2 months feeding every 4 hours

firsttime83

Reaction score
Is this not enough? I sometimes even have to wake her during the day to have her eat after 4 hours.

I have no issues with weight gain. She was 8lb 4 ounces at birth and close to 12lbs at her appointment 2 weeks ago (in the 80th percentile).

I like to feed on demand, but after a certain amount of time I do start to worry and get antsy.

Thats perfectly fine! My son was two.months old yesterday and can go like...five hours at night without a feed sometimes (not always though), and is usually about 3-4 during the day

My health visitor said as long as they regain their birth weight and continue to put on weight u should NEVER wake a sleeping baby- this is when their growing takes place. (Although she did say she would wake them if went more than 5 hours)

At that age, I wouldn't worry and would just let her sleep if she's having plenty of wet and dirty nappies, growing well and happy. For the first few weeks, I would wake a baby after 4 hours, maybe 2-3 hours for a jaundiced baby, but after that just enjoy it.

You should not wake a sleeping baby. It’s true their growing takes place this time. I have experienced with my two sons when they were hungry they would wake up and cry and after I feed them they would sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->