1st Visit/Scan This Morning - UPDATE

CrystalJMM

Reaction score
...and I am SO nervous! My doctor will be doing blood work and an ultrasound today. I am 6 weeks on the nose so I am very nervous I won't get to see/hear a heartbeat today. I know that's very common but the stress of not knowing for the next several weeks is going to be tough to bear.

I have my sons 1st birthday party next weekend and we move the week after that....so much going on...it would be so lovely to know that heartbeat is there today.

Everyone please keep me in your thoughts today. My appointment is at 9:40 CDT so I'll update when I can. :)

Thanks in advance! <3

All the best!!!

Sending some prayers your way :flower:

Sending best of luck your way that you'll be able to see the heartbeat today. I know all these milestones have us so anxious during the pregnancy journey :)

Thanks for the well wishes.

Unfortunately we didn't get to see the heartbeat. She said I'm measuring at 5+3 (supposed to be 6 weeks today) and that there is a gestational sack and fetal pole so everything looks good just too early for a heartbeat.

So now I wait for the next 2 weeks hoping and praying everything is actually okay in there.

I wish they would have let me wait. I didn't want a scan this early for this very reason.

Now I'm hoping for that dreaded morning sickness so I feel more secure. :dohh:

Hi Crystal, sorry they couldn't get the heartbeat today..
Not sure if you seen my thread, I had a scan at 6+5 and there was no heartbeat and had to wait 9 days and went back today at 8 weeks and there was a heartbeat and baby he caught up and was measuring spot on for date so try not to worry :hugs:

Sounds like everything's ok. A scan can be out a few days -/+ and the heart beat can take another week or so to be seen.

I went in at 5+4 and no heartbeat either doctor said based on my us he'd expect we'd be able to see one the following week but asked me to wait 2 weeks instead. Just like you I wish I didn't have to wait 2 weeks but here I am counting down the seconds til the 24th lol.

Hi Crystal, sorry they couldn't get the heartbeat today..
Not sure if you seen my thread, I had a scan at 6+5 and there was no heartbeat and had to wait 9 days and went back today at 8 weeks and there was a heartbeat and baby he caught up and was measuring spot on for date so try not to worry :hugs:

I have been following your story! I'm so glad you were able to see your little ones heartbeat. I will try my best not to worry over the next two weeks. I have a lot going on so hopefully I will be too busy to worry.

Yeah, right. lol

Thanks for the kind words. :)

I went in at 5+4 and no heartbeat either doctor said based on my us he'd expect we'd be able to see one the following week but asked me to wait 2 weeks instead. Just like you I wish I didn't have to wait 2 weeks but here I am counting down the seconds til the 24th lol.

We are pretty close! Mine will be the 27th. :)

I hope you get to see that little heartbeat on the 24th and don't stress too much until then! <3

You are off to a great start with what you saw. BUT I so agree with you. I think these scans prior to 7 weeks are an absolute waste of time and honestly don't know what in the world they resolve except to rule out an ectopic.

Most of the time a heart beat isn't seen and women almost always have to come back in two and are left miserable, nervous, panicky and stressed out. The ultrasound doesn't do a thing as far as accurate dating, proving a viable pregnancy etc. Most women go on to see a lovely heartbeat in two and for those sadly who do not it doesn't do them any favors either.

If I become pregnant again I will refuse an early ultrasound. Even if a women is bleeding the ultrasound doesn't mean anything. It won't prevent the outcome and it just creates such stress for women.

Anyway I completely understand the nasty two week wait but a fetal pole in a healthy sack at your stage is a very good thing to see!!!

You are off to a great start with what you saw. BUT I so agree with you. I think these scans prior to 7 weeks are an absolute waste of time and honestly don't know what in the world they resolve except to rule out an ectopic.

Most of the time a heart beat isn't seen and women almost always have to come back in two and are left miserable, nervous, panicky and stressed out. The ultrasound doesn't do a thing as far as accurate dating, proving a viable pregnancy etc. Most women go on to see a lovely heartbeat in two and for those sadly who do not it doesn't do them any favors either.

If I become pregnant again I will refuse an early ultrasound. Even if a women is bleeding the ultrasound doesn't mean anything. It won't prevent the outcome and it just creates such stress for women.

Anyway I completely understand the nasty two week wait but a fetal pole in a healthy sack at your stage is a very good thing to see!!!

Thank you! It really is frustrating. With my son (who will be a year old in a few weeks) she wouldn't do a first scan until 8 weeks. I don't know why she changed her protocol but I wish she hadn't.

I almost canceled the appointment all together but the tiny bit of hope that I might see a heartbeat won me over. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->