20 Weeks - struggling with full time work & sickness

parisjackson

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is the first time i've logged onto a pregnancy forum. I am 20 weeks pregnant tomorrow. Have been experiencing sickness since week 12. Started with really bad heartburn and progressed into vomiting almost daily.

I work in a call centre office, so far I am comfortable at my desk and my bosses & HR are aware of my pregnancy and have been really supportive, as have my team mates.

I am really conscientious and hate the idea of having to keep leaving work all the time when i'm feeling really unwell, but i'm starting to feel less and less like I can cope with full time work at the moment. This is my second day back after a week of leave which I used to relax and it seemed like the vomitting had stopped for a while. I have been sick twice today and almost went home.

Most evenings I feel so shattered I go to bed soo early and feel like I miss out on the evening and feel like I just work... i'm losing my appetite as well.

So far I have left work on two different occasions during my pregnancy due to illness, and I just feel so guilty about it.

I don't know what to do I usually stay so strong and cope well with trying times like this, but i feel really emotional, Ive wanted to cry at times today. I am so scared I am going to vomit at my desk, as sometimes it can come out of the blue with no warning whatsoever...

My mum says to contact my gp but i'm not sure what they will be able to do??

Am I the only one feeling this way? Do you have any advise?

Thanks

Jen

Hi Jen,

I've experienced the same thing, although my sickness started at week 6 and I really hope it tapers off soon.

I also work in an office environment and have a management role so feel really guilty leaving work, but I'm really just in survival mode right now. I'm the same as you, I literally go to work and go home to bed and have no life whatsoever, it's very depressing.

I did contact my dr. and there is medication they can put you on. not sure where you are but in Canada it's called Diclectin, basically a combination of Vitamin B6 and something else. In the UK and US there are other prescription tablets that are safe during pregnancy so definitely ask your GP about them. They don't "cure you" but they make the random vomiting go away.

You are definitely not alone, feel better!!! Take one day at a time XO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"