everyone will have their rainbow babies soon. Good luck to everyone in the tww I hope you get your BFPs xxxxx

Dill, you're right, SweetV has summed it up perfectly! The week between AF and "trying", and the 2nd week of the 2WW are the worst for me.

Spudtastic, I understand, 7 weeks is a very long wait... Looking forward to the next pregnancy is also what gets me through. My cycles used to be 27-31 days before the miscarriage. After that they've been 33 - 32 - 30 days, so almost back to normal already. Apparently some women are highly fertile after a loss, I hope you'll get your March BFP :hugs:

neo, sorry about your loss, good luck to you too.

I'm going with the mindset of being highly fertile. Ovaries, go on and rain down some eggs for my first cycle post miscarriage, I won't mind. FX for all of you who are able to start trying. :dust:

I m still waiting for my first period after my miscarriage on New Years Eve. I have no idea if I even ovulated this cycle. Just today I was feeling a little bloat and acid in my tummy. The last time I felt this way was when I didn't know I was pregnant. I actually thought I had an ulcer but it turned out to be a baby. So now this symptom has me on edge. I'm pretty sure I am not pregnant as we haven't been trying and I would assume it would be too early for symptoms anyway. Alas it's all I can think about today.

Hi ladies. I'd love to join in the wait.
I had a MMC on 12/30. Finally passed everything on 1/2. Bled for 2 weeks then at 3 weeks post I got a negative hpt.
So I'm now 4 weeks post loss and I think I'm Oing today based on ewcm and cervix.
I'd love to chart but my work schedule is all over the place.
Hubby and I got busy last night and we're going again tonight.
It's all just so frustrating because I feel like I don't know my body anymore. I used to have 30 day cycles and knew exactly when O time was. Now I'm guessing at everything,
It was devastating to lose the baby and it just seems cruel that we have to wait and guess and hope all over again.
I'll be praying for all of our rainbows!

Hi ladies! Good luck to you all ttc this cycle! I hope theres some bfp's in here soon!

I'm hoping, in the very least, to ntnp this cycle. I'm in the middle of AF right now so will likely ovulate in approx 2 weeks. It might take some convincing for my DH to not prevent this month.

neo - my d&c was also on Dec 23. I started AF on Tuesday this week (two days ago). I'm so sorry for your loss and hope AF arrives soon so you can start ttc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->