20 Week Scan Your Last One?!

Madness!

By the way I was saying what you said was bullshit lol x

That's wrong.... *shakes head*

No Wobbs I know hun, just wanted to show uz I wasnt mad! Well....

:rofl:

kx- im pretty sure thats a pile of bull on the hospitals behalf.
For example, I didnt have a 12 week scan, mine was done at 15 weeks, and they told me that though it was early and they could tell me more at the deatiled scan, there seems to be no risk of downs syndrome- this had something to do with the babies thickness of the neck and the bridge of his nose, but at 15 weeks they could not be totally 100% sure, but 80%- theres no way that can be picked up at 12 weeks SURELY? You can bearly even see bones at 12 weeks, can you?
I would do my nut if they told me I wasnt having anymore after 12 weeks, that does not sound right to me at all- anyone else agree with me? something is kinda off with that?

Infact, the 12 weeks scan is the only one to pick up on downs from the liquid in the back of the head, I think you can only have this upto 14 weeks for them to measure it properly. After that, bloods is the only way to determine anything which have to be done around 16 weeks.

But yes generally Wobs the 20 weeks is your last scan, and if all is well, then it is doubtful you will have another unless you get big or small for your gestation!

Infact, the 12 weeks scan is the only one to pick up on downs from the liquid in the back of the head, I think you can only have this upto 14 weeks for them to measure it properly. After that, bloods is the only way to determine anything which have to be done around 16 weeks.

But yes generally Wobs the 20 weeks is your last scan, and if all is well, then it is doubtful you will have another unless you get big or small for your gestation!

I didnt know that Tam so if theres a good chance of baby having downs it more than likely would be picked up on the 12 week scan then?
xx

20 week scan checks organs making sure they are there checking spine etc the 12 week one was standard theres a hb theres pic see you in 8 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->