2 Failed FET - what next?

Reaction score
What should I expect next?
My LH surge seems to be very week, but shows it happens.
My body just does not seem to know what to do with the embryos.
They want me to have dilation of the cervix and a hysteroscopy - I do not wish to have more GA procedures so I am going to say no.

Our first FET was horrible, they tried to attach a cap to the cervix to open it up and they also injected local anesthetic and adrenaline. That cycle failed.
The second one there were no injections, and they used a different cath that allowed them to get in easier than the last time. Procedure was done in 20 minutes.

I'm at a loss as what to do next.

Im sorry sweetie. Extending u big hugs. I have had two failed ivf tries right before I was supposed to go in for it. So I know your total frustration

I would get the dilation and hysteroscopy. I had mine with no meds. They will do a local block and sedation not ga for it. There is correlation between difficulty of transfer and success rates.

Hi, i would get hysteroscopy done. I just had mine at my RE's clinic with no meds or sedation. It was painless and i watched the whole thing on a monitor, lasted about 4 minutes. My RE recommends doing this before a transfer so see if there are any polyps, adhesions or scar tissue. :hugs:

I'm doing a third -no injections- FET next week. I've been told most people get pregnant within three cycles, and they would do more testing after a third FET failure. Although honestly it's hard to stay positive either way, after two failed FET cycles.

I failed the 3rd and the clinic only changed putting me onto estrodiol tabs some time around fet.

This is my 4th fet cycle in pending and my lh surge is struggling :/

I had a D&C and polypectomy with my hysteroscopy. Even with those two procedures stacked on top of the hysteroscopy I was still given the choice of a pain block and be aware or GA. So you totally dont have to have GA for one.:thumbup:

The hysteroscopy found three additional polyps that weren't visible on my ultrasound, HSG or in my laparoscopy. There is a sense of relief now knowing for sure my uterus will be receptive. I would say check out the anesthesia options. Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->