2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

Hmmm... I can't decide if it's weird or sweet.

I think she meant to be sweet but it came off weird. :haha:

It almost seems a little invasive?? :shrug:

That is a perfect explaination to me! It def felt invasive. I've waited 8yrs for this and it almost felt taken away.:cry: She has also told DH that to "help" she plans to babysit 4 days a week so i can work (but we already have it worked out to have the baby at the shop, changing the office into a make shift nursery) I'm having seperation anxiety and i'm not even in the 2nd trimester:wacko:

Hmmm sounds like "help" might equal "control"...

I fear that a little bit with my mom and MIL too, but at the same time I'm really glad that they will help look after Bean because I'll have to go to work and I'll feel better knowing he/she is with family. They are teachers so they will at least be able to help out during the summer. After that, it's daycare :wacko: Wish I could afford to be a SAHM. But DH might be getting a raise so there is a chance I could go part-time. It's just tricky. There are soooo many things we are going to have to get for Bean. Like a college education. :haha:

Ooooh that works out great that you could have your baby with you while you work!!

So I was working on my Amazon baby registry. I've added SO much stuff!! This is actually going to be my own Christmas wish list too because we are going to need lots of stuff being that it's the first baby, so I want to get a head start before the shower.

I was an 80's baby so I'm totally getting dvd's of Fraggle Rock, Looney Tunes, Muppets, and Sesame Street!!

And Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas :happydance:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Emmet Otters Jug Band Christmas!!!! and fraggle rock too! My looney DH has been buying VHS tapes (hopefully my VCR still works,lol) since we got engaged 9yrs ago! I have enough tapes that my kid could be glued to a tv for 5yrs!:haha: A couple yrs ago i forced him to switch to books:haha:

:rofl: That's awesome.

I definitely want Bean to do a sport or dance a few times a week, but a little tv isn't bad either. My SIL is absolutely insane about TV. Her baby is less than a year old, and if she comes to visit, she has a fit if DH has the tv on for sports or something. She actually shields her baby's head so she won't look at the tv. :wacko:

What is she going to do when her kid goes to school? She's going to write a note to her teacher: "Dear Ms. Teacher, please excuse my daughter from any tv-related activities that might come up during the school year, even if they have an educational purpose." :haha:

Yeah being in business for yourself has the downside of NO vacations really or days off but we have the flexability to bring Cad in which to me is priceless! I know i'll have plenty of willing babysitters so Cad's not here all the time, but i really would like him with me as much as possible. I don't know if we'll have another so i don't wanna miss anything! (I want at least 2 but DH had to be talked into 1, i'm hoping having Cad will change his mind!)

:rofl: That's awesome.

I definitely want Bean to do a sport or dance a few times a week, but a little tv isn't bad either. My SIL is absolutely insane about TV. Her baby is less than a year old, and if she comes to visit, she has a fit if DH has the tv on for sports or something. She actually shields her baby's head so she won't look at the tv. :wacko:

What is she going to do when her kid goes to school? She's going to write a note to her teacher: "Dear Ms. Teacher, please excuse my daughter from any tv-related activities that might come up during the school year, even if they have an educational purpose." :haha:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I'm not like that for sure. I think alittle tv is just fine! As long as it's not the babysitter :haha: I think interaction is key with bubs! and fresh air!!!!

I've waited 8yrs for this and it almost felt taken away.:cry: She has also told DH that to "help" she plans to babysit 4 days a week so i can work

:hugs: i'm sorry she's stealing your thunder. it's YOUR baby, so you do it YOUR way! mil or no mil, she raised hers, so it's your turn!

i don't have any in-law troubles, so i can't be of much help. (tyler's dad died before we were married and his mother had a massive stroke just before his father died and is in a convalescent home)

so, i just totally sent tyler out for a mcdonald's egg mcmuffin for breakfast and it was the most wonderful thing ever! i think my total food aversion has passed!! :happydance:

:yipee::yipee: yay for no food adversions!!! I only have 1 thing that does that to me ...A1 sauce which i used to put on everything but that seemed to pass last week.

Afternoon ladies!

Sorry I have been MIA lately. Had to leave right after work yesterday to take my Mom to the doctor because she needed eye surgery. It is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada this weekend so I have about 10 people coming over at 3pm so the DH and I have been busy cleaning and getting the turkey in the oven (Happy Thanksgiving to any other Canadians...or am I the only one?)

So happy news, my doctor called yesterday and from last Tuesday to this Tuesday (3 weeks+ 5 days to 4 weeks + 5 days) my HCG went from 18 to 539! She said that is very textbook and that unless I am feeling bad I don't have to worry about anything else until the 31st when I have my first pre-natal. SO excited! At that point I will be 9 weeks!

I also joined the appleseed club on Thursday! hahaha all I can hear is the Johnny Appleseed song in my head!

I love ALL the names everyone is thinking of.....

the DH and I decided we will find out the sex and have been thinking of names.... I have a girl name and he has a boy name....

Let me know what you think:

Girl- Makaya Riali Marie Spence (DH's sister's name is Riali and my Mom, his mom, my aunt, his aunt and his sister all have first or middle names as Marie!)

His boy name- Kingston Alexander McDonald Spence (Kingston Jamaica is where his Dad was born, my Grandfather's name was Alexander, his Dad's middle name, his Grandfathers middle name and his middle name are Mcdonald)

I am not 100% sure how I feel about Kingston....I like Kingston, just don't want people to call him King....

Please tell me HONESTLY what you think :)

xoxo

i think i'm gonna be starting my tp measuring tomorrow at 5 weeks.

anyone else not fitting into their clothes? i just put on a pair of undies, don't fit, a pair or jeans, don't fit and a cute little top, doesn't fit. i think after i drop the boys off at my parents, i'm gonna go shopping!

Linds - Maybe Kingston for a middle name?? I love Alexander!

Hope your mom is doing okay.

Jes - my clothes fit fine though I'm sure that's going to change soon!!

I'm really bloated already :(

I'm not small anyway (uk12/14) but I'm now wearing a pair of uk16 jeans and they're so uncomfortable!! OH is taking me to MotherCare tomorrow so I'll grab a couple of pairs of maternity jeans that will hopefully see me through!
Is it odd to get them now or do other people buy maternity trousers early on?
I figure once the bloating goes I'll have a bump anyway so it doesn't matter if I get them now...

I've noticed some bloating here too, but I guess my clothes are a bit loose so I can get away with it for now. I saw some really cute and not terribly expensive maternity clothes at Target! I'm sure you don't have that in the UK, but it's a chain store here. Some nice pants too that I will be able to wear to work. I haven't bought any yet because I had been checking them out before I got pg.

i just came back from a consignment shop and picked up some maternity pants, then went to walmart and got some new undies. last time, by about 8 weeks, i was in maternity, so i'm not surprised i'm in early this time. if it's comfortable, i say go for it!

we just got back from dropping the boys off at my parents. i miss them already!

Ah loving the front page!!!
Cant believe how much ive missed this afternoon will have to catch up in the morning!
Appleseed tomorrow woop!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->