2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

Awe, :hugs: hon! I feel your pain. Today when DH yelled at me for not eating my lunch i made him feel how tight my belly is! I've been drinking water since noon, still bloated, and killer heart burn! Even Cads stretches have been painful! I just have SO MUCH left to do that the next 10wks can't go too fast, lol! Today i looked into the tours at my hospital's birthing center so now all i have to do is pin DH down to what Sunday afternoon he would like reality to sink in!:haha: He asked me today to show him a youtube video of an actual birth because he wanted to know if he could handle "an angry hoohoo" :dohh: Lets just say i'm glad he sat down first and i think he may be at my head afterall!:rofl:

haha bless him!! think being by the head is the best place to be. although when they tell you cad's head is out, he might wanna sneak a peak. thats what dan did when we had angel. he was like it was amazing this little person and you pushing her out.
dunno what he's gunna be like this time though, althoguh i think he's decided to cut the cord which is awesome :D
i've done nothing yet. i think im still too scared to let myself buy anything...... but then i think to myself that pickle could potentially make an appearance in 6 1/2 weeks and thats quite scary!!! lol

i can understand your apprehension. I think you said you still have alot of stuff from Angel right? If it would make you feel better i would suggest just getting the necessities and the rest can really wait. I am OCD about preparing but in reality you don't really need much besides diapers, diaper stuff and basic cloths/blankets for awhile right?

I was suprised DH asked but i told him he would have to watch a video before Cad comes anyway! He is always "a man's man" ... blah blah blah.... but if he cuts himself and see any significant blood he'll go ghost white and dizzy:dohh: I knew he would need a reality check :haha: although he promised to cut the cord:thumbup: Somehow i still think he's gonna look but hopefully they keep a chair close:haha:

I definitely didnt want my DH anywhere near the "angry hoohoo" when we had my DD :haha: I MADE him stay by my head and let me squeeze the POO out of his hand hahahaha He ventured a glance when she was crowning but I ended up actually getting very nauseated and threw up while pushing, but it was like 1. crowning 2. "I feel sick" 3. vomit 4. baby crying ALL within about 3 minutes hahaha it was pretty crazy. With this one Im sure DH will do the same thing, stay by my head and keep encouraging me :)

yeah we still have lots from when we were having angel and its all new, so i'll go through all that in the next few weeks and see what we've got and what we need still.
when are u thinking of packing the hospital bag?? i read on here that a woman packed it at like 27 weeks!!!
i'm not ready to pack that yet lol. i was thinking maybe 34-35 weeks??
i dunno. confused lol

I think some ladies just get soooo excited that they do it reallllly early, lol. I was aiming for 32wk before with the band but now that everything is "normal" i think i'll wait untill about 34-35wks. If i pack it too early i'll just forget what i packed and be constantly in it anyway:blush: I have a small pile of stuff in my bedroom as a starting point. All i've got right now is travel size toothpaste & deodorant, a toothbrush, and small bottles to fill with lotion, conditioner etc. once i get closer. In the US there really isn't alot you need to bring like overseas so most of my list is stuff that will go in the day of anyway (my phone & charger, camera, snacks, insurance cards etc.)

All I needed when I had my DD was a change of clothes and toiletries, and I brought 3 different sized outfits for our DD because we didnt know how big or long she would be :haha: I had the clothes laid out from about 36 weeks, then put in a bag at about 38 weeks with travel sized toiletries. I ended up not even getting out of bed the night I was at the hospital so all I used was my change of clothes and her clothes. :) You wont be in the hospital but 1 to MAYBE 2 nights and I myself didnt get out of bed until the next morning after having her because it was so sore down there hahaha

my plan is to stay home as long as possible and get discharged as soon as i can, plus we live 10minutes from the hospital so even if i want something it'll be real easy for someone to get it for me anyway! So far i only bought a newborn outfit (SO CUTE!) but i know i'll bring a 0-3mth too. Maybe even a different outfit since i bought the newborn one before i knew DH has a MAJOR problem with dressing a baby in anything with monkeys on it:dohh: Men are soo strange sometimes!lol The outfit is covered in monkeys with a hat that has a huge monkey face on the front!:haha:

haha thats awesome!!
i've got a little babygrow and hat the says i love my daddy on it so im thinking thats what i'll dress him in. also it depends on the weather......
its snowing and like -9c at the minute but the last 2 april's we've had heatwaves lol. think im gunna have to have both options ready and just chuck it in a bag when the time comes!!!
i cant wait though!! i got all excited cos i saw our pushchair earlier and the car seat!! small things obviously please me at the minute lol. but we've had it for about a year stored at my sisters house so i just wanna use it now!!

I cant wait to get all my stuff up and ready, I spent all day friday getting all our old baby blankets and toys separated from our other boxed things and put in our closet where I can reach it.. I REALLY want to know if Im pink or blue so I can start looking into gender specific stuff!

Amber you'll know soon enough! Louise everything must be soooo exciting now! I know what you mean with the weather. I'm glad that cad is coming after the flu season but April is so unpredictable! I think I'm gonna stay with lighter clothes but bring extra blankets.
As for me today has been possibly the most uncomfortable day yet! My back was killing me last night and when I finally laid down bub's just wiggled into the most uncomfortable positions. Then today I had a foot to the rib ALL day! I sure hope the rest of third tri isn't like this! Even as I write this cad's movements from side to side hurt!

Hi ladies glad to see everyone's doing well :thumbup:

Works been crazy this week but only 12 weeks to go till I finish up now :shock:

Just been through the mountains of stuff we've got for baby that we had ready for angel. seems i've pretty much got everything! woo! just a quick question, do you reckon breast pump is worth getting or not really?

This is my first so i'm probably not much help but i plan on breast feeding exclusively for a few mths at least so i got a breast pump incase there is latching issues & so others can feed to give me a break or have "date nights." (although i'm sure it's gonna be awhile before i want to leave peanut with anyone:haha:

btw... i know i'm a twit but i couldn't help myself but try it too:blush: DAMN that thing hurts! I hope it's not so bad when there is something to come out! :rofl:

btw... i know i'm a twit but i couldn't help myself but try it too:blush: DAMN that thing hurts!

:rofl: :rofl:

I'm hoping to exclusively bf when she gets here so I'm not buying any bottles or pumps or formula to make sure I don't give in too easily and give it a proper go.
It may be that I have to go out and buy them if I can't bf for whatever reason but I'll worry about that if it happens!

Update on my anomaly scan I had on Friday, everything is looking good, she's measuring pretty much in the middle of all the averages, for some reason she went all camera shy this time and hid her face for most of it and it wasn't until it was mentioned that I may have to go back a couple of weeks later so they could check her skull that she moved her hands :dohh:
It was again confirmed that she's a little girl so I can now breathe easy and put the receipts away for the pink stuff I've already bought :haha:

I got my appt through for my OGTT (oral glucose tolerance test) for the 23rd March, it's the long 3 hour test so I'll be sorting out a good book to take with me!
Damn the diabetes that runs in my family and my bmi score :dohh:
Not sure how I'll cope with fasting from 9pm the night before.....I get really hungry every couple of hours :wacko: Oh well, at least it's an early appt....

I hope everyone else is well! :flower:

Kate i've got my 3hr tomarrow morning so i'll let ya know how it goes! At least this time i can call after 24hrs and get my results. DH said he'll help me if i do fail it (although i don't think i will) since i have no idea what a diabetic diet would be like:blush: It doesn't run in my family so i've never really had to deal with a low sugar diet, but i'm not happy that brownies and hot chocolate would be off limits!!!:growlmad:

You can still have brownies and hot chocolate on a diabetic diet, it just means looking for the diabetic versions or making them with sugar substitutes :winkwink:
Everyone is on a diabetic diet at my parents house because my Dad is so bad for not caring what he eats :dohh: so Mum just makes sure everything is safe for him.

It'll be good to know what to expect from the test though, I'm thinking I go in, have fasting blood sample taken, drink something (they've said it'll be a sugary drink such as lucozade), wait a few hours, have more blood taken and then I can bugger off home......Via a café for something to eat of course :haha:

I would get a pump only because if you would like a date night with your DH OR if your DH would like to be included in the feeding time.. I enjoyed giving up a couple times of feeding to get extra sleep :haha: it was handy to have in any case.
I cant wait until my gender scan!!! 4 weeks!!!!!
I had another appt today.. and yet again they couldnt find the heartbeat with the doppler.. except today I met with a different dr in the practice instead of my awesome midwife and he sat there, I suppose trying to not get me worried, but was saying that the doppler was malfunctioning... I mean SERIOUSLY!??! You think Im stupid?!!? :growlmad: oh well.. whatever he made me get an ultrasound right then though to be sure everything was ok even though I knew it was.. dont ask me how.. I just knew.. and sure enough everything was perfect, little bump just insists on facing my back! He then proceeded to tell me that I shouldve had paperwork for some test that no one told me about last time and insisted that it was my fault that it wasnt in my chart.. nurse came in a couple minutes later and proved him wrong, that my form was there but there was no test done on me yet.. GRRR! Oh well, I finally get to see my midwife again next time though :happydance:
Good luck with those 3 hour tests ladies BLECK! I am definitely not looking forward to those :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->