20 Week Scan Your Last One?!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Is your scan at 20 weeks IT? No more seeing bubs until born?

:wacko:

Im afraid so my lovely! Inless theres any problems i think!
Are u having a 3d/4d scan?
xx

yep 20 weeks then its roll on labour!

Sophie now I know that damn right I am and hes paying :rofl:

:rofl: I really want one especially if the little monkey has its legs crossed lol! DH has said no way is he payin for a scan he's so tight lol:gun:

Tell him thats ok you'll pay for it but he'll be paying the food shop that week or you all starve!!
:muaha:

:rofl: Good idea!!! Ill just keep goin on an on an on im sure it'll work, thats how i got to be a Mrs lol, i can be quite annoying when i want to be, an if it dont work with him ill start on Mummy in law she'll paye lol!:muaha:

:rofl:

An i just have to correct myself on the paye bit lol i ment pay, my spellin has got terrible!

yep 20 is that last

but with Harley i got to see himat 30weeks cuz i was very big.
but its crap having a scan when your so far gone cant make any of it out as its to big to see on the screen

lmao mummy in law, that made me laugh. My almost mummy in law offered to pay but it never quite materialised so I paid for it myself. We share our money anyway so it's not a major issue, I get what I want in the end.

On topic, yes the 20 week scan is your last.I had to have another one at 21+ weeks as they couldn't see her brain on the last one because of her angle, they must have thought I was tight because I was alone (my boyfriend couldn't get the day off work, my brother was meant to come but let me down last minute and I was very upset - holding back the tears literally) and I said to the lady, "oh, my boyfriend wasn't able to make it today can I give you the donation for the scan photos next time?" then never went back obviously! and I wondered at the time why she looked at me funny! I still feel bad about it.

Anyway, def get the 4d scan.. they are amazing! and beautiful and so emotional.. waffle waffle lol

I got an extra scan at 32 weeks because of my pre pregnancy weight being kinda low, and given your history wobs, I wouldnt be surprised if you got more too! I thought my 20 week scan was all I was going to get out of the hospital, but they managed to squeeze in another. + my 2 3d scans......

I had an extra but only because she was movong around too much so they couldnt do a proper scan of the heart.

Here we only get one at 12 weeks! :cry: its wrong!

Blimey KX how come? Why don't they do a detailed one to make sure all is ok? I thought they HAD to!

No they say that most serious things can be picked up at 12 weeks and via bloods.

I totally disagree with this, but they do not routinely do 20 week scans here. You only get another scan if there is something wrong etc.

It sucks....:dohh:

kx- im pretty sure thats a pile of bull on the hospitals behalf.
For example, I didnt have a 12 week scan, mine was done at 15 weeks, and they told me that though it was early and they could tell me more at the deatiled scan, there seems to be no risk of downs syndrome- this had something to do with the babies thickness of the neck and the bridge of his nose, but at 15 weeks they could not be totally 100% sure, but 80%- theres no way that can be picked up at 12 weeks SURELY? You can bearly even see bones at 12 weeks, can you?
I would do my nut if they told me I wasnt having anymore after 12 weeks, that does not sound right to me at all- anyone else agree with me? something is kinda off with that?

No they say that most serious things can be picked up at 12 weeks and via bloods.

I totally disagree with this, but they do not routinely do 20 week scans here. You only get another scan if there is something wrong etc.

It sucks....:dohh:
It was like a tick box on my scan does it have lungs kidneys spine ok etc etc

Thats bullshit :( & bloody awful!!!

https://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=780292007

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.