2 year old always wants to go home!

Fredapain

Reaction score
I'm really struggling at the moment with my DD. She'll be 2.5 this month and up until a few weeks ago we enjoyed our weekly activities together. We do a rhyme time session, playgroup and storytime at the library.

It started with her not being keen on going to rhyme time and asking to go home early and now she's not even willing to enter the building without a paddy. This progressed to playgroup where see seemingly has fun but then asks to go home and has a full meltdown if I try and persuade otherwise. And finally shes now done it at storytime.

Any ideas on this? My little boy had a short phase of wanting to go home but could be persuaded to stay till the end of things etc. DD won't even enter buildings!

She goes to crèche for two hours a week without me and yes gets upset when I leave, but all the other activities we do I'm there with her, we do together.

Just don't know what to do and she seems so unhappy unless we're at home. Even then she sometimes asks to go home!

Think I'd start with offering to go to rhyme time and if she says no then not go and encourage to playgroup still but each session I'd continue to ask and if no just say ok and do something else. LO will either continue not wanting to go or miss it?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->