2014 January Rainbows

I have one of those weekly update things on fb it's called baby gaga, I love it cus it tells me facts about the baby. Like now it's nearly 6 inches from head to bum, that's huge! I'm so bummed i still can't hear the heartbeat with the Doppler :nope:

Emmy- Maybe you have an anterior placenta?? I heard that can make it really difficult to hear....you would think that they would have told you that though... I have a feeling you'll try again soon and get a huge shock when you hear it! Fx'd!! :hugs: You're an onion Emmy!!! YAY!!

Lucy-I'm glad you decided to announce. You did it so subtle, which is nice... soon you'll be getting lots of questions! lol :winkwink:

Markswife- I'm already stalking! lol Can't Wait! :happydance:

Butterfly- YAY for naval orange!!!! :happydance:

AFM- STOKED to welcome a new fruit: MANGO! and next week the measurements start Head to Heel instead of bum....And I peeked and at 20 weeks-----

10 ish inches Head to Heel!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

Also, I was going to take a picture today to show ya'll my bump at 19 weeks...but it hasn't gotten any bigger...hmph..oh well. I did feel major strecthing pains yesterday though..so it's just a matter of time. :D

Thanks Young, I do have an anterior placenta they told me at my 12 week scan. I can hear the placenta swooshing away and my heartbeat which I'm guessing is my blood flow to the placenta so maybe that is why I can't hear the heartbeat, makes me sad though :cry:

I wanna buy an ultrasound machine!!

Emmy I agree with young you might have an anterior placenta maybe ask your dr sbout it?

So last night my aunt had a fit that I want to announce on FB and when I told my hubby he greed with HER !!! I was pissed and didn't do it yet :( I understand their worries but I feel like I can't enjoy my pregnancy bc they're scared.

Quick story why they don't want me to announce til later, I have an aunt that believes and does black magic she has a statue of the holy death in her home too, her daughter (I used to be closer to her than my sister) tried to get me fired from my job and wished upon me that I would never have kids :( so they think if I say something they are going to do something to harm my lo but my SIL talks to her and as soon as she knows they'll know that's why I want to announce bc it's my news
I believe more in God than any bad out there after I told my aunt that my SIL will soon know she said go head and say it then and may God protect you.

It sounds crazy I know but these are beliefs in my culture which I hate bc I want to post cute things I might buy and be happy not scared that they might wish something bad

Aaw Emmy maybe once baby is bigger you might hear it better sorry Hun

happy union !!!! :happydance:

I saw on tv the other day that there was this little portable u/s machine they had just come up with they were going to use in third world countries I was amazed and want one too but am sure it's not cheap

How far up is our uterus at 17 weeks last night I had my lo up above my belly button which was high I thought and she really hangs out only on the left side I keep thinking I have a lopsided uterus :haha:

Wow Lucy I know these superstitions are a big deal for you and your family but you shouldn't let anything ruin or put a downer on your beautiful pregnancy. Only nature/god is in control now, no matter how many evil family members try and hurt you. And if god forbid anything bad did happen (which it won't) it won't be because of their ill wishes!

Everything is going great with your pregnancy and you should enjoy this special time. Obviously get your OH in agreement but I defo think you are safe enough to announce! Screw the haters!

Emmy after he saw I was pissed he said I could announce Friday after my scan bc people were going to ask what am having but I told him we could keep that and the name to ourselves well except you ladies :)

Or at least the name

I grew up in the US and although those things are "real" to some family I think that it's like you said God/nature not some bad wishes it just upsets me that everyone wants to control it I get they're excited and it's a miracle but its my miracle ugh sorry I keep going over the something I just need to vent
Oh and I asked my boss like my hubby had said and she too said to announce that it should be our decision :)

It's a....

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/hmariecarr/itsagirl.jpg

Meet little Hayley Judith <3 Everything looks great except I have placenta previa, which means no intercourse for awhile and they have to check it again at 26-28 weeks to see if it moves. If not automatic C-section, but as long as baby girl is healthy that's all that matters <3 :)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/hmariecarr/08_07_2013_09_08_01_8720139829_26.jpg

AWW!! YAY MARKSWIFE!! Been waiting on you all day!!! Welcome to the club!! So happy for you!

Congrats markswife :happydance: Im so happy for you ugh Friday needs to get here already LOL

Ooh Emmy took your advice went with the baby gaga and posted on FB :)

Sorry about the Placenta Previa. I read about that and am afraid that my anterior placenta would move down and cause that for me...hopefully not! Hayley Judith! Very pretty! It's nice to be able to refer to baby with a name now! So happy! :happydance:

Thank you ladies! <3 We are SO excited! :) :yipee: We were secretly hoping for a girl, so we are thrilled!

I'm not too worried about the placenta previa so long as it doesn't cause bleeding. That would probably freak me out even though it would be from that. Hopefully it will move out of the way.

They said my placenta was low too at 12 weeks but by 16 weeks it had moved up, so yours could move up still, even if it doesn't I am sure it will be fine xx

Markswife hope it moves out of the way and everything goes well for ya (am sure it will) So glad you got what you wanted :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->