2014 January Rainbows

Emmy- did you try swaddling jaxson? Any sleep last night?!
Alexander slept from 12-3 last night, that's the longest sleep iv had in 4 weeks!! Of course once he woke up at 3 that was it, no more sleep!!

Update!

2cm dilated, 50% effaced. She did a sweep hoping to kick start things. However, I'm being induced starting tomorrow!! WOOHOO!

That's great lyndzo, hope it all goes ok. Can't wait for news on baby Quinn xxx

Rachel the swaddlers arrived today so I'm going to try it tonight! Last night was good! My breast feeding pillow ties together to make a baby nest and it's all soft and cushioned so I put Jaxson in that and he feels like he is being held. We put him inbetween us in the bed like that, I know they say not to have him in the bed but there's no danger of him moving or us rolling onto him cus he is inside that. He slept from 1.30 till about 4.30 it was amazing! We all got to sleep for a few hours :happydance:

Lyndzo I hope you have your little girl now xx

I check in at the hospital in just over an hour to have the Cervidil gel inserted. FX it works quickly!

Stalking for lyndzo news!!
How's everyone doing and all the gorgeous babies?

I'm stalking too….

Emmett is doing great. He's back to eating every hour again in the day, ugh. But he had a check up yesterday and is doing really well. He weighed in at 11lbs 5oz which puts him just over the 50th percentile for his age and around 85th percentile if you factor in that he was early. Very exciting news for me :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

I'm stalking too, I hope she has her little girl now!

I can't believe we all have our babies it's crazy! Bit sad we aren't pregnant anymore :cry: it was such a special time.

Last few days I have been tearful for no reason, anyone else felt like this? I'm hoping its just hormones! My mom left on Monday and had to go back to her house which is 5 hours away from us so that got me really upset. Sometimes I get a bit scared, it's such a big change and a lot to get used to! I'm anxious about OH going back to work next week aswell, he has been amazing I'm worried I can't do it by myself!

Emmy you can do it. I felt the same way with both my kids. It's definitely a big change and has it's ups and downs, but there is definitely way more ups!
I was also teary the first week. I was crying when I was happy and sad! It should pass soon.

Lyndzo hope you're doing well!!!

Sorry for the late reply - busy new mom here!

Quinn arrived at 6:03pm on January 22nd via C-section. 9lbs 3oz and 20. inches long!

The gel induction on Tuesday worked quickly, I was contracting when I left and by 8pm I was in labour. I made it until 1am at home and was in so much pain we headed back to the hospital. I was 4cm dilated and contractions 2-3 minutes apart.

Long story short, after 24 hours of being in labour I only progressed to 8cm. The doctor said she just would not fit through my canal and her head was an issue. (It sure was - she came out with a massive cone head. It's pretty much gone now!)

My epidural kept wearing off, they kept increasing and eventually said I was becoming resistant. I was in pain towards the end and shivering violently, I don't remember a lot at the end until they took me in for the spinal for the c-section. I remember clearly when she was pulled out and while I was being stitched up, but the spinal took over and the violent shivers were back. I remember holding her and having my parents come in after but I kept passing in and out.

Labour was a very tough experience, especially to end in a C-section. But of course she is worth it. I love her to bits!

Here's my little Quinn! :)

Attachments

• quinn1.jpg
    quinn1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
  • quinn2.jpg
    quinn2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 0
Awww Lyndzo congratulations she is gorgeous! Look at her chubby cheeks! Sorry you had a difficult labour but at least she is here now! :hugs:

We have all done it! :happydance:

Congrats lyndzo. Glad you both got through it safely, sounds like you had a really tough time. It's amazing we all have our babies!! It's hard to remember the scary 1st tri and all the difficulty ttc now. I'm so happy for us all. Hope the other ladies who first joined the thread had their babies too.
So now we're all mummies we can share sleepless nights, uncontrolled emotions and chewed up nipples!!'

Quinn is gorgeous lyndzo. Are you home? Hope you're doing ok after the surgery x

Hi to everyone, how are the babies? Anyone getting any sleep.....because I'm not!!!

I'm really struggling with the no sleep and feeling quite tearful still :cry: I don't want OH to go back to work next week I feel really anxious

Last night Jaxson hardly slept, it sounded like he had a really stuffy nose, he sounds like a little pig grunting away, have any of you experienced this? And used one of those nasal aspiratiors? I have one I just don't know if I should use it.

Alexander is still not sleeping well at all. I'm lucky if I get 3 hours spread out over the night. I'm struggling too Emmy. I can also sympathise about oh going to work- I found it hard as I couldn't catch up with sleep in the day. Everyone keeps telling me it will get better with time so I'm just waiting it out!!!
Got a good book 'your baby week by week' it's great at giving little tips and saying what to expect but without being strict or judgey!
I've not used a nasal aspiration Emmy so can't really help. Can you call mw or hv?? Are you getting visits now/ some support? Can your oh take more time off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->