20 dpo test lighter than 14dpo - help

Tinky_82

Mummy to a DS
Reaction score
Am I losing this pregnancy? I took a frer at work and the test line is lighter than it was at 14dpo - still nice and clear but I was hoping for a much darker line to reassure me some.
It's not looking good is it :cry:

I'm pretty sure all tests have different levels of dye in them etc and are not necessarily a direct indicator of how the pregnancy is progressing. Please try not to worry, so long as a line is still showing. Maybe you could wait until AF is late (if it isnt already) and then go see the Dr if you are still concerned.

AF is a week late but tests are getting fainter still so it's only a matter of time. I had nice clear positives at 24 dpo. Gutted

Was just today's fainter? Do you have a progression pic? Try fmu

There's barely a line now so I think it's all over :cry: I'll test with fmu just in case x

Hi!! I have just posted about this in first tri! I had some spotting this am, went to docs and had to do a hpt. The line was Alot fainter than a week ago, I should be around 8 weeks so booked in to epu tomorrow. anyway I Googled it and have since fou d out that the further along you are the lighter your hpt line will be, something to do with hormones. It's called the hook effect or something. Have a look into it, it will definitely reassure you x

Just in case anyone checks back on this - the pregnancy ended in miscarriage :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->