2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

cute pic kim!!
come on kristin!! i wanna know now!!!

So I'm team pink ! :pink: Wrote an update in my journal which I'll include here!

I'm so excited!!

I honestly truly wanted a little girl!

She's a little over a pound, and she's perfectly healthy. Heartbeat is 152 bpm, and size and shape of heart and other organs seem to be fine. Limbs are all looking good and are a good length. The sonographer had me lie on my side so that she could see the gender. She asked "are you sure you want to know?" and I said "yes!!!" and she said "it's a girl!!" She couldn't get all the pictures she needed because the baby wouldn't really budge from her position (she had me stand up and jump around and wiggle, and she poked me a bunch, but it didn't really help!), so I'm going back for another u/s in 3 weeks! Yay more pictures! Good thing is that everything that she could see looked perfectly fine, so I'm not really worried.

DH is super excited, too. He got to hear the heartbeat for the first time today. I'm really glad that he was with me for the exciting news.

yay congratulations on team pink!!!! :happydance:

so happy for you x

Congrats on team :pink:!! I am so happy for you. Yay for girls:) now we need to see some pics kristin. Thank you ladies all for your sweet comments. She really is a cutie and i am sooooo in love and on :cloud9:!! How is everyone doing? I hope all is well with everyone :) :hug: to all and I will do my best to keep up here since you all are my favorite group:)

Congrats Kristin! Glad you got your little girl but are all you ladies ready for those lil girls to wrap daddy around their fingers!:cloud9: YAYAYAY for another u/s too! Sometimes stubborness is good:thumbup:

Edit: Just got back my glucose test results and i passed beautifully :happydance::happydance: They couldn't explain the first test but my 4 draws were all 20+ points under 130 with the last one 77 :happydance: Celebrating tonight with a brownie!:haha:

That's great to hear! Is the glucose test typically around 30 weeks? Mine hasn't been scheduled yet, wonder when it's going to be.

yay for passing christina..... and i cant think of a better way to celebrate than a brownie :D
enjoy xx

That's great to hear! Is the glucose test typically around 30 weeks? Mine hasn't been scheduled yet, wonder when it's going to be.

My doc does it around 26-28wks I'm only doing it this late because of the failed one at 27wks and an idiot at the doctors office who didn't call to tell me:growlmad: The first one really wasn't that bad at all imo. but the "intern" drawing my blood at the second one sucked! I have a quarter size bruise on each arm now :growlmad:

Yay team Pink!!! Im so happy for you Kristin!! and YAY Christina for the passing!! :happydance: it sounds like everyone is doing great!!
well myself at the moment I cant help but think something might be wrong.. I have a profile picture of this little one just like I did of my DD and for some reason something doesnt look right to me... I know Im being very cautious just with my history and the fear that something will be wrong anyway... I know they wouldve said something if something was wrong, but I cant help but worrying.. part of being a mom I suppose :)
Im slowly starting to show!! YAY!

Yaaay for team pink! :D

Frisbee, im sure everything is fine! I understand you are worrying. Im sure we all are, but just relax and everything will be okay. You are already 16 weeks! Wow time is flying! When is your anatomy scan? :)

Amber hon, I'm sure it's all ok and they would have said something if not. I think we all could understand he worry part! I honestly didn't stop really stressing until about 27-28 wks when I reAlly started feeling Cad several times a day every day. I think ur right it's just the mamma coming out! :hugs:

So much good news on here!

Welcome to team pink Kristin!

Amber, maybe the profile of your scan pic looks different because it's a boy? Post it up with where you think something is wrong and then we can all have a look and reassure you!

I just realised, everyone else who has done the glucose test, has done an hour test first and if they've failed that then gone on and done the three hour test....How come I'm going straight in with the three hour test? Is it because diabetes runs on both sides of my family?

Thanks ladies, I think Im just worried because Im cautious right now.. I have my anatomy scan on March 5th.. around 20 weeks which was around the time I first saw our DD so I KNOW that this lo is going to be looking different than her ultrasound because this ultrasound was this past monday (at 15.5 weeks) not 20.. I just wish the ultrasound tech wouldve told me "oh the arms are above the head" or "oh this is why you cant see this clearly" maybe I shouldve asked too.. oh well.. Ill be getting excited as March closes in!!!

So much good news on here!

Welcome to team pink Kristin!

Amber, maybe the profile of your scan pic looks different because it's a boy? Post it up with where you think something is wrong and then we can all have a look and reassure you!

I just realised, everyone else who has done the glucose test, has done an hour test first and if they've failed that then gone on and done the three hour test....How come I'm going straight in with the three hour test? Is it because diabetes runs on both sides of my family?

Kate, if it runs in your family then yes they usually put you straight to the 3 hr one because you're more likely to develope it. There is none of it in my family so they started off easy, although now i wished they had just done the 3hr to start and saved me the trouble, lol.

Heres my 23+1 bump pic.

Why is nobody else posting bump pics! Me wants to see! :cry: haha

What do you think ladies? I still keep hearing im small but I feel Im filling up quite fast. I dont feel huge but the bump is deffo there.

Attachments

• 2012-02-10 17.54.01.jpg
    2012-02-10 17.54.01.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 6
Damn, that's got to be nigh on a perfect bump!

I have bump envy :haha:

I'll try get some pics of mine today!

Ill try to take one today, but Im getting my hair done (which hasnt happened in a LONG time) and then having a date night with the DH while our DD spends the night with a friend !!!! YAY!!! All to celebrate my birthday/valentines day.
Ive keep feeling a tightness in one particular area of my stomach JUST below my belly button, but everytime I feel it and put my hand there, theres nothing moving.. SIGH.. I know its the lo moving though!!!! :happydance:

Amii i agree with Kate that is like a perfect bump! :thumbup: I don't think you're small at all, I'm not much bigger and 31wks today! I'll be taking a new bump pic later or tomarrow morn so i'll post it monday when i'm back on my computer. I have a feeling peanut is having a growth spurt. Yesterday i was in an emotional, exhausted fog all day and my belly's "over inflated" expansion pain has been almost unbearable. I'm feeling alittle better today but def still like a massive balloon ready to pop :shock: Poor DH looked so worried about me last night that when i saw his face i just started bawling while laughing saying "i'm crying for no good reason at all" :blush: Ohhhh wonderful pregn hormones!lol I can't complain though it's been pretty smooth sailing until now and i've officially have 9 WEEKS LEFT :wacko: Single digits!!!:happydance:

Amber :happydance::happydance::happydance: for movement!! I think it's gonna sneak up on you fast! :cloud9:

sorry for the rambling :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->