20 and pregnant...what now?

wildflowers

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am 20 years old, about to turn 21.
I just found out I am pregnant.
This is a shock as it definitely was not planned...but now I am faced with a difficult decision.
I work full-time, I have my license and I am with the father.
He says he supports me no matter what..but I don't know if I am ready.
Any advice from any mothers appreciated.

Thankyou

I think ultimately Hun it's a decision only you can make. I was 18 when I had my son. Found out I was pregnant after being told I couldn't have children. Like you I had a good job, although the dad chose not to stick by me. For me though I knew it was something I could handle and although it was a huge shock I was so pleased. But I do understand everyones situation is different. Do you have a close friend/relative you can confide in and talk to? The main thing is you have plenty of support. All I will say is don't rush any desicion, maybe let the shock past first and then see how your feeling. I hope you make the desicion that is best for you and get the outcome you want. Good luck Hun.

I found out i was pregnant 2 weeks ago and im 19, turning 20. Its weird because a few months ago my biggest concern was what university i wanted to go to go to and now i have a baby to think about and provide for. It really is your decision, theres plenty of support from the ladies on here and youre very lucky to have such a supportive partner. All the best :) x

Hi, I'm 19 and when I first found out I was pregnant I was really scared even though it was planned! I'm still scared now! But like th others said its your decision and don't rush to make one. Wait for the shock to pass and see how you feel x hope you make the decision that's right for you! X

I'm 19 & 18 weeks & 3days (almost 4) with a little girl, also an unplanned miracle, I had a good paid job, nice car & nice flat when I found out, my job was a risk during pregnancy so had to resign, could no longer afford my expensive car insurance & moved back home but I now think of my unborn princess & realize I made the best choice, only you can decide xxx

All of the above posters are right...it is your decision and only you can decide. What you need to do it tall to the father and have a good sit down. I know you already realised your error. You both need to decide together if this is what you both can handle. We cant help you to decide. Heck, when i got pregnant im not in the best standing for money wise. Although planned, we are now focussing on making all the right changes and budgeting. No one is 100% prepared for a child even if planned. But you always end up finding a way. I pray that you both can make the best decision possible :)

I think that joining and posting in this forum for advice shows that maybe in your heart you would like to keep this baby and become a mother. Every year millions of women younger than you and in less stable relationships become mothers, and excel at it. And you will too, if you decide to take that route.

If you want to make the other call, then it is your right to do so. We are lucky to live in a society where we have can have safe and accessible procedures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->