1st period 5 weeks PP ?? Possible ?

bettybee1

Reaction score
Is it possible too get period back 5 weeks after giving birth !! ?

It was 8 weeks with my dd ?

I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago but didn't get any responses. My post partum bleeding stopped at 4 weeks completely and returned a day before I reached 6 weeks, I asked the doctor at my six week check and she said it was probably a period. That's what I thought anyway because I had all the usual symptoms such as headache, lower back pain and cramp. Do you have any of your usual symptoms of a period? It probably is that anyway, especially if your post partum bleeding stopped for a good while before you bled again. Keep an eye on the bleeding, if it tails off it's probably a period. It is possible though according to my doc anyway. It came as a shock to me because mine never returned with my first until she was six months and this time six weeks, I suppose every post partum recovery is different xx

I was told by several nurses that your period can return as early as 6 weeks pp, especially if you aren't BF. Five weeks is pretty close, so I'd say it's your period. Sorry. Tough to say though, because we are all different. I couldn't bf last time and my period didn't return until 4 months pp! (Dr. thought something might be wrong!)

My period was back 6 weeks pp

Thanks ladies !

Had to spend last night on labor & d to monitor bleeding as it was very heavy clots etc been put on antibiotics too rule out any infection and have a scan booked tmro too Makesure nothing else is wrong ! There been catious as I had a major haemorrhage after giving birth this time ! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->