2014 January Rainbows

Congrats Emmy !!!

Rachel no BH here but I get a stomach ache every now and then but I think it's just bc my stomach is pushed up at least it feel that way

When are we supposed to begin counting kicks?

Young thanks Hun, I'm sure we'll figure something out it just pissed me off she called so soon but am calmer now

Ivan has quiet days too and then there are days he moves tons, I worry too but am glad I got my Doppler to hear him in there I wonder if it's the way he's positioned ?

Lucy- I was told between 28-30 weeks. I think I'll do some research on it and see what I find.

That's what I think too sometimes...maybe she's facing with her face towards my back, so the kicks and stuff don't get felt as easily... :shrug: hmm...

Young it could be I have an apt on Thursday so I'll ask the dr then too

I feel so tired this morning I'm taking a long nap after work today, I said I would clean the area where the crib is going but I need some sleep :) I can do a bit after my nap

We are meant to start keeping an eye on kicks from 28 weeks, but my midwife just said if you think it's quiet count them for an hour, if you don't feel anything at all for 12 hours then go straight to a&e, if you feel less than usual then have a cold drink and lie on left side and count for an hour, any change should be reported but as we get further on the baby will move less as they run out of room.

I think the baby gets in certain positions where I can feel him less too, like his back is against me and limbs are going in towards my body.

I havnt had any braxton hicks what do they feel like?

Emmy that's the hard part mine is pretty quiet he's had two quiet days some movement but not much then today it's been almost none stop :) but I've used the a Doppler and can hear him moving in there well didn't need it today LOL

No BH's for me yet. I'm bigger so I'm thinking maybe that's why I don't feel them. But I don't mind not feeling them! :)

No BH for me yet either! I had what I thought was BH a little earlier on (maybe 20 weeks??) in the middle of the night but it hasn't happened since.

Lyndzo you look great!!

I had a massage this morning and feel so relaxed right now. I hope it lasts.

So I never got a call after my 3 hour GD test, DH says that means I'm in the clear.
I have my U/S on Thursday to check my fluids and I've got fingers crossed for that. I've been drinking lots of water.

Pretty sure I have yet another UTI though. Heading to the clinic in the AM. Anyone else feels like when it rains it pours? :\

Lyndzo I sure do :(

I have a headache, I'm crampy and feeling some pressure ooh and to add am super tired am about an hour away from getting off work so I can lay down ooh and to top it off the woman that was supposed to help out while am pregnant is just causing stress

Yep when it rains it freakin pours :(

Lyndzo- sorry about the possible UTI..those are just awful!!

AFM- HAPPY 28 WEEKS TO ME! :wohoo:

Question: Are any of you ladies having a racing heart/heart palpitations/shortness of breath??

I have to walk 15 minutes from where my car is parked to get to my office building. The walk seems torturous to me. By the time I reach the building, it takes all of my strength to get up those stairs. by time i sit down, I'm completely out of breath...I wasn't in GREAT shape before pregnancy, but I could definitely do the walk and stairs no problem. Then last night, I got up to use the restroom, laid back down and my pulse was 150.... 150!! That can't be normal..I'm not preeclamptic, nor do I have GD....should I call the OB?

Young happy 28 weeks !!!!

I get short of breath going up a flight of steps or walking to far to fast but I do have HBP you should def call your OB just to be safe IMO

Awe Lucy I hope you feel better!

I just got back from the clinic, I do have another UTI. Round 3 of antibiotics. I know that I have to take them to get better, I just worry that having to take antibiotics repeatedly will hurt my little one. I know I'm probably worrying for nothing but it just sucks.

I, luckily, have not had to take any medicines this pregnancy. I understand your worry Lyndzo. Anything unnatural like that worries me...but if the doctor gave it to you, then it must be okay. There must be enough studies that show it doesn't effect baby much at all. The inportant thing is it rid yourself of that UTI!! That's a bigger problem than the use of meds IMO :)

Happy 28 weeks Young!! I haven't had any trouble with a racing heart but I am finding it a lot more difficult to do the amount of activity I used to.

Sorry about your UTI Lyndzo :(

Happy 28 weeks young- I'm one day behind you :happydance:
I would definitely call your ob. High heart rate can be a sign of lots of things- best be safe than sorry.
I'm tired too and definitely more short of breath. Baby has moved up under ribs now though- he especially likes kicking my right ribs- so uncomfortable. Everyone keeps telling me my bump is 'neat' but it's just because he's going up as far as possible before going out! I swear one day my abs are gonna give in and I'll have a massive prego belly!!!
I scanned baby at work today. It's so much more fun now he's bigger. He's definitely still a boy!!!
Hope everyone is doing good xxx

Young I get out of breath easily since beimg pregnant but recently I have been getting short of breath and dizzy just when I'm talking or standing still. It feels horrible like I'm going to faint. When it happens I sit down and try and get my feet up above my heart. But it's hard to do at work. If it continues I think I will mention to my midwife next week. But I think it's just cus out lungs have less room and our hearts are having to work harder, we are pumping around 50% more blood!

Lyndzo sorry you have another UTI but antibiotics are better than the effect of leaving it untreated

I woke up feeling like I was either beat up or hit by a car pain every where :( I had what I think we're BH most of the night couldn't get comfy and kept waking up, my back was killing me luckily Ivan was happily moving around so felt better but def going to mention it to my dr tom
My sweet hubby let me sleep, I usually wake up to make him breakfast before he leaves to work, but the last few days I've been to tired to wake up
I have a feeling its going to just get worse

Rachel lucky that you get to scan at work :)

I have my ultrasound in an hour. FX for good fluid levels!

Had quite a bad week so far. It's bad but I've stressed about the fluids and the UTI issue for weeks now. I was glad that I got my antibiotics for the UTI yesterday, but then I get home and I have a weird message from the nurse at my OB office "Your test results came back, she wants you to take something". UHH.. which results? I am assuming the UTI test she did 9 days ago, which means it never left. I've been calling (and visited to try and talk to another nurse!) for the last 24 hours and haven't heard back. They don't know what prescription I am supposed to be given. So instead of stressing I decided to keep taking what the walk-in doctor gave me until the lazy woman (she's working from home and obviously isn't checking messages) finally decides to call me back. I'm assuming they will put me on something else but I didn't want to leave untreated and the antibiotics I have are actually helping :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->