2013 back to work! heartbroken! plz read

angel4eva

Reaction score
2012 was an amazing year! My baby was born, and I've loved every second with my little girl and suddenly new years day I'm sat here crying my eyes out looking at her whilst she's happily playing.

I'm not back until March but already I'm counting down the days, I feel utterly sick at the thought of leaving her. I honestly don't know how I will cope, all I'm thinking of is 2012 the first scans, feeling my baby kicking, every detail, giving birth...

I know so much more is to come from 2013, first steps, words etc, but I may miss this.

I know I have to be strong for her, and il make sure I am but it's like someones putting a knife through my heart!

I know others on here are in the same boat, so be nice to chat to someone who understands.

I felt the same and even opted to take the full 12months off which was last minute as I had only planned on 9 months, after a couple of weeks though it was quite nice to have some time to be me, I didn't even miss anything, she saved it all for when I was there!! I no how hard it is, but think of the good example your setting her :)

i know how u feel it broke my heart going back to work lucky my husband understood and started looking for a better paid job so i only had to work 2 days a week and now we have made cut back and im extremely lucky i have become a sahm we cant afford holidays or many luxuries but id pick being a sahm over them any day. is there any way u can make cut backs and work less if u can id say its worth it if not though your lo will be fine im sure and u will appreciate the time u get together much more

I know the feeling. i'm now job hunting after 10 months off. I went back after Earl was born and was heartbroken, and having to do it again isn't getting any easier. I have to say though, you tend not to miss things and you make the most of the time you do have with them when you work. I will only be going back 3 days per week though, but when I went back when Earl was 11 months, I went back full time and it was torture.

I totally understand. Leaving my 3 month old at home with grandma, even though i trust her, its extremely hard. I only work 3 hours 4 times a week but at the end of this month i will be starting school for 20 hours/week and I am dying inside. I want to spend every little second with her because I know time will fly and she is growing so fast!!
I have decided to move back to my parents so I do not have the financial burden to get a full time job. I feel that my baby girl is my priority and leaving her behind is not a choice I am comfortable with.

I have had 18 months off 1 year mat and the other was sick leave, due back on 16th January :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->