1st wedding anniversary present ideas for hubby

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
It's coming up to our first wedding anniversary, and I have no clue what to buy my husband for it? What sort if things do people usually buy?
Any ideas?

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/gifts/shop-by-occasion/anniversary A few ideas on there depending on budget. But you can always find them cheaper :) I like the jigsaw piece keyring idea.

Orrr... Create something which you can add one thing on each anniversary which was a big project or achievement for you both? A little something like you would do a charm bracelet. Maybe photos on a string pegged on.

If you wanted to follow the traditional anniversary themes, then the first one would be paper. We've done this and for the first one DH got me tickets to see Madonna and for him I got all the photos from our disposable cameras from the wedding developed (I know it's really slack not to have done it earlier) and made an album from the best ones in the order of the day and wrote captions on them.

It's our seventh anniversary tomorrow and this year's theme is copper, which we've both been a bit stuck for ideas with, so we've decided to get something together for the house or garden and will go shopping for it today��

I think that the first wedding anniversary gift is traditionally either paper or cotton so maybe something like a framed print of a favorite photograph or something like that?

Traditionally the first anniversary is paper, and I used this as inspiration for my present to my husband on our first anniversary.

I wrote down reasons I love being married to him, each reason on a separate small piece of paper. I then rolled them up into little scrolls and put them in a small box. I decorated the box with some leftover ribbon from our wedding (I surprised him on the day by having tartan ribbon in my bouquet and all the buttonholes that matched his kilt). And I also used some of the paper flowers leftover from invites for the lid. He really liked it and still has it.

He made me a puzzle book - it had Google earth images of places we've been and I had to guess where they were.

Sounds romantic until you realise nature and coincidence topped it all with something better - we got a BFP for our first baby on our first anniversary! That one's slightly harder to do intentionally.....

If you're looking to create something this is something I did for my husband as a Christmas gift a couple years ago:

https://www.instructables.com/id/52-Things-I-Love-About-You-Card/

I wish I could still do that for our 1st wedding anniversary, as that is coming up in November. He absolutely loved it!

Traditionally the first anniversary is paper, and I used this as inspiration for my present to my husband on our first anniversary.

I wrote down reasons I love being married to him, each reason on a separate small piece of paper. I then rolled them up into little scrolls and put them in a small box. I decorated the box with some leftover ribbon from our wedding (I surprised him on the day by having tartan ribbon in my bouquet and all the buttonholes that matched his kilt). And I also used some of the paper flowers leftover from invites for the lid. He really liked it and still has it.

He made me a puzzle book - it had Google earth images of places we've been and I had to guess where they were.

Sounds romantic until you realise nature and coincidence topped it all with something better - we got a BFP for our first baby on our first anniversary! That one's slightly harder to do intentionally.....

I literally just went "oh aawww" really loudly. That is so cute!
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

We had the lyrics to our first dance printed and framed for our first anniversary xx

i made a scrapbook with differernt pages like how we met -first date-first holiday-things i loved about him Our first dd being born then i left a to be continued page as i plan to update it in a few years as a another anniversary gift x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->