1st period after baby. How was yours?

anna1986

mummy of 2
Reaction score
I bled for 5 weeks after havin my baby boy. Now nearly 2 weeks ago i started my period n its still here :( its been pretty heavy but i though it was easing up but its started again. Dont get me wrong its not fillng a pad every hour or so its just like a medium flow period.
Anyways how long did yours last? Am worried something might be wrong with me :(

I bled for 6 weeks after Millie was born and she was 3 months when I got my first period. It was fairly heavy, quite crampy and lasted a week.

I now have my second period (and now have an IUD fitted). Its not crampy, is REALLY heavy, been going 8 days and not showing any sign of letting up. If I get to 3 weeks will go to the Dr's but at the moment I kinda figure my body's still sorting through hormones?

oops! Wife and husband both have accounts here, and the wrong one was logged in. lol. Deleted post as to not embarrass my hubby

Awful! Much heavier and about 3 days longer :(. But, it improved by the 3rd one and although it's still heavier than pre baby, it's more manageable and less painful 3 months on.

I had terrible blood clots after baby was born and for my first 2 periods which went from a medium-heavy flow to soaking a pad in 30secs (literally :blush: - that's really fun when you're out shopping :haha: ) Have you just started on a birth control pill as this was apparently the reason for my issues?

I got mine 10 months pp, and they are the same they have always been.

Got my first one now - LO is 7 months. It's not horrific but much worse than I'm used to - always had v regular, light periods, 3/4 days max. This one is heavy, crampy, and has been going 5 days and no signs of letting up yet.

I bled for 6 weeks, started the mini pill (cerazette) and bled for 3 weeks (gap between bleeding) now got Nexplanon and no bleeds after initial 3 weeks on cerazette so guess I've not had a proper period?

Bled for 7 weeks and period returned proper when LO was 4 months. It's the same as it was before. But I have heard the first one pp can be super heavy.

Mine was at 8 months PP and lasted about 10 days, it was really heavy and just horrible!

Pardon the pun but bloody awful! They've always been bad but my Dr always said they'd get better after my first baby....he lied!! Little fecker lol

lol thanks all

ive just been to the toilet n passes quite a big blood clot :s am now panicing thinking theres stuff inside me still from when I gave birth? the blood clot looked like tissue of some kind.

My first period was horrific. I had no period cramps and woke up in the morning to a blood soaked bed. The sheets and mattress was soaked in blood. I went into the shower and noticed the blood was virtually pouring out of me. I passed several large clots. I was soaking a tampon and pad every 30 minutes and when I sat on the toilet it would pour out of me. Blood was all over the floor, my legs, and pants. I called my OBGYN and went in to be seen. He did a pelvic exam and pap and came to the conclusion my hormones were off balance? I was given birth control to help ease my periods. I am against birth control so opted out of taking it. Since then I have only had 2 other periods in 7 months but neither of them were nearly as heavy.

lol thanks all

ive just been to the toilet n passes quite a big blood clot :s am now panicing thinking theres stuff inside me still from when I gave birth? the blood clot looked like tissue of some kind.

That's normal. The clots will stop after either this period or your next one. I was told as long as they aren't the size of dinner plates they're ok lol :/

lol thanks all

That's normal. The clots will stop after either this period or your next one. I was told as long as they aren't the size of dinner plates they're ok lol :/

I hope you're joking...??

Mine came at almost 3 months postpartum exactly. It was about the same amount and time as my period pre-pregnancy but I passed what I think was a clot. Was a bit scared at the time but everything seems fine now.

lol thanks all

I hope you're joking...??

Mine came at almost 3 months postpartum exactly. It was about the same amount and time as my period pre-pregnancy but I passed what I think was a clot. Was a bit scared at the time but everything seems fine now.

Nope! I was worried about my clots as I'd had loads and that's what I was told! X

Three days ago i had blood in my discharge so i thought my periods was about to start then 2 days ago they came really heavily soaking a pad within 20 mins when im walking about. i went through 9 pads yesterday and 3 so far today, however today its like water spilling out soaked through my last pad underwear and a pair of jammies. I am also passing lots of bloods clots.cramping is unbelievably painful. xx

Three days ago i had blood in my discharge so i thought my periods was about to start then 2 days ago they came really heavily soaking a pad within 20 mins when im walking about. i went through 9 pads yesterday and 3 so far today, however today its like water spilling out soaked through my last pad underwear and a pair of jammies. I am also passing lots of bloods clots.cramping is unbelievably painful. xx

Awful isn't it. I'm on my 9th since Rory was born and this ones been horrible! Very heavy. Very crampy and when I'm stood up for too long I actually ache down there! Its horrible :(

Awful isn't it. I'm on my 9th since Rory was born and this ones been horrible! Very heavy. Very crampy and when I'm stood up for too long I actually ache down there! Its horrible :(

Im currently sitting on a towel only time im actually able to get up and move is to go change my pad :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->