2014 IVFs!

barbikins

Mom to DD (RIP) & DS
Reaction score
I've got my IVF in January of 2014.
In the mean time I'm waiting for my surgery on December 13th to tie up my tubes for IVF (I have hydro tubes) & just waiting, waiting, waiting!

I am going to my RE tomorrow to find out about my IVF protocol & costs.

What's everyone else doing while they wait for the new year to start IVF?

Hi barbikins,

I'm also starting my first IVF with ICSI in Jan 2014! It has been 2 years just to get to this point, with all the testing and retesting! During which time, I was diagnosed with hypothyrodism which can also affect fertility. My partner has 2% morphology factor.

Im so looking forward to it! I thought I better go for my annual pap so all that is sorted before I commence (as have had prior cervical dysplasia issues the last 12mths) treatment and the GP found a cervical polyp, WTF! So, now going back to the FS to get this checked out (as may interfere with IVF) and fingers crossed my pap will come back normal! It just seems such an ordeal even to get to the starting line!!

My FS has suggested antagonist cycle with 112.5iu Gonal f. In the meantime I am trying to keep busy with work, started pilates and yoga which I found great for stress! What about you?

Hi ladies. I'll be going for our follow up on nov 21st to see what our next step is and when we can do ivf. I just had a lap done to completely block off my left tube. It's was hydrosalpinx. Dh also has 2 % morphology so we were recommended for ivf/ICsi after I got the tube taken care of.

I'm excited to get the ball rolling but I've never taken an fertility meds or done any iui's or anything so I'm sooo nervous about injectables. I got on youtube to see how it's done and it eased my mind alittle but geez I'm not looking forward to that part of it.

Hi ladies. I'll be going for our follow up on nov 21st to see what our next step is and when we can do ivf. I just had a lap done to completely block off my left tube. It's was hydrosalpinx. Dh also has 2 % morphology so we were recommended for ivf/ICsi after I got the tube taken care of.

I'm excited to get the ball rolling but I've never taken an fertility meds or done any iui's or anything so I'm sooo nervous about injectables. I got on youtube to see how it's done and it eased my mind alittle but geez I'm not looking forward to that part of it.

Hey hun! Wow I have a lap on December 13th to take out my tubes. I have hydrosaphinx on both sides too! Thankfully DH is great & everything else about my body seems to be in tip top shape. The cycle after surgery, I'll start the IVF process. I'm excited to start that.

When is surgery for you?

I have done IUI a few times, been pregnant twice.
So I hope that IVF is the solution!
The fact that we have to inject ourselves freaks me the hell out. I may ask my hubby to be the designated needle person.

My DH and I will be doing our 2nd round of IVF/ICSI/PGD next year, probably around Sep/Oct.

Barb - I thought the injection were going to be bad but you can hardly feel it. I have to take Clexane while pregnant and they are painful :( You will be fine :) My DH is scared of needles so I had no hope asking him :haha:

Same here I don't think dh is going to be any help when it comes to injectables.

We had my lap on nov 6th and am recovering just fine we had our follow up on nov21st and because dh's SA came back better this last time she is going to let us try 1-3 cycles of clomid w tigger shot first before we get to ivf. Mostly because I pushed for it. Honestly I'm trying avoid the shots especially the intramuscular ones they look horrible she said at any point we can just straight to ivf if we'd like. She'd actually prefer it but I'm not ready just yet. I think well see how the first iui goes and then decide.

The only thing really holding us back right now is the possibility of twins. Which we could eliminate by only putting one embryo back but if that doesn't take the first time then that could get expensive real quick.

Are you both planing to put two embryos back?

I think I'd still be freaked out about the needles. YIKES!!!

I will be putting back only one embryo. Two reasons. One is my doctor feels b/c everything else looks good we have a high chance with just one embryo. The other is that multiples are risky for pregnancy...mother & baby.
I went into preterm labour with my daughter at 31 weeks. My sac tore. Anyway doctors classify me as 'high risk' now so it would be too risky for me to carry more than one baby. PLUS we just can't afford twins. Not gunna happen :)

I think if you feel for it, go for it! So you only removed ONE tube right?
Can you please share your Lap experience with me? I'm terrified :(

Here is Australia we were only allowed to have one embryo put back. Here it depends on your age, I'm 30 and they will only put 2 back if you are 35+.

My doctor wouldn't let me have 2 anyway due to being high risk :( My DH and I would love twins but probably never going to happen.

Hi all:howdy:
Can I join the thread? :flower:
I have started dr today for fet in jan. Hoping to put 2 embryos back.

Oh good so glad to hear you two are only putting one back. When we get to ivf we will def only put one back for all the same reasons. I don't want to be high risk and we really don't want twins.

Welcome to the group bundlesofjoy, that's so exciting. Is this your first fet?

Barbikins, I much admit I was soooo afraid of getting a lap so much that I denied that I needed it for almost a year but now that I have done it and have recovered perfectly I have no clue what the heck I was so afraid. She did only remove ONE tube, the left one. the pain was so minimal I only took Motrin and even that I only took for3-4 days. My biggest problem is that I'm a side sleeper and I couldn't sleep on either side for 3-4 days. I had 3 incisions. One in the belly button, one on my bikini line and one to the left side and they were super super small, like a hole punch. The stitches were good for a about a week until they started dissolving and then they were just yucky until it completely dissolved and started drying up.

This was actually one of the easiest surgeries I have had after having surgery for a deviated septum and a previous d&c to treat my cervical stenosis the lap was pretty easy. I had my surgery on a Wednesday and by Saturday I was feeling like I could be up and walk around alittle but nothing too strenuous and by Monday I was back to work. You def don't want to drive for a couple days as the twisting won't be fun but I'm sure you could if you had too.

You probably want to eat soft foods for the first day after surgery and you def don't want to eat anything that will make you gassy. They fill your belly up with alittle gas so they can see everything and I was expecting to be bloated afterwards but surprisingly I wasn't. She warned me I might get some shoulder pain from the gas but instead I got it in my jaw like really tender but it went away pretty quick.

Honestly, I wish I hadn't waited so long. It was silly how worried I was.

Thanks sprite30 I did not have an easy time with the lap I have a tilted cervix so after two very painful attempts they gave up:nope:
Yes this is my first fet cycle

Sprite thats really comforting to hear
Thank you so Much for sharing. I am so nervous. In denial for now lol
11 days to go!

Hi Ladies, hope I can join in. I am ttc from Jan 2012. Would be moving to IVF around next Feb.

Can I join? Starting IVF in January, got to phone on cd1 and then baseline scan Will get arranged, not clear on drug schedule yet.
Going for a hysteroscopy and d&c to remove as polyp, bit nervous, but sure I will be fine. Booked tomorrow as sick hope to be fit on Thursday to work from home.

I'd like to join. Hoping for my first IVF in 2014. I am considering natural or mini ivf. My husband and I first started TTC in March of 06! Here's to 2014!

I'd like to join. Hoping for my first IVF in 2014. I am considering natural or mini ivf. My husband and I first started TTC in March of 06! Here's to 2014!

I had read about mini ivf. Yayyy and wishes to 2014.

Hi coolstar :flower:
Hi nobump how did the hsg go today?
Hi bkrispy I have never heard if a mini ivf what is it?

Hi bundlesofjoy , its so nice to connect with you ladies !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->