• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

20 weeks LOW kicks

Jcliff

Reaction score
I am getting kicks so low in my crotch area! I don't remember this with my others! I think baby is breech! Guess I'll find out Tuesday after my US! Yikes

If baby is breech, there is nothing to worry about at 20 weeks! Heaps of time and room to turn around. I don't think either of mine were head down at 20 weeks. They were both transverse!

I agree with Zephram in that it doesn't matter at all if baby is breech at 20 weeks. They're still doing somersaults in there by all accounts! Can't remember which week they're supposed to turn head down but it's something like 30 or 32.
However if it helps I have this feeling too (often feel baby kicking my cervix, or my bladder if it's full) and I've had two recent scans and both showed baby was head down! Either she flipped head down right before the scan, or it's actually punches I'm feeling and not kicks?! Either way I'm not worried.

They are all over this early and moving around lots as they had plenty of room. They don't usually do head down and stay that way (if they do at all) until at least mid 3rd tri. But yep, my first was moving all over and I had lots of low kicks at that point.

Mine was the same at that stage. There is still plenty of time for baby to turn yet :)

20 weeks also, I get those real low kicks too. Sometimes I will feel them higher but it's usually low. Had 2 US at 16 weeks back to back and one he was sitting breach and the next day he was head down so who knows what's going on. Have my anatomy scan next week, so excited to see baby again

My baby's hanging out low too! are you having a boy or girl?

Don't worry about baby being breech. Doctors and midwives aren't concerned until you are 34 weeks. Believe me.. my LO is breech and I'm 37 weeks. Your LO is probably doing somersaults daily. There's a ton of room in there right now!

I am having a C-section either way (medical reasons) so even if baby is breech it is okay :)

I get that too, sometimes it feels like he's dancing directly on my cervix!

Could be breech or head down. My baby has sat low this entire pregnancy and has switched between the two. In both positions I ve felt kicking or punching (depending on her position) in my cervix and everywhere down there. The highest I've felt movements is just above my section scar so basically not high at all.

I had this, it must be a boy thing! Had my scan on weds and turns out he was laying on his head so I reckon it's punches down low. Probably just where he's sitting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->