2014 January Rainbows

Congrats Markswife on :pink: your girl!! Lovely Pics and fx'd on the placenta moving up.

Well ladies, for the first time in this pregnancy, I've started to experience the terrible leg cramps in the middle of the night. I had two spasms last night, that were so excrutiating. One of my thoughts went to "I hope my contractions are only slightly worse than this.." lol :haha: I woke up this morning and could still feel the after effects as they were very sore... Anyone experience them thus far??:shrug:

Young ouch !!! I have had a few small aches but nothing bad FX I don't get them I already have knee pain at night :( I hope you don't get them anymore

My ouch right now is my bbs feel like there's a hot rod being pushed in through my nipples I want to cry they hurt so bad :(. But luckily only lasts a few min then it's gone

Lucy- oh gosh! I don't know which is worse. I haven't had ANY breast pain at all. And i am counting my lucky stars with that one! I've also noticed that I am having lower back pain, which I am told will only get worse the bigger the baby gets. I find relief if I sit completely straight or lie down. I know that when my beautiful daughter arrives, this will all be SOO worth it!
I'm glad it only lasts a few minutes for you Lucy!

Young yes it will be worth it but darn is it painful I hadn't had any bb pain either until I hit 2nd tri those leg cramps are bad too tho and the after effect aren't that pleasant either the joys LOL

I'm dreading the leg cramps!! I had them a lot with my son, but so far not with this little guy. I feel for you, that is the WORST way to wake up!

Lucy - Ouch!!! Poor you :(

I haven't had any leg cramps wither but the boobs are starting to hurt again. :dohh: I have had some wicked headaches though so that has not been fun.

I was wondering the ladies that are having little pink bundles how was your ms? I am wondering if it's true about ms being worse with girls then boys

I haven't had any leg cramps wither but the boobs are starting to hurt again. :dohh: I have had some wicked headaches though so that has not been fun.

I was wondering the ladies that are having little pink bundles how was your ms? I am wondering if it's true about ms being worse with girls then boys

I have to say that I felt nauseous every single day from week 6-14...but I NEVER vomited. I think the vomitting would have been even worse. I felt awful all the time..but i don't think my MS was THAT bad compared to what some other ladies experience.

I have to say that I felt nauseous every single day from week 6-14...but I NEVER vomited. I think the vomitting would have been even worse. I felt awful all the time..but i don't think my MS was THAT bad compared to what some other ladies experience.

Thanks Young! I wasn't hardly nauseous at all just a handful of times, and also never vomiting at all so just interested to know.

ugh..another question...Sorry..I'm full of them lately.

Is anyone else concerned about the gender scan being wrong? The tech kept telling me that the baby was in a strange position...it'd be har to determine gender...she would keep 'trying'...she showed the picture she got to another tech who said it was 'clearly' a girl...kinda thinking about doing a 3d/4d scan...that would be more accurate...right??

I am having a boy but my ms was awful, I vomited every day from weeks 8-16, lost 16lbs from feeling nauseous and off my food. I feel like it's almost gone away now but I am still off my food and now I have headaches instead!

My ms is why everyone said they thought I was having a girl!

Young I do worry about that aswell, not that it would be a problem but just cus now I am expecting a boy, have boys clothes, a name picked etc. I think all sonographer s say the baby is in a funny position, but they usually only say boy or girl if they are really sure. Even then it's not 100%. I think it's more the feeling of trusting someone else and allowing yourself to beleve something about your baby when for so long we have been so worried about every little thing going wrong!

Emmy- Sorry your MS was so awful! I feel for you! I don't think i'd be disappointed if it was a boy, but you are right...it's trusting someone telling you that. I have been worried about EVERYTHING!! I need to learn to trust. I'm stoked about a girl. I just have this feeling that I'll buy pink, be excited, be in labour, push and out will pop a boy..lol

I've been pretty nauseated off and on since week 6. Week 6 was constant 24/7 nausea, then it lowered a bit and was on and off (and when it has come back it comes back with a vengeance because I end up tossing my cookies). It was worse through the first trimester, but I've had some bad weeks in the second trimester, too, and still toss my cookies now and then. This was all a total surprise to me because last pregnancy (ended at 8 weeks) I didn't have any morning sickness at all.

So did any of you ladies try some of the old wives tales to guess the gender of your baby? If you did, were they right or wrong?

For Hayley, all of the ones we tried seemed to point to girl, so guess they were right!

Heartbeat usually between 150 and 160 bpm (wives tale says if heartbeat is above 140 it is a girl)

Baking soda test, no fizz = girl

Ring on a string test, swing in circle = girl

Chinese gender chart = girl (although depends on what one you use, I had one or two say boy)

All of the old wives tales I tried gave me about 50/50 each. Dry skin-Boy, Chinese-Girl, Ring test- first time boy, 2nd time with hubby- boy...mine was all over the place. lol

The heartbeat was always over 140 for me but its a boy, ms was bad but it was a boy, Chinese gender predicted girl, but I am really hairy which means your having a boy, so who knows!?

Hello please may I join. I had a loss at 21 weeks in July 2011, I am now 16 weeks tomorrow and due on the 24th of Jan.

I a having a nightmare time and fed up struggling on my own, all my family keep saying it will be fine this time be positive, but im sick with worry, especially as I have really heavy feelings in my vagina, like an egg is in there, but I've had everything checked and all is ok.

Any way hi all

Hi Bec C and welcome

Hi ladies sorry I've been MIA spent the day fishing and had a blast but no cell service which is nice. The gender predictors I've had have most said girl, a few of the Chinese ones say boy but will know tom :). Can't wait

Lucy- AHHH! I'm so excited! Let us know!

Bec C- Welcome! :hi:Sorry for your loss! :( Trying to stay positive can be difficult, but it's a must. If you need a lift, we will do our best to encourage you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->