2014 January Rainbows

Thanks Rachel, glad I'm not the only one! I get about 3 hours spread out over the night too and I can't nap in the day cus Jaxson won't let me put him down to sleep. I spose we all just have to survive. I know he is only little but Jaxson still won't go in his Moses basket so he is still in bed with us. It worries me so I ordered a co sleeper cot that attaches to the side of our bed to see if this helps whilst still being safe.

The hv is coming to see me on Tuesday so I will let it all out to her! Do you get tearful? I know it's early days but I feel so guilty for crying it makes me even more anxious!

OH can't take anymore time off unfortunately, he is a teacher like me so he only gets 2 weeks, if things get bad when he goes back to work then I will go and stay with my mom for a bit but that's really a last resort cus she lives 5 hours away xx

I get tearful, I cry a lot. What they said about day 3 being the hardest was right for me. I kept crying yesterday. I think being sore from the C-section and being tired also attributes to this.

I think I am very lucky on sleep. We feed every 3 hours on a schedule and so I get 2 hours of stretches inbetween to sleep. Unless she wakes up with a diaper, which doesn't happen a lot yet, either DH and I get up for that.

Congrats Lyndzo!! Quinn is beautiful. I love the cheeks :)

Emmett is finally giving me 5 hours stretches once a night. Thank goodness. After going through the sleepless nights twice now I promise you ladies it gets better. I know it's hard to hear now, but it really does. Seems like I get a few good nights and then a bad night now....which is better than every night being a bad night! Coffee is still my best friend though.

Emmy I don't have any experience with the aspirator but Carter was really snotty when he was that little. We used saline drops and it worked really well. We'd put about 2 drops in and he'd sneeze a bunch of snot out...lovely :)
It's nice to hear you can spend some time with your mom if you have to. Our family is so far away, we're on our own.

Speaking of family....I am so mad and need to vent. My parents live about a 3 hr plane ride away from us and came to visit just after my first was born. They have been to visit when both my brother's kids were born (he lives away from home as well). I asked them when they were coming to meet Emmett and they responded saying that they hadn't even though of it....how rude is that!??!?! I can't believe they wouldn't have even considered that they should come and meet him. I am so offended. I think it's the mama bear instincts kicking in but I am SO MAD!!! Even if they had told me they were thinking in a few months that would've been better than no plan at all. ARGH! Ugh, thanks for the vent.

Hope everyone else and the littles are all doing well.

Megan that's really good that you get 5 hour stretches now, there is hope for us yet!! 5 hours is considered sleeping through the night in my book.

Sorry I meant a saline nasal spray is what I have, a calpol one, sorry my brain doesn't work :coffee: I havnt used it yet but I will ask the health visitor on Tuesday cus Jaxson has sneezed quite a few times so maybe it is blocked up :shrug: I will see how it goes tonight.

Lyndzo that is good that your getting some sleep, recovering from a c section must make it twice as hard. I'm not happy you are crying but I am glad I'm not a weirdo and it's ok to feel like this :hugs: hormones!!!

I'm feel tearful too Emmy. Half of it is the stress of trying to look like I've got it all together!! I think it's mostly due to the sleep deprivation.
Megan/ 5 hours- that's amazing, I can only imagine!! How rude of your family- think I would be offended too! DHs folks are flying over from Norway next week and that's been booked for months.

Yeah how can they not want to meet their new grandson?? Seems really odd! I would be mad too. Maybe they just wanted to give you some time and said the wrong thing. You would think they would at least make a plan :hugs:

Emmy- how are u today? Is this the first day with your hubby at work? How did jaxson like the swaddlers?
Alexander didn't go to sleep in his cot till 2:30am then woke at 4:30!! After that he would only sleep on me again. I'm googling all the tricks in the book today for some sleep help!!

Oh my gosh Rachel he is SO cute! Remind me how many weeks he is??

Emmett has been really alert and awake in the evenings lately. I've read it's really normal at this age but it is definitely at it's worst! He won't settle and is really fussy from about 6-10 or 11 every evening. He wants to eat constantly but then is really fussy while feeding. The only thing that makes him happy is bouncing and cuddles....so DH and I take turns, haha. Then around 10 or 11 he just falls asleep and that's it....so weird!

Yeah how can they not want to meet their new grandson?? Seems really odd! I would be mad too. Maybe they just wanted to give you some time and said the wrong thing. You would think they would at least make a plan :hugs:

I know, right?! You would think they would be excited about meeting him. They had plans made months prior with all of the other 3 grandkids. Ugh!

Hope you had a better night!! :flower:

Good to know about the saline drops. Quinn woke up very snotty this morning, we used the nasal aspirator but still seems a bit stuffy!

Megan- he's 5 weeks yesterday. He's doing the same evening thing as Emmett- just not falling to sleep after- haha!!!

6 weeks was the big turning point for night time sleep with us. Hope it's the same for you guys!! Just wait, you'll wake up and feel like your boobs are gonna blow!!

No hubby goes back on Thursday so I have a couple more days as a family!

I tried the swaddlers but oh wow did Jaxson scream when I put one on him! He likes to suck his fingers so he went mad trying to get his hands out! I swear he can do so much for a newborn!

My new co sleeper is coming tomoro so I really hopes that helps https://www.nctshop.co.uk/Arms-Reach-Universal-Co-Sleeper-Bedside-Cot/productinfo/4367/

And here is my Jaxson in his favourite spot!

I know we shouldn't listen to other people's "advice" or get worried about it but eveone keeps saying to me "oooo you shouldn't let him sleep on you or in your bed, you need to stop that, how silly just put him in the Moses basket"

Have they forgotten what babies are like? I am normal arent I? He is so little and wants to be next to me for comfort.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 2
The bed looks good Emmy. Alex hated being swaddled too- just another thing to cross off the 'must be tried' list!! Don't listen to people judging how you get your baby to sleep Emmy. It's so stressful, people can't realise. As long as you safely co-sleep, and the cot you've ordered looks fab, then you're fine. Seems like most of the Americans on this site are encouraged to co-sleep. And I agree, they're so little they just want love and comfort.
Loving the picture!!

Everything I have read says that picking them up when they cry helps them to become independent and confident as they are being reassured.

My grandma is crazy these are some of the this she has said to me so far...

" you should put him out on the balcony he will sleep much better in the cold, I used to put your father in the garden to sleep "

" he sleeps in your bed?? I never had the baby sleep in the same room as me!"

" if they cry I just left them, it's good for them"

" I went in and fed them maybe once a night, I didn't really like it"

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

I just told her I think things have changed in 60 years

Emmy Jaxson is adorable too! Such cute little ones.

My MIL used to like to tell me all her ideas about babies too, haha...she told me I was torturing my first by putting him in a swaddle (he loved it). She also always thought he was too hot and would take blankets off of him when I wasn't looking. Of course he would get cold and start crying. She lives far away though, so the helpful advice is limited :) She's also backed off quite a bit with Emmett.

Yeah don't get me started on the mil! She is old school african so has all these ideas about how to rub his head and shape it and stuff. I just keep away from them as much as possible lol it's so funny how protective I am of him, I just want to scream get off my baby!!

Anyway last night was good, Jaxson slept for 4 hours in a row! So that was nice, keep it up Jaxson!!

Hi ladies :wave:

I have been super busy with work and the going home to help my hubby with Ivan, who is suffering a bit with gas but gas drops seem to help.

I totally hate the unwanted or unsolicited advice. but the one thing that is really getting to me is my MIL. I have never met her as she lives in hubbys home country but we talk all the time and she had gotten to saying that Ivan is her son, I talked to her a few weeks ago and she kept wanted me to agree with her that Ivan was hers. it pissed me off so bad but I talked to my hubby who at first kinda got mad at me for it. but after we talked he had told her not to say that at least not to me
I get that they love him, especially now that they got pics of him and he looks like my FIL it's hilarious, LOL, but I it just makes me mad

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->