2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

we had the bt 150 for rory and its fab. i'll definitely get one again when i move to a bigger house- don't need one here in my tiny flat!

the bt outlet sell them for £40... https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BT-BABY-DIGI...t=UK_Baby_BabyMonitors_SM&hash=item20b4042b15

Morning ladies,

We had a pretty good night again last night. S was fed around midnight and woke up around 4, then again around 7 before we all got up at 10.30.

Sorry,I hope I don't bore you all (especially the non-BF mummies), but it's the BF again. :blush:

Once again he only had short feeds during the night of around 5 minutes before contently falling asleep and not waking up, not even when being changed.

Having had a look in that BF book again, I think it may be one of the following or maybe a combination of the two.

1. Too fast milk flow. S is showing all the symptoms. Pretty much at every feed he pulls away at some stage...only to be squirted quite a lot into his wee face by the breast. Also, although he only feeds a few minutes on the breast before falling asleep, the breast that was originally really full and firm feels pretty soft and empty.

2. S might be dropping his night feeds. He might get as much milk as he can during the day and only wake up for very small amounts at night, which according to the book can happen at about 6 weeks.

With regards to the night feeds: I know that you are not supposed to miss any night feeds as it is likely to affect your supply by reducing it. But what happens when the baby drops the night feeds? Will it have the same effect on the supply? Or will it balance itself out as he will drink more during the day?

Sorry about the long post.

Moggy, I will have a look in our local Babies'R'Us.

DH went and bought the bt150 yesterday - he is a fan, spent ages getting giddy over its functions last night :dohh:

I can see OH doing the same when we get one. When do you think you will start using it as you are still co-sleeping, right?

Pip that sounds fine! S is just efficient :thumbup: Enjoy the sleep!

Hi all! Thanks for asking after me. I'm feeling so much better thanks. Think my hormones/emotions are finally settling down. Harry is now nearly 3 1/2 weeks old and we're gradually understanding what he needs, or at least we're finding different tricks to distract him!

Nights are not as good as they were, he takes ages to settle after each feed which is generally 10/11pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm. He only feeds for 10 mins then falls asleep. I then try and burp him but even if I get lucky he wakes after 10 mins or so of lying in his basket with what I can only guess is wind or attempts to poo. I keep having to get up and rock him or rock the basket for ages.

It's interesting to read about the routine that Yas has adopted. I would love to do something like that when he's a little older. I guess 3 weeks is still a wee bit too young?

Does anyone know at what age their digestive system sorts itself out? I think that is our main issue at the moment so once that is more mature we should hopefully find him so much more settled.

We have the avent monitor SCD530 which was our one big spend. I think it was £90!! from the baby show. It's very cool though and it's so handy having the little monitor you can put in your pocket, especially as it can vibrate. https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-...se-_-N/A-_-Phillips Avent SCD530 Baby Monitor

Pip, I would say that your LO will maybe demand more milk during the day so your body will start producing more to substitute the night feeds.

Sorry again for not coming on that much. My laptop still has no internet and by the time my dh comes home from work with his, I'm either too tired to log on or just have no time as have to eat and start getting Harry ready for bed.

Yas, sorry to hear about Gary but it sounds like you're doing an amazing job on your own. I have to take my hat off to you as that is no mean feat.

Claire, I love that tattoo and I personally think you have nice feet!

Yas, where abouts in London do you live as I'm planning on going in soon to see my work colleagues. We could always meet for a coffee and cake?

Lia, I'm so jealous that you can put your LO down during the day. As soon as I try Harry wakes up and cries! I keep trying though and he's going longer each time so FX we'll get there eventually.

:hi: to Moggy, Brigitte, Lia, Lydia, Yas, Costgang, Claire, Pip, dede xxx

Hi ladies..

Will catchup later....have asked for the thread to be moved to the parenting section on the lounge/general forum section. Just in case it disappears ..

Xxx

On the BF front hun I also have the prob with Dylan pulling off / getting squirted as I have overactive letdown / fast flowing milk, so his feeds are really short through the night. I think you will be fine - he will make up for it more in the day if he needs more but sounds like he is probably getting enough as Dylan has been super fast feeding too but emptying boob.

Ann - I should think you can start a routine like that whenever you like - its just doing the same things in the same order, so even if he changes when he goes to bed etc in the early days as long as you do the same things in the same order it sets up the routine :shrug:

As for the baby monitor, I am generally going to bed at the same time as Dylan because I am knackered waking up through the night, so why hubby thinks I won't want to go to bed at that time still I don't know but yes the plan is to get him in the basket for at least the first sleep of the night which is his longest stint as he still gets up a bit after that.... DH has a week off soon and although we are going to a cottage in the lakes it might be a good time to push it as he will be off work too and able to help me with settling him in the night, which he hasn't done so far as I don't want to wake him because of his job. He will also be starting a new job after our week in the lakes so win win really he can help out more through the night then too. Will let you know how it goes :rofl:

*****we have to create a new thread...we cant move this one im afraid :-( if any one of you would like to do it and let the rest of us know...ktherwise ill do it later or tomorrow whenever i get the cbance*****

OH NO! Devastating :'( i don't wanna lose this thread! booohooo.

Yep as Lia says, when we started the bedtime routine it was any time between 6pm-10pm, following his cues. It fell into 7-8pm within 2 weeks or so.

Ann, yes to a coffee! I'm in Tooting but can travel anywhere by tube :). Everything got easier for me at 6 weeks- his feeding spread out more, winding got easier, he slept more etc. Keep going, you are doing a great job, that first month is so hard. xxx

Oh ladies, I wanted to share something with you. I have discovered a new Krispy Kreme doughnut, which in my opinion is sooo yummy. :cake: It is Coffee Kreme. Probably only nice for coffee lovers. https://www.krispykreme.co.uk/doughnuts/our-varieties/coffee-kreme/

For those who don't like coffee, there is a Butterscotch Fudge (possibly AD like), which I haven't tried yet as I just like the coffee one too much. https://www.krispykreme.co.uk/doughnuts/our-varieties/butterscotch-fudge/

Sorry, probably a bit pointless post, but just wanted to share with you ladies :blush: as I know you appreciate a yummy bit of sweetness.

If anyone tries the Butterscotch one, please let me know what it is like.

****Here's our new thread.....just keep on typing from where we left off here :thumbup:****https://www.babyandbump.com/parenting/428621-bump-flushes-dimples-beyond-closed.html#post7138319

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->