2012 Christmas Bargain Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness! What's the book people code? I might have to accidentally add those to my order!
(Although I might check for older versions first.. Just because the new ones have renamed Fanny and Dick!)

10% FESTIVE
free delivery 264XMAS

:flower:

the older versions are the ones with the trees
on the front, they're the ones i remember

:)

TOYS R US

20% off coupon published on 9th November
following newspapers - the sun - the mirror - the daily mail

Online code: TOYS20H

only works on toys
exp 11th

:thumbup:

Where have all the furbys gone! can anyone find a purple one in stock uner £50? :S

I have asked for ELC code but seen to be overlooked if anyone has one much appreciated.

I have asked for ELC code but seen to be overlooked if anyone has one much appreciated.

there's a code generator on the first page, i used it 3 times yesterday and it worked every time!:thumbup:

Anyone after Furby's they have them in Argos, all are in stock at my local one so might be worth a look x

Oh my goodness! What's the book people code? I might have to accidentally add those to my order!
(Although I might check for older versions first.. Just because the new ones have renamed Fanny and Dick!)

Shockingly it's not just the names that have changed, once they did that it opened the floodgates for other changes like Dame Slap-alot is now Dame Scold-a lot - ok at a push - but apparently it has also paved the way for a few other Americanisms to sneak in like taking donuts on their picnic wtf! And the name Rick obviously. I don't know why they didn't just change the names completely. A lot of versions have also been shortened with whole chapters and lands missing.

Some editions are worse than others for the amount of changes but unless you buy original 50's editions (£££££) it's very difficult to find original wording. Different editions of each book were released by different publishers in different years and they changed the wording at different times, so it's not even like you can say just get ones from X year. I managed to find the original version of one book second hand but not the others so just decided to give up and buy the new ones. I got mine from amazon, beautifully illustrated A4 sized hardback editions (only two been released yet) for about £10 the pair. They look really special. As my mum said, LO won't know the difference in the wording but at least he won't be repeating any of the less 'politically correct' phrases at school!

Can you tell I've looked into this A LOT? :haha:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0603566235/ref=mp_bxgy_p_dp_y?qid=1352448248&sr=8-19

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0603566243/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1352448248&sr=8-19&pi=SL75

i have a 25% off voucher code (that came through the psot) and it wont let me use it online! help

if anyone has one i can use on line would be greatful, for once the stuff is not for lyss x

‎10% off of Debenhams fragrance and beauty online. Use code TR49 at checkout :)

if anyone wants either of my codes they should work on the phone i guess, im offering them up on fb too x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"