1st PG Early MC @ 5wks - Now 2 mo later could be PG again - I'm worried!

futurephotos

#2 is baking!
Reaction score
I've had a couple of faint positives on hpts, so I'm going to tentatively say that I'm pg. again 2 mo after my first early MC. I'm worried because the line hasn't gotten darker even tough it's been 5 days since the first test. IF I really am pg I'm scared of loosing it again.

I had a positive on April 16th (day 33 in my cycle - which is 5 days later than my usual 28). A few days later I started bleeding lightly and it was dark brown. I went in to the Dr. for HCG tests and the numbers were low and not raising. The blood turned bright red the day after Easter and I bled until Mother's day.

We waited 1 month as recommended before trying again. My LMP (1st after MC) was on May 30th. So I'm on the 29th day of my cycle today (June 27th).

I got my first positive test on the 22nd and another this morning. So I'm right at the 4 wk mark now. I don't think that I'll feel better until I get past the 5-6 week mark without seeing any blood.

I know that there isn't anything I can do to prevent a MC if it is going to happen again. Is there anything that can make me worry less though? Did anyone else have a MC then a successful pg right after? I don't think that I could go through that a second time in a row so soon. We want this baby so badly - it will be our first.

I'd really appreciate any encouragement that anyone can give who has been in a similar experience. How did/do you get over all the anxiety when you know what bad things can happen?

Please pray that this one will stay with us!
Thanks!

There is another thread about this somewhere around here. There have been many women that got a BFP straight away after a MC no AF in between and went on to have healthy pregnancies. How about calling the MD and getting betas and progesterone levels done. some people do not get dark positives until they are 2 weeks late.with the recent MC, I would call the MD and get in to be checked. Fingers X for you.

Thanks Sammy.
I'm glad that with 28 views at least 1 person responded.
I called the Clinic and they said not to worry unless I start bleeding again, then I should come in. If there isn't any bleeding then I'm in good shape and can trust the accuracy of the test. Here they don't schedule the first prenatal visit until 10 weeks. That will be a long wait for me!!!

Hiya hun, just wanted to give you some words of reassurance. I have recently suffered my 3rd mc and am ttc again. I had my first mc in 2002 and 2nd in 2007 and within 3 months of each of these I was pregnant again and went on to have successful pregnancies. Fingers crossed for you hun x

It depends on what caused the miscarriage to begin with. If you had a blighted ovum, it's 99.9% likely it will never happen again. If you have any other medical issue that caused it, it is totally possible it could happen again at any stage of the pregnancy. I have to wait one more month before I can try again, and I will be just as worried as you when I test positive, and I had a blighted ovum. Good luck!

Thanks Sammy.
I'm glad that with 28 views at least 1 person responded.
I called the Clinic and they said not to worry unless I start bleeding again, then I should come in. If there isn't any bleeding then I'm in good shape and can trust the accuracy of the test. Here they don't schedule the first prenatal visit until 10 weeks. That will be a long wait for me!!!

I think if you've had a miscarriage before, they should give you an immediate scan when you learn you are pregnant again. I almost died during my miscarriage and I would like to know well ahead of time if I'm going to miscarry again so I can have it managed.

I also got pregnant right after a m/c with no period in between. It is also our first child.

So far this pregnancy is going well--I have made it past the point that I lost the other one (which brought down my stress a little). I still worry I will see blood every time I use the washroom, but mostly I am trying not to think about it too much.

I gave myself the pep-talk that there is nothing I can do that I'm not already doing (like eating healthy, excercising, not smoking/drinking, etc.) to prevent another miscarriage. Its hard not to constantly worry once you've had a miscarriage, but try not to let it take away from your pregnancy.

Good luck!

Kat 541: Sorry to hear about your losses, but I'm glad for the ones that stuck! Mine was what they called "chemical" they said that nothing developed much past the implantation stage. They said there must have been an abnormality in the chromosomes. I was told my risks aren't any higher if I got preg. again. It's so hard not to think about the first time though and be scared it could happen this time too. Thanks for sharing your story with me.

PugLuvAh: I'm really happy for you - it makes me feel good to know things are going well for you so far. You're absolutely right - there isn't anything that I can do if it is going to happen again. I've been acting pregnant since we started ttc - eating right, exercising, being as healthy as I can. I've never smoked and I only drank when I got my period and for a few days after, so I'm already trained to cut out the alcohol completely. Thanks for writing me. Is it ok if I add you to my friend list. It seems we're roughly at the same stages. Good luck to you!

HI futurephotos. I am in a similar position so glad you asked the question. I had an early mc in February and have had faint BFPs since Saturday. Af is due on Friday. I can't bring myself to admit I am pregnant yet as I am really scared.

x

Hi Shinona! I'm cautiously excited for you :) Everyone has been congratulating me here and it feels really good, but I too haven't really admitted it to myself yet either. Part of me wants to scream it from the roof tops and the other part says I better wait a few more weeks just to be sure. AF was due on Sunday, so I'm only 2 days late. The last time my bleeding started on day 35 (I'd tested and found out I was pg on day 33). So, for this one I'm on day 30 now. I need theses next 5 days to go by quickly so that I'll worry less and start enjoying this! I bet that you're anxious for Friday to come and go with no AF!! Keep me posted on how you're doing :)

Thanks and same for you. Let me know how you're getting on too.

x

Future photo's I feel your stress. I miscarried at 11 weeks back in April. I found out I was pregnant yesterday with a very faint line. I have been to the doctors today and they have taken some bloods to confirm it. If it comes back positive they are going to take more bloods to check the levels going up.

I could not wait so I have tried a clear blue digital kit tonight and it came back pregnant 1-2 weeks so looks like I am. I still worried though as I had a missed miscarriage before and had to have a D&C.

Any tips for stopping worrying I welcome too.

Good luck hun.

x

Hi Lishmin. Thanks for sharing - I'll be sending good vibes your way!! I'm honestly too nervous to request that the Dr. do a blood test for the HCG because I think knowing the level would just stress me out more. When I had it done with the first pg at around 5 wks they told me it was too low. I don't think I can handle hearing that again - especially since I have one more week to go before I reach 5wks. I'd rather wait until I start bleeding before I'd get checked. Hopefully I won't need to be until it is time. They said the soonest I should come in if there aren't any problems is around 8 wks. By then the chance of MC will be down dramatically. These next few weeks are going to be really nerve racking for me. I'm having a hard time getting my mind off of it - it seems like I can't think about anything else. I've been on this forum all day long (so much for getting any work done...)

I see your thinking, I am driving myself mad either way. I am now looking up relaxation techniques to try and calm me down ha ha! It is going to be a long road to 12 weeks. Hopefully we will both get what we want this time and are able to change to the first/second trimester forum :)

xx

No sign of any problems yet! I'm starting to feel a little more optimistic, even excited. The twinges and feeling of heaviness in my uterous have been continuing, but I'm hopeful that it is a good sign - I've read that the pulling sensation is normal. I'm really bad at keeping secrets - so I'm struggling with not letting the news burst out. Right now only you ladies and my DH & I know.

futurephotos - im praying for you here!
I had my chemical on May 26th and i remember you consoling me then, im so over the top happy for you that you got your bfp, i understand that you are being cautious, and you will accept it when you are ready, i can understand that its scary, but you just have to remain as positive as you can, and like you said, you are eating right and everything, so just relax and enjoy :) I am hoping that this month could be my month! I havent o'd yet, and my last cycle was annov, so pray for me too!

Thanks Kgriffin! I'll be praying for you too! That stinks that your last month you didn't O. I'm sure the next time you will and your body will be ready again!

Hi futurephotos and lishmin, sounds like we're all in a similar situation. I'm just trying to keep busy and not think about it too much - easier said than done though
Af due tomorrow so fingers still crossed. Have had a positive hpt each morning this week and digi said 1-2 weeks yesterday. Lines look like they're getting darker. I have one more digi so I'm keeping it til next weekend and hopefully it will say 3+ by then.
xx

Hi Shinona,

I am in the same situation as you guessed. I had bloods taken yesterday which only came back at 29 :(
I have had more bloods taken today but got mild cramps and saw one tiny spot earlier, no more now though. I really hope I do not MC again.

I am hoping I have a gurdian angel somewhere to look after this one. :angel:

Its really good to talk to people who are in the same situation.

:hugs::hugs2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->