~ 2012 July Babies ~

I got my first freebie yesterday - a bottle, which I didn't even request! But at least we have something...

Sadie - I was thinking the same, although here in NI it's not as much of an issue (unfortunately!!). I think when I finally get my head round buying things, I'll get some of each

Hey ladies,
Are onesies vests or babygroes i.e. with or without legs? With my dd, who was born at the beginning of the summer, we used short sleeved vests and long sleeved babygroes, it was very warm that year :) xx

This is a onesie....(also called a bodysuit)

https://www.amazon.com/Babysoy-Kimono-Onesie-in-Blossom/dp/B002LFKC1Y/ref=pd_sbs_a_23

They can be short or long sleeved...

In 0-3 months....

I have 16 short-sleeved onesies & 5 long-sleeved onesies.
I figured on having 3 per day because I don't want to do laundry more than 1x/week.
I also have 7 pairs of pull on pants.

https://www.amazon.com/Babysoy-babysoy-pant-Baby-Slip-on-Pants/dp/B003Z5CVN6/ref=pd_sbs_a_3

Summers here are very hot and humid, though, so unless we are going out, he will probably just be in a onesie most of the time. All the shops and restaurants here are air conditioned and many are cold, so that is why I also have long sleeved onesies and pants.

This is a sleep-n-play....Is it the same thing as a babygrow?

https://www.amazon.com/Carters-Easy...=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1331502296&sr=1-23

I will be in NY (hot here) thru august and picked up 5 short sleeved ones today, on sale at TJmaxx and yesterday 3 long sleeved ones from Target! I guess i will stock up on more short sleeved, and just a cpl more long.... Pants, too.... Thanksfor that tip. So complicated, but I am just stressing out because we are moving overseas in august and i have so much to do and cant buy a lot because the more we buy the more we have to pack and ship, etc....

If only we knew if it would be hot or cold in the uk, July and August are so unpredictable! Might just end up with plenty of long and short sleeved ones!

wow washing once per week - unheard of in this house as we do cloth nappies as well but with swipe rags, night bras, bfing tops, nighties, towels blankets sheets etc etc even without the nappies we couldn't last a week with a newborn! Not just bubs stuff but i remember sweating so much with the hormonal changes etc that I would change tops 2 or 3 times a day at least!

It will be COLD here in July so have to stock up on not only stuff for bubs but stuff for me, 3am feeds in summer are fine I sleep naked and just throw on a sarong to go get bubs but at 3am in winter I think I will be needing MORE than a sarong!!

I have about 15 vests in the Newborn size and about the same in babygros -- most long-sleeved but some short. Like Conina, I'm not holding my breath in hopes of a warm summer.

Indigo, I'd call your onesie a vest, though we don't often see them in long-sleeved varieties (I've got a few from DD, but mostly in bigger sizes) and the sleep-n-play is definitely a babygro.

I had some cute little dresses and jeans/trousers from my DDs too, but they seem to have all disappeared over the years (probably given to friends with new babies). I want to hold off on buying more until we find out if our Yellow baby is really Pink or Blue.

Yes Indigo - you labelled them right! :) I love that purple onesie on the link!!!!! so cute :
)
My dd sleeps in a long sleeved vest, babygrow and sleeping bag at the moment and its about 18'C in her room if thats any further help?
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"