2014 April Rainbows

Actually we won't be attending the wedding. It's in Minnesota and they're having the wedding at a camp ground. We don't think having a 5 month old and going would be a good idea.

Hope everyone is doing well - it is so quiet around here! I guess we are all busy now tat our little ones are getting active! Lucy is all over the place! She is a pro at tummy time, can roll over from belly to back, loves to be pulled up into a sitting position (her neck is so strong!) and likes to be sitting up so she can see what is going on. She seems to have discovered her feet in the last few days and has kicked everything off the changing table a number of times and has been using her legs in the activity gym to kick everything! Plus she has her little fists up in the air waving around like crazy all the time! She had been batting, grabbing and holding things for the last week or so.

We took her swimming for the first time and she seemed pretty into it. It was hard to tell because she is always so serious the first few times she does something! But no crying, so I guess that means it was good!

We are going to Gymboree classes once a week which is really fun. You guys should check them out if you have one in your area. Pricy, but worth it!

I have been doing pretty good - I feel like I am non stop these days. I find myself bouncing Lucy to sleep for hours each day - naps can be hard, but we usually get 3-4 of them out of her a day. At least one will take place in the sling while I bounce - the whole time. My legs are buring by the end of the day! I lost another 3.5kgs, so I feel like I am on the right track weight loss wise. I have just 6.5 left to go until I am at a comfortable weight, then 2-3kg more to feel really good!

I gave up on the whole babysitter thing. Somedays I feel like I need help, but most days I feel pretty good about everything!

How is everyones nights going? My 'goal' is to get her to sleep by 7:30, but usually it actually happens around 8:30. Lucy usually has a longer period of sleep at the start of the night (anywhere from 4-7 hours, but usually more like 4-5) then gets up every 3 hours after that. Usually I have 2 wake ups, and she gets up between 6:30 and 7:30 - sometimes she will go right down after her morning feed, but if she wants to play, it usually only lasts for about 30 minutes before she is ready for her first 'nap' of the day. That morning one is usually the longest nap of the day, although she has surprised me with some killer afternoon ones as well in the last few weeks.

All is well here! It has been really quiet on here lately. Busy times with the little ones :)

Luke is a pro at rolling over and can hold his head up really well. He's not a fan of tummy though! He's looking more at his mobile and toys and does lots of cooing at them. He hasn't made a grab for them yet though. He does lots of kicking as well, especially in the bath...loves making splashes.

I feel like I'm non stop too. My oh works 12 hour days with a 1 hour commute each way, so the time he can spend with Luke is minimal some days. It's a fairly new job and he was hired as casual, call-in which means he's not on a set schedule. Thankfully he's off for the next two days because he worked so many days straight.

Luke is pretty consistent with night time sleep. He generally sleeps 10 hours without waking. He's usually asleep by 8-9:30 pm and doesn't wake until 6-7:30 am. I'm sooo thankful for that, especially because he naps very little during the day. He will take 3 naps a day, but won't stay asleep any longer then 20-30 minutes each nap. Very rarely, he will pull off a 2 hour nap during the day. Those days it's like Christmas morning! lol. I'm grateful for a good night sleep, but it's very hard to get anything done during the day!

Wow that sleep sounds amazing! I am a but jealous! But all day with no real naps are a nightmare. Those days happen over hear sometimes and i usually want to pull my hair out! 20 minute ones are the worst! I'll always just be getting into something (hands in dough making bread or in the sink washing dishes) and she will start wailing!

I think i jinxed myself again.... we have been up since 4am! this little demon has been thrashing, cooing, pulling the covers off us and in a happy little mood! oh dear! nearly 7am now - trying to bounce her back to sleep!

With Amber this last week I'm lucky if I can get her in bed by 10:45 pm! She was in bed by 10 pm for almost a month, but then all of a sudden with this last growth spurt she's decided to change things up on us. She still only gets us up once for a feeding, which has been between 1:30 and 5 am (she was a 5 am'er for several weeks...again, this growth spurt!).

With having to go back to work in a week I'm trying to figure out milk storage as she eats everything I produce (which isn't much...we usually supplement with about 8 oz of formula a day). We will be having her do two half days at the day care lady's house this coming week to help transition her into day care. I'm sooooo going to be a crying mess without her around.

We finally got a play mat with all of the toys for her to play with. She's been enjoying it a lot. For several weeks though she has been a crazy leg kicker, found her feet maybe 2 weeks ago. Last week was finding her hands in her mouth. This week she's been slightly more "talkative".

We have my sister's college graduation party to go to tomorrow and it's suppose to be hot and humid. Hopefully people won't find it rude that I'll be taking her inside a LOT to cool her off. I'll also be bringing some wet wash clothes to help keep her cool.

Hope everyone else is doing well! I think with knowing I have to go back to work I lost the "work out" mentality and have been eating myself out of house and home. Ah depression...or at least anxiety.

I also have to watch out that lucy doesn't overheat... not rude at all to take her in and turn on the AC!

Thought i would add a pic of lucy at the pool the other day - too cute!

Attachments

• IMG249.jpg
    IMG249.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 3
Cute pic. :) She looks so content just lounging.

Today has been a really, REALLY hard day for me. We started Amber in daycare today (half days) to help with the transition of me going back to work next week Monday. I haven't cried as much as I have today in a long time. I asked the woman watching her how often new mom's cry when they drop off their babies for the first time and she said about 75% of them.

I've also been dealing with some emotional stuff in association to both of my parents. This week for the 4th I'll be going back up to my mom's house to continue the cleaning process in relation to their personal items. I also just canceled their cell phone, which was really hard to do.

But if anything, the positive thing is that DH will be picking Amber up in about two hours and I'll be able to see her smiling face once again. :)

Attachments

• me and amber.jpg
    me and amber.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 2
Oh, and to top off our night...a storm went through around 5:30 pm and knocked down two of our awesome trees. The one could have caused a ton of damage if it weren't for our pergola in the front. It did cause some roof damage above Amber's room, but luckily she's still sleeping in our room. We just have headaches now as a result.

Vietmamsie- Lucy is just adorable :) I take it she's been "swimming" before? If she has, how does she like the water? Luke has a pool party to attend in a couple of weeks. He loves the bath, but I'm not sure how he will react to colder pool water...

Karina- it's understandable that Amber's first time at daycare was hard. I bet most moms cry! I'll definitely be in that 75%

Sorry to hear about the storm damage and also having to go through your parents belongings. That has to be very hard. I'm glad you have Amber's smile to cheer you up. It's amazing how one look at their little faces can make our hearts happier.

Great picture of you two by the way :)

Luke had his first vaccinations today. 1 needle in each leg. He was so upset by it and it just broke my heart to have to hold his legs down while having the needles. My oh was working so my mom came along with us. Unfortunately she was worse then me and actually covered her eyes! Lol. He settled down after a while, but he's been a little more fussy and sleepy then usual, which I'm told is normal.

Here's a picture of my little man celebrating Canada Day :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 3
Love all the pictures!

Lucy is a water baby - think it comes from living a womb with so much excess water! She loves the bath and is warming up to the pool. We have only actually been in twice, but there hasn't been any crying. The first few times she does anything she is really serious, so we are still at that stage. We will go on a beach trip next week, so she will get more pool time there! We have float for her too which should be fun!

Anyone else having car issues? Since we live in Vietnam and just take taxis, Lucy just goes in a carrier or sling when we go in the car. She cries her eyes out every other time. Its bad - like gives me a migraine and she passes out for two hours after and I just feel so bad. I swear off going out after every bad trip. I just don't know what to do, I have tied it ALL - nursing, hugging, singing, bouncing, putting her on my legs... nothing works!

Kasey - cute pic!

Vietmamsie - my husband had a rough ride with Amber this ast weekend. I was driving a different vehicle than him, and per him he said she cried 80% of the time....it's a 5 hour drive normally. We felt so bad for her. Normally she doesn't mind the rides.

And Amber has been fussy like crazy the last few days. We're not sure what's going on. When's also spitting up a little more than normal so we're thinking it's stomach related.

Well I started back to work yesterday. It was hard, overwhelming. My stress knot in my shoulder hates me. Amber did well with daycare yesterday which was a good thing. Today is the first day I haven't cried in a long time.

Just sucks that the last 12 weeks felt like they didn't happen. :(. I'm so jealous of you all who get more than 12 weeks for maternity leave.

Vietmamsie- Luke enjoys car rides...as long as someone is in the backseat with him! He generally falls asleep in the car, but if he happens to wake up he doesn't like to be in the backseat alone. I'm thinking it's because he can't see us with the rear facing car seat and maybe gets lonely. When that happens, he cries so hard. Many times I've had to get out back with him while oh drives. Going somewhere with him in the car on my own can be challenging. I've had to stop the car and get in the backseat for a few mins to calm him down and let him know I'm there. Other then that he doesn't mind the car at all.

Karina- I'm glad to hear amber did well at daycare. I really feel for you having to go back to work so soon!

I find that Luke goes through fussy spurts as well and then goes back to his happy self. He spits up A LOT! All part of his reflux I guess. He goes through tons of clothes and bibs in the run of a day! Thankfully it doesn't seem to bother him at all.

Question- who has gotten their periods back and when did it return? I'm 11 weeks pp now and no sign of AF

I still haven't had aunt flow return, which I am fine with. I know a few women in the mom's group I attended had it return at various time (e.g. 8 wks pp, 11 mos pp). Some of the women in the group are already pregnant again, and their babies are less than 5 months old.

We are thinking maybe we'll try for baby #2 in 2 years. We'll see though.

I got the depo shot at my 6 week check up, and started bleeding (an actual flow, definitely not spotting) 10 days after, and ive been bleeding now for almost 3 weeks. Count your blessings ladies, this is awful ;)

Oh no! I am so sorry you all have your periods back! I am not looking forward to that! I am hoping that by EBFing, I will keep it at bay for at least a year, but maybe that is wishful thinking!

The car ride went really well! There was some crying at the start, but then she fell asleep! On the way back she was great the whole drive until we were about 5 minutes from home! I was working the whole trip (playing with her and entertaining her when she wasn't sleeping) but it was all fine in the end!

My in-laws left last night. I was sad to see them go (some extra hands are always welcome) but it was also nice to resume normal life and do NOTHING for a day!

As for going back to work - I would not have been able to go back at 12 weeks. DH and I had talked about me taking a year off of work (unpaid, I quit my job at 7 months pg) but now that Lucy is here, we are talking about me being a SAHM longer. I just need to have a small income on the side (I have a few little projects in the works) but living in Vietnam, we can totally do a one income household. Life is just so cheap here!

Hope all is well with everyone! Been quiet here lately.

No news with us really. Luke is doing well and growing so fast! He went through a little spurt recently where he was waking at night and not settling unless we took him in our bed. That seems to have passed now and I'm still not really sure what the cause of his restlessness was.

Anyone else's lo's drooling excessively? Luke is drooling so much lately. He has to wear a bib at all times, except when sleeping of course.

We have a major drooler on our hands as well! I am glad I'm not the only one with some sleep issues going on. for the past 5 days or so Lucy has been waking at her two normal times, but then waking evert hour or so wanting to feed/suck until I 'wake up' and finally get out of bed (around 6-7am). Basically from about 2am on I'm not getting much sleep. On the flip side naps have been a breeze! I figure it will pass and in the mean time I need to try to go to sleep a little earlier.

Lucy has ben a total doll as usual so all is well! She is a happy baby about 95% of the time! I feel very lucky!

Oh.... We are dealing with a pretty bad diaper rash. She also has some rashes from the heat on her arms/chest. We are in disposable diapers full time right now which is a bummer... she is slathered in so much cream, I don't want to risk wrecking my cloth ones! Lots of naked time and creams are helping... hopefully it is gone soon, but the doctor said it could be as long as 2 weeks!

How has the sleeping been going Vietmamsie? Hope her sleep...and yours...has improved since your last post!

Luke has a diaper rash as well that we've been trying to get rid of for a while now. It started about 4 weeks ago shortly after his viral infection. He was having frequent bowel movements when he was sick and I think thats what got the diaper rash started. It started to get better, but never completely healed. A nurse who had a look thought it might have developed into a yeast infection so we brought him to the dr and got a prescription cream. Luckily it was never very bad to began with and it hasn't seemed to bother him, but it has been slow to heal!

Luke continues to sleep well at night, but napping is getting harder. He fights taking naps and wakes up after 15-20 mins. I can tell he's still tired too. I have no idea what to do about it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"