2014 January Rainbows

Helena sorry about your spotting, hopefully all is OK! :hugs:

I'm doing good still. Been getting extremely sore boobs the last couple of days (like on a whole new level), so that is reassuring! Also very sleepy :) I'm happy about the symptoms! Getting close to 6 weeks! And 2 weeks 2 days until my first appointment! It can't come fast enough! <3

megan am seriously thinking about doing it like my grandma did it no medical treatment until the birth i got a call back from the ob's private office that they will take me but i have to pay 1500 up front and then 500 a month i don't have that kind of money my hub has been out of work most of the winter and my hours were cut so we are in a bit of a tight spot i am waiting to see what the health department where the ob treats "regular" pregnant woman and see if she will take me there where we would pay half of what she's charging me privately.
you know i wonder what she does if one of those "reguar" women get's GD does she turn them away? i am so upset i have been crying all morning i don't even want to call my hubby bc i know am just going to worry him. i hope that something gets worked out soon i can't travel an hour and a half for apts that's 3 hrs on travel alone :(

Lucy- I am all for the no medical intervention if you can! Have you ever thought about a midwife? They aren't nearly as expensive.

markswife- hope your appointment comes up fast!!

young yes i actually have an apt with one on thursday and i can totally do her charges she qualified us for discounts so we are happy to go with her but my reg doesn't want to go to her bc she is not an obgyn, and they do want me to get the special monitoring but i did tell them that i have other medical issues and they told me that it was fine if i needed extra u/s i would just be charged for them which is fine by me and the do c sections which i was told i would need one since i have had to other surgeries but am willing to try for a normal birth if possible

it upset me bc there are so many women that go to this health department that lie that their husbands abandoned them and they get all the treatment cheap and me that i was honest they want to change me way more it just really got to me but i guess all i can do is wait and see what happens

Lucy - Wow that's expensive! You're right though, a "regular" pregnancy can become more complicated at any point. I'm so surprised an OB would turn you away. The way it works here is that you're covered by a regular doctor unless you have complications, at that point you'd be referred to an OB.

Like Young mentioned, have you thought about a midwife? I tried to get in with one this pregnancy but it's difficult where I live....long wait lists and not enough midwives. I'm still hopeful I'll hear but am going to see my regular doc while i'm waiting.

Good luck to you, I really hope you can get this stuff sorted out soon so it's not as stressful...we have enough to worry about!!

Megan it's looking like am going to be going to the midwife bc am not going to pay that much when I know of other women who don't pay half of that. The nurse called and said there was nothing they could do so am just going to the midwife I have my sugar in control and high blood pressure is fine so am hoping there will be no complications aside from the c section my dr hasn't called back so I guess she had no luck convincing her either

Hey ladies how's everyone? I'm sooooo tired today!
Lucy- I curse the nhs often but reading your comments makes me feel lucky at the moment!

Hey ladies I went in work for a four hr shift came home laid down got up for my next shift and I'm spotting again. I called my ob she said to get off my feet. I think I'm going to end up on bedrest. I get to go see my ob that delivered my son tomorrow hopefully she can let me know what is going on.

Lucy - that's good to hear you can get in with a midwife!

Mojo - sorry to hear you're spotting. Take it easy and good luck at your appointment tomorrow.

I just got back from my confirmation appointment. It all went well. My 12 week scan is booked for June 24th.

Hey ladies how's everyone? I'm sooooo tired today!
Lucy- I curse the nhs often but reading your comments makes me feel lucky at the moment!

I hear ya! I'm very tired today too. Hoping to catch a nap if I can!

Mojo, sorry to hear you are spotting again! Take it easy <3

Rachel, I am soooo tired today too! I just woke up from a 2-3 hour nap! I was out! And still a bit tired!

Mojo hope your able to rest and get some answers tom.

Johnson I guess I not be going to the midwife my dr called the OB which agreed to take me. I will be responsible for extra u/s but that's about it got my apt for Thursday for intake and might be able to be seen at that time too. I see some light at the end of the tunnel. The finance woman was rude but after what my dr did I felt bad turning them down so just going to suck it up and be grateful my baby is going to get the best care possible :)

Thanks everyone I'm relaxing an staying off my feet I hope they can tell me what's going on. I have this feeling bedrest is my future for awhile I can live with that as long as my bean is ok!:)

Lucy - Happy to hear there's some light at the end of the tunnel! Less stress for you :)

Mojo - good luck today!

How is everyone feeling today? I am tired! My LO was up sick last night, first time he's ever thrown up (besides spit up when he was a baby) so it was a long night. He seems to be better this morning so far. Poor little guy.

Mojo- Good luck today!!!

Lucy- Your bean will get the best care!! Glad things are working out for you!!

Megan- OH NO!! hope your LO feels better!!

Hope it's not a bug I heard they are going around ugh.

Yes am calm again lol nausea hit horribly this morning went back to bed and woke up feeling better but honestly I just want to sleep but got things to do people to see lol have a good day hun

Mojo good luck hun

Good luck mojo :hugs:

I am having a scan on Thursday! I'm really worried though cus I will only be 5 weeks 3 days surely she won't be able to see anything?? If they can't see anything they are going to repeat it next week when I'm 6 weeks. But I will really panic if they can't see anything, I'm scared its all going to be over and I don't want it to be

Good luck today Mojo!!! :hugs:

Emmy, I'm sure everything will go well Thursday! :) They should be able to see the sac at least, possibly even the yolk sac and fetal pole. But don't be worried if there isn't a heartbeat yet or you only see a sac. <3

I'm feeling OK today. Very sneezy today and runny nose, blah! Still very exhausted too. :p But loving having symptoms :) Grow baby grow! <3

Hi everyone :)
Emmy- that's great news about the early scan, don't worry xxx
Lucy- good news about the doctors. Hope ms isn't too bad.
Mojo- hope you are ok, any news?
Megan- rough night, hope your ds is ok
Markswife- I'm exhausted too. Can hardly face work at the moment. Can't wait to see what we are on your ticker tomorrow!!
Hi to all the other girls ;)
I'm knackered! Seeing the doctor next Tuesday. I'm injecting with heparin every day for clotting issues- feel like a bruised pin cushion! It's worth it for the bean!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->