2014-2015 baby club!

Hey Girls

Sorry I haven't been around, Thursday at 11.30 at night I went to the bathroom where my waters broke with blood in them.
I was admitted to hospital as I have strep b so they had to induce labour medically!!

So I used my tens machine all the way up until I had to get an epidural. The meds I was on gave me contractions of the same strength as being ready to push but my cervix would not dilate as the meds made me hyper sensitive and messed with my bodies ability to cope. The midwives couldn't believe I'd only used tens up till the point where I needed the spinal and epidural.

Needless to say after 20 hours of painful unproductive labour I had no feeling - started trying to push but baby's heart rate dipped.

Went into theatre where they used suction cap which failed then they used forceps and managed to get baby out. They had to cut me and because baby moved its head at the last min I tore a bit!

After a complex labour I have a beautiful baby girl Amelia who weighed 7lb 9oz.
We only got back from hospital late last night (no wifi)

Hope you are all ok - sorry for wanting on about me xxx

Ooh Phoenix, what a scary story. Glad all is well in the end.

Congratulations with your baby girl:happydance::happydance::happydance:
Was she born on Friday or Saturday?
How are you feeling now, how did first night home with baby go?

I bought a tens machine too. Would you recommend it?

Congrats phoenix!!! Amelia is a beautiful.name. I am glad both you and baby are okay...
I guess it's me next in line lol...I m terrified! !!

Tatemp it was scary but every labour is different and as tough as it is - you'd be surprised what you can take when your baby needs you to.
She was born Fri pm.

Tens machine was the only pain relief I used until I had to have the epidural as my body would contract. The key is to get it on early and breath with it. You may need gas and air as well as tens but it really does help.

Keep all your options open and remember healthy happy baby is all that will matter on the day.

Jannah you'll be fine

Nanninoo thx babe xxx

Hi Jannah I'm good thanks hun how are you? 1 week left wow how exciting good luck hun wishing you all the best keep us updated on how you get on can't wait to hear your wonderful news when little one arrives! Are you all ready for little man? X

Exciting Jannah.
I am now officially in the third trimester, everything is going well till now. We painted the baby room last weekend and bought furniture for his room, we are going to pick them up in two weeks. It's starting to get more real now.

Hi girls
3 days left but no updates here...I have a feeling that I ll be induced..I'm all ready for Jr to arrive
good to know u all r ok...

Hi girls, how are you all doing.

Jannah, how are you doing, what's been going on with you?

I am working on the nursery. Finished painting, and putting the furniture in. Now the curtains and all other baby stuff.

I am working on the nursery. Finished painting, and putting the furniture in. Now the curtains and all other baby stuff.

Hey you

Not bad thank you hun, tired!!
My lil one 4 weeks now has gained 2lb since birth but also has colic - screaming baby that cannot be calmed :growlmad:

Nursery bit is so fun, what else have you got?

Jannah any update ?

Hello ladies
I gave birth to Rayan on April 3.
I was in pre labor on Tuesday 40+1 week and went to hosp they didn't admit me and send me home as I was only 1.5 cm dialated and apparently weak contractions. I stayed up 4 nights in pain until I saw my OB for my Visit to discuss induction....well NST showed contractions were far and not strong while I kept saying they will kill me..Noone believed me!
Ultrasound showed fluid was okay. ..
Baby was around 9pounds!
OB saw me n did the cervix check..I was 5 cm dialated and she got wheelchair and rushed Me to labor and delivery..I got epidural an hour later..3 hours after that I was 10cm.ready to push...believe it or not my contractions were either coming in clusters and other times 7 to 10 min apart and they didn't have high peak like they would Like to see but I was ready to push in Less than 5hrs...they broke my water when I was 7cm dialated...Baby heart rate on NST was declining multiple times and they kept changing my positions...
I pushed for 5min but baby wasn't liking it and dr is like as new mom you may push for hrs but we dunt Wana risk baby so we would like to do emergency c section...so I ended up going thru natural delivery plus c section...cord was wrapped around his leg and his head was stuck in my pelvis...even during surgery they had difficulty getting him out...that's y he had heart rate dropping...such a scary moment! !
both baby and I m doing ok. I have a long recovery to go thru buy luckily oh has been very supportive in last 3 weeks n he is off 2 more weeks...
Rayan birth weight was 7.5 pounds and I am loving each sec with him...ob told me for future pregnancies to go with c section rt away because I have small pelvic area...
phoenix: colic babies r alot of work!!
How r u tatemp?

UOTE=Phoenix82;35245801]

Hey you

Not bad thank you hun, tired!!
My lil one 4 weeks now has gained 2lb since birth but also has colic - screaming baby that cannot be calmed :growlmad:

Nursery bit is so fun, what else have you got?

Jannah any update ?[/QUOTE]

Congratulations Jannah, sorry you had to go through all that, but glad you and baby are Okay.

Hang in there phoenix, this to will pass.

I'm doing good, going on a vacation in two weeks, I'm looking forward to that.

Congrats Jannah

Tatemp ohhh exciting where are you off to anywhere nice?? X

Congratulations Jannah sorry you had a rough time but glad to hear your both doing well! Any pics of little man?
Tatemp can't believe your in the last trimester that's gone so quick :)
Phoenix I hope Ameilas colic settles for you soon I know it can be hard but it will go!
X

I'm good thanks jannah, how are you? we all seem to of gone quiet now our little ones are here they do keep us busy lol.
Phoenix how are you sweetie?
Tatemp how's your pregnancy going?
Well My little one will be 6 months old at the end of this month crazy to think he's halfway through his first year already and he'll soon be celebrating his 1st birthday later on in the year! A few friends of mine are pregnant and believe it or not it makes me slightly broody haha I must be crazy then I think about all the pain I experienced giving birth and i realise it's not plain sailing lol! Me and oh have discussed and we would like to try for baby #3 next year at some point we would really like a girlie (we have 2 boys) but have decided we would (hopefully) like 4 kids in total I came from a small family and I always wanted a big family but not too big so 4 is our maximum so I'm hoping with the next two chances, we get our girlie although my oh even likes the idea of having his own football team (as he jokes) and having all boys! Men for you! As long as they are healthy who cares....Hope your all well including baby Ameila and baby Rayan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->